Page / 4
Posted: 2/22/2021 11:35:14 PM EDT
Woohoo!  Down to 51k

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Dealer hits on a soft 17.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, and then rebounds twice or three times the "cratering". When has the dollar gained value in the last 50 years?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
One of these days I'm going to understand how crypto is backed and how it has anything to do with Computer Graphics Card processors.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
All the way down to $51k? Whoa.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I’ll buy some. ETH and LTC too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude.... it's been a $10k roller coaster the last 7 days
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Fools game
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, and then rebounds twice or three times the "cratering". When has the dollar gained value in the last 50 years?
View Quote

If it hits 50 I'm gonna have to buy more.  

At this point, I'm a degenerate.  I'll carefully scrutinize the per sheet cost of toilet paper in the grocery store for 10 minutes, but chuck dollars into crypto like it's Brewster's Millions.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

Tv will never catch on.
The internet is just a fad.
Nobody is gonna pay for water.
Nobody will pay $5 for coffee.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s on sale. Sweet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

I've been hearing that for 8 years now.  

I'm up 10,000% in this game.  I'm happy to be the fool.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:47:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One of these days I'm going to understand how crypto is backed and how it has anything to do with Computer Graphics Card processors.
View Quote

Same way USD is backed - faith.

But we're all told religion is wrong, so. . . .
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Given the inherent volatility of Bitcoin, that’s really not even a blip on the radar. And I’m not saying that hoping, I actually cashed most of mine out right near the high, so if anything I’m waiting to jump back in. If this is all it’s got, I’ll wait for a better drop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Cant wait for dumb ass crypto to crash again so I cant finally buy a fucking graphics card
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

At this point, I'm a degenerate.  I'll carefully scrutinize the per sheet cost of toilet paper in the grocery store for 10 minutes, but chuck dollars into crypto like it's Brewster's Millions.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30798/bitcoindown-1837569.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I started out with $1,000 on 1/19 of this year. Since then I’ve put in $98,000.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

Only a fool would totally dismiss playing given world current events. It’s becoming clearer it may be a greater risk not to partake at least a small stake in this fool’s game.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

""There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."

Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same here. I started out with $1,000 on 1/19 of this year. Since then I’ve put in $98,000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just threw in another 3K. I love crypto.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

I think you spelled “the future of currency exchange for commerce” wrong.

Crypto currencies will become the primary units of monetary exchange.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn guys stop using it as speculation. It's not an investment it's a means of decentralized commerce. If it could be stable then it could be useful.

Yes I'm bitter didn't buy in at 800, I've been following btc a long time as a currency alternative.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn guys stop using it as speculation. It's not an investment it's a means of decentralized commerce. If it could be stable then it could be useful.

Yes I'm bitter didn't buy in at 800, I've been following btc a long time as a currency alternative.
View Quote

Yes, but do you possess any?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It needs to get big before it can become stable.  Bitcoin has been getting less and less volatile ever since it was introduced.  It's not a short road to get from here to there though.  It might take decades but there's really no other way with a decentralized currency.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Join us on the Dogebus.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I don’t question the validity or the inevitability of Crypto as the new worlds currency, but can anyone please explain to me why it has to be Bitcoin?      IOW, could Ethereum or another crypto entirely replace it?       Forgive me if it’s a stupid question, but I’m old enough to remember Atari and Blackberry.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I look forward to primers and powder as the next currency, suckers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don’t question the validity or the inevitability of Crypto as the new worlds currency, but can anyone please explain to me why it has to be Bitcoin?      IOW, could Ethereum or another crypto entirely replace it?       Forgive me if it’s a stupid question, but I’m old enough to remember Atari and Blackberry.
View Quote

Well, BTC didn’t start with premined coins to its creators for starters. Its price discovery is truly its own and it was not created simply to get rich via scam and generating wealth out of thin air as it had no value to begin with...

Capped finite supply and the most pristinely hardening asset over time ever discovered with no means of confiscation.

It also has BRAND recognition. That in itself positions it at an advantage over the other coins.

Tell me the problems the other coins solve.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Join us on the Dogebus.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

Oh, there’s no way to make money when coins/stocks/etc are on a downtrend?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Cant wait for dumb ass crypto to crash again so I cant finally buy a fucking graphics card
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I look forward to primers and powder as the next currency, suckers.
View Quote

That will be after the govt attempts to control bitcoin and the fiat collapse goes full tilt.

Make friends
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Bitcoin itself is too volatile for use as a currency, too limited.  BUT its pointing the way.  Dogecoin has infinitely more utility. Who knows how crypto will be used as a currency in 10 years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will continue to get played like a stock investment until they are all gone and reaches  a more stable price.
Not until then and maybe not even then as BTC has some issues moving forward holding on to the number one spot. Dam good chance something else will replace it before that price stability becomes a fact.
Significant chatter that the ETH blockchain would be superior for currency exchange.
Who the fuck knows for sure..?

As long as there is any opportunity for a crypto to gain value. It will get bought and sold as an investment, not Used as currency.
You can use it as currency but it is not stable enough to bring the masses inline with the concept until the bulk of the profit motive is gone.
Once that happens and the most likely winners are focused on, I foresee a tremendous crypto crash. A dozen or so winners that dominate the space. The other 2k cryptos die a near instant death.

Everyone is jockeying for position and it will be years until it gets sorted out.

Enjoy the volatile nature now.
I fucked around with it in 09-10, but it was way beyond me technically at that time. I struggled with much of it.
Planned to buy 1k when it was penny's, but I was not computer savvy enough back then and dropped it.
Got back in and more serious buying in at $300. Buys and sells over the years but never pulled the trigger on a big block of it. Dam it !

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:50:10 AM EDT
[#36]
down to $50,000

lol

down

imagine going back to 2014 and saying it would get up to $50,000

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, BTC didn’t start with premined coins to its creators for starters. Its price discovery is truly its own and it was not created simply to get rich via scam and generating wealth out of thin air as it had no value to begin with...

Capped finite supply and the most pristinely hardening asset over time ever discovered with no means of confiscation.

It also has BRAND recognition. That in itself positions it at an advantage over the other coins.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other coins can make transactions faster and cheaper, right?

Could our government track your bitcoin purchases?     Just for an example, let’s say someone fled to a non extradition country, and then tried to convert bitcoin to cash or gold.   Could they easily do it?

Could the World banks collude to pressure transactions away from Bitcoin and into a Crypto of their choosing?

I’m just trying to learn about this.  Tie all the pieces together.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:58:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Could our government track your bitcoin purchases?     Iow, just for an example, let’s say someone fled to a non extradition country, and then tried to convert bitcoin to cash or gold.   Could they easily do it?

Could the World banks collude to pressure transactions away from Bitcoin and into a Crypto of their choosing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could our government track your bitcoin purchases?     Iow, just for an example, let’s say someone fled to a non extradition country, and then tried to convert bitcoin to cash or gold.   Could they easily do it?

Sure, they can track my transactions...it's public record and on the ledger...ultimately, why I think they gotta even love it at the end of the day.  But what are they going to do if I leave the country with $2mln worth (I'm far from this valuation, but future, who knows) of BTC with my family and say Fuck America those commie fucks!?  

Faster?  Sure, but what difference does that make other than buying a cup of coffee?  There's also the Lightning network that comes into play and nullifies all that.  Cheaper?  Sure, maybe...but ETH just had retarded transaction fee spikes all the same courtesy of their Mempool just a couple weeks ago, and again, get used to Lightning in the long run.  It is somewhat akin to withdrawing cash money from your bank account, keeping it in your wallet for expenses for xyz timeframe, separate from your safer, long-term savings account holdings.

Why would I trust a world bank cryptocurrency that they will manipulate the same way they move my 1's and 0's in the bank account with inflationary measures against the dollar to destroy my generational wealth?  BTC would still be king as they have no means to steal my wealth and TIME (most valuable asset we all possess).  BTC is a blackhole for any dollars they print, and as they print more money, BTC can only get larger as a hedge against their nefarious theft of my life's time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
down to $50,000

lol

down

View Quote

Yeah, shoot me. I sold 42.xx in 2013.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Tv will never catch on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fools game

Tv will never catch on.

Without electricity it's useless, bro.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah, shoot me. I sold 42 in 2013.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
down to $50,000

lol

down

Yeah, shoot me. I sold 42 in 2013.

At least you were there.  
 I scoffed at the Forbes article.  "Fake internet money?  That seems ludicrous."  Think that article printed around $400/coin time circa 2014...perhaps even earlier.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#42]
still waiting for my beanie babies to peak to reinvest!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:06:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fools game

Tv will never catch on.

Without electricity, everything we've come to understand will be useless, bro.  Grid will be the first thing we get powered back on...Lest everything we know also become useless.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
still waiting for my beanie babies to peak to reinvest!
View Quote

Beanie babies did not have the unknown bounds of valuation of the "printing press" or "internet" of currency in terms of human evolution and discovery.  Time will tell if BTC is invaluable or worthless.  Beanie babies didn't even have a chance.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

It won't be bitcoin. After the big banks are done playing catch up on the tech, they'll institute their own centralized version that they control and make all others illegal to own. But only after pumping it up for years only to dump it just before the announcement. So ride the wave, just don't get stuck holding the bag.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Waiting for it to go down to 1k then I’ll buy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Followed the market today, that's why. Stock market crash coming. Bull market since 2009, cant keep up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sure, they can track my transactions...it's public record and on the ledger...ultimately, why I think they gotta even love it at the end of the day.  But what are they going to do if I leave the country with $2mln worth (I'm far from this valuation, but future, who knows) of BTC with my family and say Fuck America those commie fucks!?  

Faster?  Sure, but what difference does that make other than buying a cup of coffee?  There's also the Lightning network that comes into play and nullifies all that.  Cheaper?  Sure, maybe...but ETH just had retarded transaction fee spikes all the same courtesy of their Mempool just a couple weeks ago, and again, get used to Lightning in the long run.  It is somewhat akin to withdrawing money, keeping it in your wallet for expenses for xyz timeframe, separate from your safer, long-term savings account holdings.

Why would I trust a world bank cryptocurrency that they will manipulate the same way they move my 1's and 0's in the bank account with inflationary measures against the dollar to destroy my generational wealth?  BTC would still be king as they have no means to steal my wealth and TIME (most valuable asset we all possess).  BTC is a blackhole for any dollars they print, and as they print more money, BTC can only get larger as a hedge against their nefarious theft of my life's time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Faster?  Sure, but what difference does that make other than buying a cup of coffee?  There's also the Lightning network that comes into play and nullifies all that.  Cheaper?  Sure, maybe...but ETH just had retarded transaction fee spikes all the same courtesy of their Mempool just a couple weeks ago, and again, get used to Lightning in the long run.  It is somewhat akin to withdrawing money, keeping it in your wallet for expenses for xyz timeframe, separate from your safer, long-term savings account holdings.

Thanks for the reply.  I’m in awe the the faith it takes to hodl through these highs and lows.   The true believers have been richly rewarded indeed.     You guys hipped me to BC just before the Mt. Gox implosion, and it was that incident that convinced me not to play.
I’m slightly tortured by that fact, but realistically, there’s no way I wouldn’t have sold at $5000, and $10,000.  
My hats off to all the BC millionaires.  How many have been created?     Does anyone track it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:21:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I just put in a limit order at 110 for some crypto etf. Ill let you know if it fills. Always been uncomfortable buying something with zero assets to back it. Call me old fashioned.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fools game
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top