Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2021 9:12:09 PM EDT
So I sold some safe queens that I wasn't doing anything with.

Original idea was to fund an IWI ACE in 5.56.

I'm still thinking of going this route....but I'm debating buying an XCR in 5.56 instead.

Give me some pros and cons.

I like that the ACE has actually been adopted by multiple countries

ACE
Attachment Attached File

XCR-L
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
OP, I click on these threads to see cool guns.

Please post pictures of cool guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Got you fam

Attachment Attached File

That's a tough one OP. Both pretty, cool. But I've never owned an. xcr, only admired from the interwebs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Ace in 5.56 and would go with that if you can.  

Keep in mind I know nothing of the XCR.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't heard the XCR mentioned in a long time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck Robinson and I say that as the owner of an M96
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t have an opinion either way but I just thank god that this isn’t another 20” AR thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#7]
If I didn't already have several 5.56 AKs I would have one.
also
I suspect the ability to find parts for the ACE in the future is better than the XCR.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you ever fired or handled an ACE? It's a pig.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I sold some safe queens that I wasn't doing anything with.

Original idea was to fund an IWI ACE in 5.56.

I'm still thinking of going this route....but I'm debating buying an XCR in 5.56 instead.

Give me some pros and cons.

I like that the ACE has actually been adopted by multiple countries

ACE
https://iwi.us/product/galil-ace-rifle-5-56-nato/

View Quote

I wouldn't be torn at all. I'm an original mid 600's serial number first gen XCR-L owner and it's no contest. The ACE is a 1 trick pony, the XCR is a truly modular fighting rifle and the only one to actually live up to that promise. I have a shitload of rounds thru mine-many thousand, mostly steel case. Still runs like a raped ape and is boringly reliable. It also has lower recoil than the fancy ultralight AR I built with the best parts for 2-Gun.

These are seriously underrated guns and the only reason I would ever sell mine would be to get a 10" .300BO with the more modern handguards they offer now. I would take this rifle into a SHTF in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuckingthreadsucks.gif
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are definitely heavy rifles. Some guys like that, mostly bench shooters. People that run and gun or ever carry their rifle farther than from the trunk of their car to the rifle range want light rifles.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If I didn't already have several 5.56 AKs I would have one.
also
I suspect the ability to find parts for the ACE in the future is better than the XCR.
View Quote

Why do you say that? Parts for the XCR have never been an issue once production got going. Caliber conversions took their time to get right, but you can call Robinson and get what you need or call one of his dealers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Sad to say IMI will provide much better service.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And isn't anti-gun for common folk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
The answer is the CZ Bren 2
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trumpwrong.gif
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not happy with how they rolled out the Bren 2 MS  Carbine
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh I disagree. It's only like 7-8# rifle, so no featherweight but ain't at pig yet ,  just got some of that AK front heaviness. Cause yeah I'm sort of light gun snob too.

Robinson being such a small company has given me pause as well. I remember reading about ludicrous wait times years ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:24:36 AM EDT
[#20]
One is a nice AK and the other is a blend of the AK, AR, and FAL.

Neither is more deadly or anything than the other. I got an XCR cuz I liked the ergos and modularity. Decide for yourself what’s important to you (support, ergos, looks, whatever).

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:27:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Absolutely, without any doubt the XCR. BY far the most underrated firearm on the market. I want an Ace too but not before an XCR. 100% American made, built extremely well. Innovative design that rivals Stoners philosophy. It ticks all the boxes for me.
Adjustable gas piston
Left side charging
No buffer tube
Dead easy take down
Barrel lengths from 9" to 20"
Choose your profile
Standard Mags
Quality stocks
Monolithic upper
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Absolutely, without any doubt the XCR. BY far the most underrated firearm on the market. I want an Ace too but not before an XCR. 100% American made, built extremely well. Innovative design that rivals Stoners philosophy. It ticks all the boxes for me.
Adjustable gas piston
Left side charging
No buffer tube
Dead easy take down
Barrel lengths from 9" to 20"
Choose your profile
Standard Mags
Quality stocks
Monolithic upper
View Quote

How is the gas block held in place on the XCR?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I had no idea that Robinson was still around and the XCR was still being manufactured.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:11:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd show you a pic of mine but I don't know where it is at the moment.  ACE.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#25]
On January 1, 2008, Alex Robinson, CEO of Robinson Armament Co., announced his endorsement of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on the Robinson Armament Co. website. This has led to considerable controversy in the firearms enthusiast community, as Romney indicated on a December 16, 2007 interview on Meet the Press that he would sign a reauthorization of the expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban. This endorsement is seen as peculiar because reauthorizing the Assault Weapons Ban would make sale of the XCR to civilians in the United States illegal. The endorsement has led to calls for a boycott of Robinson Armament Co. in the firearms community.
View Quote

been on that boycott since day1.

So im gonna say IMI.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I had no idea that Robinson was still around and the XCR was still being manufactured.
View Quote
I'm not even trying to be an asshole, I really didn't even know they were still in business. I haven't heard that three digit combination of letters in a decade.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm not even trying to be an asshole, I really didn't even know they were still in business. I haven't heard that three digit combination of letters in a decade.
View Quote

Mine hasn't left the safe in over a decade.  I suppose I should sell it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#28]
XCR all day.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I had the ACE, but it didn't feel right. If it were a SBR maybe it would've been a different story. The 5.45 ones look awesome.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:22:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I put a Surefire Procomp on mine to help a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:43:40 AM EDT
[#31]
If I were going to move away from the AR platform and stay with 5.56 I’d look at the CZ Bren2.

If I were moving to .300blk I’d probably switch to the Sig MCX. I was actually planning on doing just that when the ammo shortage hit. It has put that project on hold for now.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:46:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

been on that boycott since day1.

So im gonna say IMI.
View Quote
People really need to get over that stupid BS. You remind me of a 45 year old former high school cheerleader who's boyfriend cheated on her when she was 15.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If I were going to move away from the AR platform and stay with 5.56 I'd look at the CZ Bren2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQTycBLd4c

If I were moving to .300blk I'd probably switch to the Sig MCX. I was actually planning on doing just that when the ammo shortage hit. It has put that project on hold for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2yAMXguW8
View Quote
Get an XCR-L and it does .556, 7.62x39, 6.8SPC, .224 Valkyrie or 6.5 Grendel within 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:51:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Get an XCR-L and it does both within 30 seconds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I were going to move away from the AR platform and stay with 5.56 I'd look at the CZ Bren2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQTycBLd4c

If I were moving to .300blk I'd probably switch to the Sig MCX. I was actually planning on doing just that when the ammo shortage hit. It has put that project on hold for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2yAMXguW8
Get an XCR-L and it does both within 30 seconds.

Cool, but I can get spare parts from both CZ and Sig easily. Plus Sig or CZ will still be around 20 years from now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Get the ACE. Mind has been dead nuts reliable with crap wolf ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Cool, but I can get spare parts from both CZ and Sig easily. Plus Sig or CZ will still be around 20 years from now.
View Quote
Yeah, it's too bad we don't support innovative American companies like we do foreign companies.

Go for it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:57:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's too bad we don't support innovative American companies like we do foreign companies.

Go for it.
View Quote
Robinson Arms supported a candidate that would have banned their own product.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:58:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can get all the spare parts for an XCR now. Who told you you couldn't?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol @sig support 10+ years after product launch
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Shot my buddies ACE in 545. Felt like my old SIG556. Heavy. Underwhelming. Not great. Not terrible. I’d probably go XCR. Love my SCAR 16 the most of any of my files. The 556 is one of the few guns I’ve sold.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I handled a friends the other day, super nice gun.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:08:06 AM EDT
[#42]
This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I'd put that money towards stuff like optics, lights, slings, chest rig, plate carrier, gear belt, first aid stuff, comms, etc, unless you have all that stuff thoroughly covered. A decent plate carrier complete with good plates, pouches, and IFAK can run you as much as a new rifle or more.

There's lots of gun-related gear that hasn't really been effected by panic pricing. Optics don't seem any different (you can still get Vortex red dots from Palmetto for $120), lights and slings don't seem any different, good chest rigs are still very affordable, IFAKs and their contents haven't really changed, and Gen M3 Pmags are $15.

I think since this panic has been heavily driven by first-time gun owners rather than people like us who are actually into guns, those people seem to be buying an AR15 with two mags and a few boxes of ammo and thinking they're set. The types of people driving this particular panic don't seem to be thinking they need to outfit their new AR with a red dot, light, and sling. And they especially don't seem to be thinking they need to get a chest rig and an IFAK.

It's almost like the salad days only really ended for just guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I'd put that money towards stuff like optics, lights, slings, chest rig, plate carrier, gear belt, first aid stuff, comms, etc, unless you have all that stuff thoroughly covered. A decent plate carrier complete with good plates, pouches, and IFAK can run you as much as a new rifle or more.

There's lots of gun-related gear that hasn't really been effected by panic pricing. Optics don't seem any different (you can still get Vortex red dots from Palmetto for $120), lights ans slings don't seem any different, good chest rigs are still very affordable, IFAKs and their contents haven't really changed, and Gen M3 Pmags are $15.

I think since this panic has been heavily driven by first-time gun owners rather than people like us who are actually into guns, those people seem to be buying an AR15 with two mags and a few boxes of ammo and thinking they're set. The types of people driving this particular panic don't seem to be thinking they need to outfit their new AR with a red dot, light, and sling. And they especially don't seem to be thinking they need to get a chest rig and an IFAK.

It's almost like the salad days only really ended for just guns and ammo.
View Quote
Jesus that is the most wholesome post I've read in a long time, and not even wrong.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I have an XCR and only handled an ACE at a gun shop. I prefer my XCR. I use to have a 300bo barrel for it and it literally took 60 seconds to change from 223.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:41:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Robinson Arms supported a candidate that would have banned their own product.
View Quote
Yep, that was clearly a bad move. Can I please gently encourage you to get over it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:43:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I'd go with the Galil. I think the spare parts supply will be better in the future because it is IWI and the ACE isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

If you must get a more modern rifle, SIG MCX. Again, MCX is going places and you'll likely be able to get spares long into the future. I think it is mostly safe from major "generations" that are incompatible going forward.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Get both!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Jesus that is the most wholesome post I've read in a long time, and not even wrong.
View Quote

It's ultimately just a theory of mine. But it just struck me as odd that while M193 was over a dollar per round and Palmetto AR kits were going for double or even triple what they were, the same effect oddly didn't seem to be present for almost any other gun-related products. And the only explanation I can come up with is that while past panics tended to be driven by people like us who were anticipating bans after Democrats won elections, this one is heavily driven by people who don't really think like us or consider that there's more to "being armed" than just having a bare bones AR15 and 4 boxes of ammo.

Granted, stuff being out of stock is still a problem even for items who's prices haven't really changed. But it does seem like the salad days never fully went away for lots of gun-related gear that gun owners should have.

For someone who only has an AR15, the amount of money they'd be spending on another rifle would be much better spent outfitting that rifle with a red dot, light, and sling, a good chest rig (like something from Haley Strategic or Trex Arms), and an IFAK.

Hell, for all we know with all the legislation the Dems are dreaming up, maybe the same effect will happen to all the other stuff and we'll see Vortex red dots selling for $600, $75 Pmags, $200 slings, and chest rigs for $1,000. If you still need/want any gun-related gear and accessories, now is the time to do it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I want a Galil ACE pistol in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And isn't anti-gun for common folk.
View Quote

The fuck you talking ‘bout, Willis?

Robinson sells weapons, even factory SBR’s to anyone who wants one..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top