Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I wondered if a person could build up an AK using screws instead of rivits, guess this shows that It can be done.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The Alaska State Troopers did an arctic test for which semi auto rifle worked the best in cold weather conditions.  Wasn't the m-14 (although the Navy uses that for polar bear sentry duty on subs that surface in the pack ice) but the Finnish Valmet, a Kalashnikov-derived design.

The test was from an old website I  read years ago, I wont even bother trying to look for it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
the damn things are so inaccurate that their owners can't even hit the AK forum with their posts!

mike
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Already in the AK forum..
Gotta love it!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If you use the screw method, a pregnancy could result.  I know I am a professional!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet. As an added feature, they are much more evil-looking than the AR family. Something about the big banana-shaped mags twists the lib's panties like nothing else. Maybe its the fact I can fill the mag for $2.40.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sweet. As an added feature, they are much more evil-looking than the AR family. Something about the big banana-shaped mags twists the lib's panties like nothing else. Maybe its the fact I can fill the mag for $2.40.

And the one on the video is EXTRA evil because it's all black!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I wanna build one of those bad, I'm just too scareddy cat that I'll get $200 in parts infront of me and not know what to do.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
So buy all the parts! If anything, once you know you can't do anything with them that'll look like someone over the age of 3 assembled it, you can allways send it all away for professional building

It's about as easy as it gets, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd be more afraid that you'd get the parts and then the ATF would come knockin' on your door. Remember that one place that sold all the machine gun parts kits, sure enough the ATF said that the kits weren't properly cut so they still considered them machineguns and took the records of all the people that bought them. I'd love to build an AMD-65 but I don't want to risk it right at this moment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
nah, non issue. Nothin illegal about having anything from a real (read: select-fire) AK, other than the tiny section of receiver which has the 'third hole' cut in it. Either way, most of the receivers you can buy now have zero sheetmetal left on them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The Alaska State Troopers did an arctic test for which semi auto rifle worked the best in cold weather conditions.  Wasn't the m-14 (although the Navy uses that for polar bear sentry duty on subs that surface in the pack ice) but the Finnish Valmet, a Kalashnikov-derived design.

The test was from an old website I  read years ago, I wont even bother trying to look for it.

Excellent article, I read it too. Think it was the Galil though, which is patterned after the Valmet. They didn't specifically test the other AK variants, including the AK-47, but the presumption was that all would function equally well given the inherent design similarities.
IIRC, they tested them at -60F at one point and only the Galil fed and functioned reliably. All of the rifles functioned better at that temp without lube but the Galil without lube functioned quite a bit better than anything else.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
the damn things are so inaccurate that their owners can't even hit the AK forum with their posts!

mike

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#18]
If you look at enough pics from Iraq, you'll notice more than one US troop carrying something other than his issued M16...

Sofar I've seen both FAL's and AK's in the hands of US troops...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If you look at enough pics from Iraq, you'll notice more than one US troop carrying something other than his issued M16...

Sofar I've seen both FAL's and AK's in the hands of US troops...

Yup... pretty cool test
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top