Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/22/2021 11:44:49 AM EDT
... places to live in the future than the US?
Yea, I know the West is better for now, but at least the above mentioned areas aren't getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of pink haired, fat trans weird o's like we are.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Crime ridden shit-holes .... all of them
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The area around Georgia in the Caucasas is supposed to be very fertile and isn't supposed to be as badly affected by the grand solar minimum.  However, it's partially populated by the Armenians (no complaints against them) but it is always contested (probably b/c they're Christians and their neighbors are Muslims) and I don't want to be in a war zone.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol. No.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you smoking? Crime rates in developed places like Czech Republic, Poland, and even Saudi countries are very low.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what people said about the old west.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Estonia maybe. The rest seem like dogshit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Lots of places within our own country to escape to.

I can go 3 hours further north in my own state and find places that look like something out of a 1950s Sitcom.

You can live almost any way you want in this country.  You can be a fisherman in Alaska or beach bum in Florida.

Save your money, grow your assets, and put yourself in a position to go live somewhere that makes you happy when the time is right.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Going to take a wild guess that OP has never been to any of these places.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#9]
If I were single and no kids I'd already be in Hungary, lots of family there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Other than hot women, no.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Poland and Hungary are two places I've heard good things about.  But I'm too old to learn a new language, so there's that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What are you smoking? Crime rates in developed places like Czech Republic, Poland, and even Saudi countries are very low.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You actually believe gov't officials who served and supported soviet block regimes?

Saudi countries??? Yes, known for their freedom and tolerance. Ask any journalist from there
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Now we are cooking. This thread was a hop, skip, and a jump away from being an Eastern European hot chick love fest from its inception.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can go 3 hours further north in my own state and find places that look like something out of a 1950s Sitcom.

You can live almost any way you want in this country.  You can be a fisherman in Alaska or beach bum in Florida.

Save your money, grow your assets, and put yourself in a position to go live somewhere that makes you happy when the time is right.

A lot of commies in the UP.  I lived 50 miles east of Marquette for a decade in the 90's.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Until you can't. At the current pace we're heading for being shut out of everything except the concentration camps. "Our network analysis and satellite phots have proven you guilty of wrong-think so we've cut your digital currency vouchers and have re-appropriated your possessions to benefit the State. Please come with us; we are detaining you for re-education."
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Now we are cooking. This thread was a hop, skip, and a jump away from being an Eastern European hot chick love fest from its inception.
View All Quotes
Yep
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Poland and Hungary are two places I've heard good things about.  But I'm too old to learn a new language, so there's that.
View Quote

Good luck learning Hungarian or Polish.  Especially Hungarian.  It's one of the hardest languages in the world to learn.

They are both pretty cool places though, but I'm not so sure that I'd want to live permanently in either of them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Me and her....., we could be friends.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
... places to live in the future than the US?
Yea, I know the West is better for now, but at least the above mentioned areas aren't getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of pink haired, fat trans weird o's like we are.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#20]
No.  I've been to the caucusus in Russia (Nartkala specifically)  You don't want to live there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol. No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I swear, GD has become a mirror of DU of when Trump was president.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

They weren’t part of the Soviet Union.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I would move to Czech. Beautiful country, beautiful women, awesome dogs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a coworker from Uzbekistan, he just got back from three months visiting his family and he can call the OP delusional in at least three languages.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Czechia, would all be decent places to live.

ETA- not suggesting anyone leave, but there's nice places in all those countries.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Hahahahaha what the actual fuck?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Once American goes away no where will be safe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes Estonia, ive been looking at it as well. As for moving to an Islamic shithole.... no way no how.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Parts of Hungary might be okay too...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Nyet comrade.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Beautiful women in some of those countries and fresh food is legit as long as you like going to the market every couple of days.

LOL. No way. I've visited a lot of those countries and have friends there, my quality of life is so significantly better in the USA in just about every circumstance I can think of. I feel as though you've never taken a look at basic things like having no clothing dryers, shitty living space, loans and credit, across the board corruption, tiny markets and merchandise, tiny vehicles, sub par medical standards and a shit ton of other things that would impact your quality of life.

If I was wealthy it would be a different story.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lol. No.
View Quote

This.

Hey, OP, leave.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#36]
That's what happens when you suppress both dissident voices, and the media, whose fault it is entirely for spreading woke cancel culture cheerleading.   Miniscule problems become the new normal in government, corporate, and education, and oppression becomes all too easy for zealots.

Not sure I want to live in a world that ignores our God-given rights, as opposed to at least having the opportunity of fighting for them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#37]
lol
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I was born native to the U.S. and I will die here too someday.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I think its pretty nice here
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Better move now before the place gets crowded then.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I am always puzzled by the attitude displayed towards anyone who even considers living some place besides the US.

I have travelled lots of places around the globe and there are numerous places I could see myself living.  If I wasn't married I would already be gone.

I don't dislike the United States as a place but it isn't the end all be all, greatest place on earth IMO.  

I love rural Italy, small mountain villages in Germany, any small fishing village along the North Sea Coast of the Netherlands, I like the hustle and bustle of Singapore and Hong Kong and the tranquility of most small Greek villages.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am always puzzled by the attitude displayed towards anyone who even considers living some place besides the US.

I have travelled lots of places around the globe and there are numerous places I could see myself living.  If I wasn't married I would already be gone.

I don't dislike the United States as a place but it isn't the end all be all, greatest place on earth IMO.  

I love rural Italy, small mountain villages in Germany, any small fishing village along the North Sea Coast of the Netherlands, I like the hustle and bustle of Singapore and Hong Kong and the tranquility of most small Greek villages.
View Quote
Guns

There is zero place I can live and have my guns and access to a place to shoot them like I do.

If I didnt like guns, I probably would be living in the Alps region of France or Switzerland
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Guns

There is zero place I can live and have my guns and access to a place to shoot them like I do.

If I didnt like guns, I probably would be living in the Alps region of France or Switzerland
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guns

Czech Republic is probably the closest, but you'd have to restart your collection, pass a test, get Doc write off and learn the language. Once you do that you can own and CCW. One step up and you can buy full auto, but I'm not sure how hard that permit is to get.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#44]
There's a couple 2nd world places I might consider.  Very few 3rd world.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#45]
I knew a couple chicks from Macedonia. They were looking for a couple Americans to marry so they could stay here
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Man, I don’t know.  I think you’d probably want to vacation in your desired location for a couple weeks or longer to really get a feel for it.

I’ve never been to Russia, but I have been to a few formerly communist countries for a couple weeks at a time - Serbia x3, Bosnia (really just driving through) and Montenegro.

The vacations were awesome, don’t get me wrong. I look back on them with very fond memories.  However, I also know some of the things I overlooked as small annoyances (since I only had to deal with them for a short time) were also the reasons I was always happy to get back home.

ETA: When I say vacation, I don’t mean staying at some high-end chain hotel with U.S. food available for room service at any time.  Go stay in a local hotel outside of the major city during summer, in a room with what passes for “air conditioning” over there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#47]
LOL wow
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#48]
As long as you don't live in a metro area things are still pretty normal and awesome in the USA, for now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have a coworker from Uzbekistan, he just got back from three months visiting his family and he can call the OP delusional in at least three languages.
View Quote

Where's he from? Or, at least, where does his family live?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Christian Caucasus countries would be preferable to Islamic ones.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top