Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2021 10:12:15 PM EDT
Energy and Commerce Committee members Anna Eshoo and Jerry McNerny are demanding TV providers drop Fox News, One America News and Newsmax
The California representatives claim the right-wing media networks served as 'misinformation rumor mills and conspiracy theory hotbeds'
The letter asking if they plan to continue airing these three networks was sent to a dozen different cable, satellite and streaming companies on Monday
Recipients of the letter include Google parent company Alphabet, AT&T, Verizon, Roku, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Comcast, Charter Communications, DISH and Altice
Representatives Anna Eshoo and Jerry McNerny, both of whom represent California and sit on the Energy and Commerce Committee, claim it's the responsibility of these companies to address media outlets 'disseminating misinformation to millions' through their airwaves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9288013/U-S-lawmakers-ask-video-providers-address-misinformation-TV-channels.html
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Not even trying to hide their disdain for the Bill of Rights.
Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw this coming...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a herd in serious need of culling, they're breeding too many retards.

Is there anything democrats don't hate??

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is there anything democrats don't hate??

View Quote

Being in charge without the responsibility

Our tax money

Themselves
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow open commie state being formed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
This is sickening.Should they succeed they will have 100% control of all media and any internet related forms of communication.No opposing view points will ever reach the masses again.It will be all liberal all the time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]
They really can't handle an opposing point of view. One platform after another gets canceled and information  found on internet searches is starting to look a little "suspect" on content and scope. Maybe my imagination but I have a hard time finding info. to support alternative views on things.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Well if it's about disinformation what about NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I read this one
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
How DARE those media outlets suggest that we haven't ALWAYS been at war with Eastasia?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#11]
The government is wise. The government knows what is best...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Remember the internet freedom issues and DJTs FCC commissioner who was going to bring about the end of the world? That guy was solid and had reversed some dumbassery that FBOs guy had done. I assume that guy was not retained and is long gone?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#13]
They should be locked up for violating the Constitution.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow open commie state being formed.
View Quote

Well you are correct.............

See below, and this is from a Democrat.

Read this..
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They really can't handle an opposing point of view. One platform after another gets canceled and information  found on internet searches is starting to look a little "suspect" on content and scope. Maybe my imagination but I have a hard time finding info. to support alternative views on things.
View Quote

They're nothing but fucking whiny little bitches who will stop at nothing to turn us into a third world country if they're allowed to continue their destruction of our country. The spineless pussy Re-pube-licans will most certainly "reach across the aisle" as those pussies always do, and help the Dems kill everything good about what he had before the election was stolen from us.

FUCK THE DEMS>FUCK THE REPUBLICAN PUSSIES>and FUCK THAT BRAIN DEAD PEDO FUCKTARD BIDEN
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#16]
The letter "asks if they plan to continue" broadcasting these networks. Not "demands". Simply a question, harmless, right? Just asking, don't shoot the messenger. Don't read anything into it. /sarc

Passive-aggressive and plausibly deniable. Cancel culture twittards use the same style messaging.
"Your employee was seen eating chocolate pudding. Do you believe [your company] supports [current outrage]?"
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Net Neutrality Bad.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Do they really think censoring things they don't like will make dissent disappear?  If anything it is going to start radicalizing people.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Fuckers
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I’d like to see a copy of that letter.  What are they asking for specifically and do they list specific examples of what they think is harmful?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Lol.

First they came for D**** S******, and I said f*** A***** A*****, he's a N***.

Then they came for Infowars, and I said f***, Alex Jones, he's a whack job.

Now they are coming for the outlets I like, and I guess I'll just have more time to watch my wife's son while Tyrone visits.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Better be careful what they wish for. That could force them to spin off their own service and cause shitty ass Democrat companies like Comcast to lose a shitload of customers
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#24]
This letter is a direct violation of their oath of office.

Anyone live in Eshoo or McNerney's congressional district?

File a congressional ethics complaint
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I believe even “misinformation” (Lol) is covered under the Constitution...if it isn’t then politicians could be individually liable, right?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#26]
They're so afraid. Fags.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#27]
And they call Conservatives Nazi's.  

These morons are fascists.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lol.

First they came for D**** S******, and I said f*** A***** A*****, he's a N***.

Then they came for Infowars, and I said f***, Alex Jones, he's a whack job.

Now they are coming for the outlets I like, and I guess I'll just have more time to watch my wife's son while Tyrone visits.
View Quote

Lol wut?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
They think they control the tech lords. Perhaps it is a shared error in development that causes inadequate perception of reality.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#31]
California Democrats going nationwide
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Do they really think censoring things they don't like will make dissent disappear?  If anything it is going to start radicalizing people.
View Quote

They're still playing the long game.

Sure, there might be a few million people that get pissed off, and a few hundred thousand of those will send a nasty email, and maybe a few thousand others will write a nasty letter, but after a while, you'll just be sitting around the campfire some day with your bids and one of you will ask, "Hey, you remember that old TV network with the hot chick that was always asking Trump the really good questions, and wasn't being a total cunt?  What was here name?  One America something was the network.  Remember her?  What ever happened to her when they shut her network down?"  

Eventually, the only "trusted" network will be the one called "Truth," or somesuch, and the CNNs and Foxes, and MSNBCs will get all their information from the "Truth" network, because why wouldn't they?  It says right in the name, "Pravda"  "Truth."
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is sickening.Should they succeed they will have 100% control of all media and any internet related forms of communication.No opposing view points will ever reach the masses again.It will be all liberal all the time.
View Quote

People don’t think fascism be like it is, but it do...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Energy and Commerce Committee members Anna Eshoo and Jerry McNerny are demanding TV providers drop Fox News, One America News and Newsmax
The California representatives claim the right-wing media networks served as 'misinformation rumor mills and conspiracy theory hotbeds'
The letter asking if they plan to continue airing these three networks was sent to a dozen different cable, satellite and streaming companies on Monday
Recipients of the letter include Google parent company Alphabet, AT&T, Verizon, Roku, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Comcast, Charter Communications, DISH and Altice
Representatives Anna Eshoo and Jerry McNerny, both of whom represent California and sit on the Energy and Commerce Committee, claim it's the responsibility of these companies to address media outlets 'disseminating misinformation to millions' through their airwaves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9288013/U-S-lawmakers-ask-video-providers-address-misinformation-TV-channels.html
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top