Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/22/2021 6:02:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That's not bad. A sling and an attachment point. So what's the recommended sling?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You could have just posted the rifle here and we would have roasted you just fine
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Who the f*** is Andrew?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
He said a game warden if you can't get a suppressor , what's a game warden?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a crummy commercial.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He said a game warden if you can't get a suppressor , what's a game warden?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Surefire Warden, which is just a surefire blast deflector that uses the same mounts as SF suppressors.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who the f*** is Andrew?
View Quote

Think that’s bluefalcon81. Not sure. Does gel testing on the ARFcom channel.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
He sure did tiptoe around saying your optic is a cheap Chinese piece of shit
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Ignorant question. Why would a guy in the class have to keep using the charging handle instead of the bolt release?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Can he roast both of mine???

And

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You could have just posted the rifle here and we would have roasted you just fine
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I’d put a primary arms optic on maybe a 22LR range toy not much else. Even then thinking about nope not doing it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thought the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#16]
He was kind.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Ha, I bet the lower one is loud as shit inside and outside. Really nice, don't get me wrong.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ignorant question. Why would a guy in the class have to keep using the charging handle instead of the bolt release?
View Quote

Some folks like to keep the manipulations as close to possible system to system. Think pistol/rifle tap & rack...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Who the f*** is Andrew?
View Quote

He is that dude that says he loves you at the end of his videos....creepy
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was very polite about it lol

Doesn’t the heavy set guy work for the site or something? Can’t they at least buy the guy an Aimpoint PRO from the EE?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#21]
That was a long video just to say that your shit is all retarded.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#22]
My HD rifle is practically eligible for a retro thread.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That's not bad. A sling and an attachment point. So what's the recommended sling?
View Quote

M1 sling
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#24]
That wasn’t a roast.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#25]
What sling is that? ferro slingster? nothing bad about that sling wtf.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought the sling took a lot more abuse than the optic.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I expected worse, but overall not a bad video.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#29]
So whats the sling recommendation?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have been in two classes with Gonzalez.

At least when I was training with him he always ran the charging handle and always stripped empty mags out of the rifle.  Theory I believe was reducing points of potential failure.  You know the mag is out/coming out when you strip it and running the handle provides the maximum forward momentum to the BCG.

The man can shoot.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Serious question.  If someone uses a weapon professionally or if their life depends on it, I can understand taking a "no cost is too great to pay" approach for reliability and quality.  But why the hate for inexpensive optics that are pretty damn reliable?  Not everyone needs an aimpoint, Schmidt and Bender, Nightforce, etc.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

We won't.

OP your optic is a cheap Chinese POS.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Cool video.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Spent so much on the SureFire can, he couldn't afford a decent optic.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have been in two classes with Gonzalez.

At least when I was training with him he always ran the charging handle and always stripped empty mags out of the rifle.  Theory I believe was reducing points of potential failure.  You know the mag is out/coming out when you strip it and running the handle provides the maximum forward momentum to the BCG.

The man can shoot.

View Quote

Not sure I would run something that hard with a latchless charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Serious question.  If someone uses a weapon professionally or if their life depends on it, I can understand taking a "no cost is too great to pay" approach for reliability and quality.  But why the hate for inexpensive optics that are pretty damn reliable?  Not everyone needs an aimpoint, Schmidt and Bender, Nightforce, etc.  

View Quote

Because an Aimpoint PRO is a great optic and isn't much more than a Primary Arms.

Guys spend $350 or more on garbage when they could have bought something like an older EOTech or Comp M2.  Nobody is saying everyone needs a $2,000 optic.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are right.  

But it's funny seeing high end rifles (KAC, LMT, BCM, or whoever else you think is high end) and then plop a cheap Chicom optic on it (usually also in a high end Geissele, Badger, etc mount - sometimes the mount is more expensive than the optic).  

I just don't get that.  If you are funding limited, and only finger bang a couple times of year for fun, just go cheap all around.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Efforts and expenses toward HD were wasted....little did he know the killer had already silently invaded. All the shooting classes in the world failed to prepare him for the beetus.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because an Aimpoint PRO is a great optic and isn't much more than a Primary Arms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because stuff breaks when you use it. Cheap stuff breaks more often. Charging handles, safeties, sights, optics, slings, and triggers I have seen fail in person.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Guys spend $350 or more on garbage when they could have bought something like an older EOTech or Comp M2.  Nobody is saying everyone needs a $2,000 optic.
View Quote

What if he has a prism 1x optic because he has astigmatism? Next best option then becomes an acog TA44 which of course carries a higher price tag. Maybe a hologram eotech would work, but eotechs have the taint of unreliability (deserved or not) on them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

The thing is, a cheap optic costs 200 dollars. An Aimpoint is 400 dollars. That's a pretty small gap to get top of the line quality compared to Chinese stuff which may or may not function well.

It's disingenuous to bring up S&B or Nightforce, because those optics are seriously expensive. But an Aimpoint is in the reach of everyone. Seriously, cheap out on the stock. Get a take off M4 from the EE for 5 bucks. Cheap out on the trigger, a GI model will function fine. Cheap out on the handguard, again a set of M4 ones from the EE for nothing. An A2 flash hider will work perfectly fine. Even cheap out on the lower; a PSA or Anderson is perfectly fine as long as you verify the specs on it.

But for the love of all that is holy, sack up and buy a good BCG, barrel, and optic. Everything else is optional.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My HD rifle is practically eligible for a retro thread.

Kharn
View Quote

You think that's bad... mines a shotgun!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You are right.  

But it's funny seeing high end rifles (KAC, LMT, BCM, or whoever else you think is high end) and then plop a cheap Chicom optic on it (usually also in a high end Geissele, Badger, etc mount - sometimes the mount is more expensive than the optic).  

I just don't get that.  If you are funding limited, and only finger bang a couple times of year for fun, just go cheap all around.
View Quote

I spent quite a few years toying with cheap optics to finally come to the conclusion.. buy once, cry once. Even used Aimpoints, Trijicons and EOTechs are nothing to scoff at and well worth the money over new ChiComm stuffs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Efforts and expenses toward HD were wasted....little did he know the killer had already silently invaded. All the shooting classes in the world failed to prepare him for the beetus.
View Quote
Ayup.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The thing is, a cheap optic costs 200 dollars. An Aimpoint is 400 dollars. That's a pretty small gap to get top of the line quality compared to Chinese stuff which may or may not function well.

It's disingenuous to bring up S&B or Nightforce, because those optics are seriously expensive. But an Aimpoint is in the reach of everyone. Seriously, cheap out on the stock. Get a take off M4 from the EE for 5 bucks. Cheap out on the trigger, a GI model will function fine. Cheap out on the handguard, again a set of M4 ones from the EE for nothing. An A2 flash hider will work perfectly fine. Even cheap out on the lower; a PSA or Anderson is perfectly fine as long as you verify the specs on it.

But for the love of all that is holy, sack up and buy a good BCG, barrel, and optic. Everything else is optional.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This should be the gospel!\
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm ded.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

My pro has been working great since they came out. I can't stand EOtechs reticle.... How they doing with their countless thousands of defective optics?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top