Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 4:20:06 PM EDT
...it's been tough but I am genuinely happier.  I am dating a girl and we hit it off so well it's scary.  Wife is dating someone also, weird how we get along now that we are apart.  It all hurts but I think its gonna be okay.  

This girl I'm seeing is amazing.  She is a bit hesitant and fears I will turn back to my wife and leave her hanging in the wind.  I have no intentions of that at all.  We have been dating since my split, she is waiting for me to file for divorce.  She says she cannot give more of herself until certain things(divorce) come to pass.  Looks like a whole new world out there.  Waiting to start an electrician lineman apprenticeship ,went to a highpower match with the base(USN) rifle team last week, working full-time, money is tight but a fellow AO is getting me a membership here and I haven't felt so independant and happy in years.

I just hope I have the right mindset not to let this girl get away.  it's a scary thing to feel this way about someone after so long, she's divorced and a bit bitter but is totally into seeing what can happen as long as I am straight up with her.  I let one like her get away when I was in my early 20's.  This one is the same type, smart, strong willed, beautiful, independant, and looking for me to be a complement to her and she to I.  It's a bit spooky with us right now as I am more open with my feelings and she is more reserved but her feelings shine through more than she likes, and we both bathe in that.  Life is getting better.

I wonder where I will be in a year.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wonder where I will be in a year.

On the board posting pics of this great girl your seeing hopefully.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
been separated about 3 months now.  divorce will go through in july.  haven't started dating at all yet.

good to hear things are working out for ya.

ETA:  she's got a point - what are you waiting for to file for divorce?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<snip>
She says she cannot give more of herself until certain things(her name in the will, and half of all assets) come to pass.  
<snip>

Yeah....
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I can tell you this, she a Democrat but wants to learn how to shoot, thinks guns are cool.  I have been informing her of her misguided views on liberal weapons laws and she is responding.  Honestly  the debate is a huge stimulant for us, we are opposite on almost every issure but we seem to fit like peas and carrots.  But she's 5'6"-7", 120# or so, great hips, lots of curves, full, pouty lips, and a a perfect face, nice rack too.  

That's all no pics to post, sorry.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife had the same reservations about me going back to my ex. Took her a while to really get beyond it. Now we're married and extremely happy.

I'll tell you this: if your new girl is willing to learn to shoot I would bet in time you'll have her converted from being a democrat!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Valk, glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Hang in there!

Danny
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top