Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what the vermin want you to think, that they don't care. But inside, even in their weaselly little Clevandite hearts, they know that that they care, they care because we're all right! The menace of Cleveland must be purged in fire, until all of it's blasphemy, heresy and rottenness has been eradicated, never to besmirch humanity, ever again.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Not-to-make-fun-of-Texas-but-/5-2427291/

i rest my case your honor

We may freeze in the winter, but we don't have flammable water.

I know you think that is old and played out. But I disagree. Burning water is one of those things that you can't live down. Ever.

EVER.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I miss Slyman’s deli and the Polish boy from Hot Sauce Williams.
View Quote

I went to Slyman’s deli a couple of years ago.
I was unimpressed by their corned beef sandwich.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know you think that is old and played out. But I disagree. Burning water is one of those things that you can't live down. Ever.

EVER.
View Quote

Burning River is delicious though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

EVER.
View Quote

I like that you say "we" with regards to Texas yet Detroit is such a part of your identity it's included in your screen name.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a few years ago and visited that big freighter parked nearby. No reason for this Texan to ever go back. Fucking bums everywhere and the old brick buildings were dilapidated and infested with crackheads. Tear that shit down already.
View Quote
Those crackhead bums can live on the streets in 20 degrees.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Cleveland's a great place and I don't care if you disagree.

It's not the best place, but it is great. Wonderful place to grow up.

Speaking of growing up in Cleveland and Big Chuck & Little John, I loved them as a kid and was so excited when my Cub Scout troop was invited for a taping. I was excited because I thought we'd get to actually watch the movie with them!

I was dead wrong. We were just filler during the taping and so our troop leader could answer the trivia prize question only an adult could answer. Really bummed me out and taught me a good lesson about TV. But we did meet Dick Goddard (RIP).
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I miss Slyman’s deli and the Polish boy from Hot Sauce Williams.
View Quote

Slymans is still awesome. In fact I was just bragging about their corned beef hash on here the other day.

Hot Sauce Williams however, is closed for good....
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@MARINE_ONE
Mmmmmm......It's a submarine
It's the USS Cod.
https://i.postimg.cc/v8N1Vjhp/B74-C2-FBE-852-B-478-B-A2-A6-F1-B6803-D443-A.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a few years ago and visited that big freighter parked nearby. No reason for this Texan to ever go back. Fucking bums everywhere and the old brick buildings were dilapidated and infested with crackheads. Tear that shit down already.

@MARINE_ONE
Mmmmmm......It's a submarine
It's the USS Cod.
https://i.postimg.cc/v8N1Vjhp/B74-C2-FBE-852-B-478-B-A2-A6-F1-B6803-D443-A.jpg
He was talking about the William Mather.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
The 6 months I lived in Cleveland was the longest decade of my life.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Cleveland is definitely slowly gentrifying aside from some very dangerous areas but it's coming along. I actually liked the old Cleveland better when we're rightfully the but of all those jokes.

90s flats > late 2010s resurrected flats

I don't blame the guy for not wanting to drive through Cleveland if he can't handle Gary.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cleveland is definitely slowly gentrifying aside from some very dangerous areas but it's coming along. I actually liked the old Cleveland better when we're rightfully the but of all those jokes.

I don't blame the guy for not wanting to drive through Cleveland if he can't handle Gary.
View Quote

[Trump]

I wouldn't use the word "pussy" while others have, many have, but I wouldn't use that word

[/Trump]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
If you got money the lake and a boat can provide some good times.

Fresh water might make Cleveland a premium place to be in a few decades.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Slymans is still awesome. In fact I was just bragging about their corned beef hash on here the other day.

Hot Sauce Williams however, is closed for good....
View Quote

As I wrote above I was unimpressed by their corned beef sandwich a couple of years ago.

The other thing I found odd was that It seemed more like a tavern than a restaurant.
There were 5-6 what appeared to be regulars at the bar drinking and nobody else was eating but us.
It was like 5:30-6:00pm on a Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:36:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The mistake by the lake.
View Quote
Chicago?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I like that you say "we" with regards to Texas yet Detroit is such a part of your identity it's included in your screen name.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EVER.

Yes, it's true. I am so awesome that I am from the two most awesome places ever; Detroit and Texas.

How does the absolve you of being a Clevelandite?

Stop trying to change the topic. This is about you, and why your entire city is a stain on humanity.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The 6 months I lived in Cleveland was the longest decade of my life.
View Quote

I go around PA when traveling east
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, it's true. I am so awesome that I am from the two most awesome places ever; Detroit and Texas.

Stop trying to change the topic. This is about you, and why your entire city is a stain on humanity.
View Quote

we're both transplants. Difference is I'm not "SoCal Spent" nor do I defend where I left. Chill on the "we"
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reminder that the 90's flats were resurrected from the mean flats of the 70's-80's.

I do miss the 90's Flats though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Reminder that the 90's flats were resurrected from the mean flats of the 70's-80's.

View Quote

Wow I was only old enough to walk around the flats in the 90s to young to drink and I seen some stuff then and heard stories. I'll have to look into the 70s-80s flats.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Speaking of growing up in Cleveland and Big Chuck & Little John, I loved them as a kid and was so excited when my Cub Scout troop was invited for a taping. I was excited because I thought we'd get to actually watch the movie with them!

I was dead wrong. We were just filler during the taping and so our troop leader could answer the trivia prize question only an adult could answer. Really bummed me out and taught me a good lesson about TV. But we did meet Dick Goddard (RIP).
View Quote

Very cool, my dad watched Big Chuck and Little John, he is from Sandusky. I got to sit in the audience for two episodes of Omar Y Amigos. I think one guest was David Justice and the other guest was Travis Fryman's knee brace
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very cool, my dad watched Big Chuck and Little John, he is from Sandusky. I got to sit in the audience for two episodes of Omar Y Amigos. I think one guest was David Justice and the other guest was Travis Fryman's knee brace
View Quote

I sat in the audience of big chuck and little John taping when I was a kid. I remember being upset they don't actually watch the movie like it's shown on TV.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone remember Uncle Vic?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I was stationed in Cleveland for 4 years in the mid 80's.  Lived on the west end.  I kinda liked it back then.

I have no idea what it is like now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Oops.  double posted.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I went to Slyman’s deli a couple of years ago.
I was unimpressed by their corned beef sandwich.
View Quote

It is the same pre-packaged meat as every other deli in the Midwest.  They were just one of the first to pile it on two inches thick, so everyone downtown thought it was magic.  Goodman's was the real deal, but the guy who ran it retired years ago, and took his method with him.  He cut the brisket by hand, and the marbling was tremendous. No paper-thin, lean bullshit.  They weren't downtown or east, so they didn't get the exposure.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd rather walk the streets of Gary, IN than drive through Cleveland. What a shit hole.
View Quote

Says the guy from Michigan.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Big Chuck and Little John..... Those names I haven't  heard in years.

I grew up in Bedford. Left in 82. Came back for a few months in 90...and left again ASAP.

Some family is still there. But 90s Flats was a great time.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned WMMS the Buzzard yet.
View Quote

I grew up in Bedford too a little after your time (lived in Walton Hills) but went to school and spent a lot of time there. Last time I was back a few years ago it had gotten real bad. Looks more like an extension of Maple or Warrensville Heights these days. Really brought me down to see it like that, it was a fun place in the 90's.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

EVER.
View Quote

Live down? We're downright proud of our burning river.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Detroit is the second most awesome place ever? Are you on crack?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:36:04 AM EDT
[#31]
My wife helped blow balloons up for ballonfest.

Her whole 4th grade class went.

she also parties at the flats in the 90's.

I'll ask what bank when She gets home.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wow I was only old enough to walk around the flats in the 90s to young to drink and I seen some stuff then and heard stories. I'll have to look into the 70s-80s flats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I only know about the 70's 80's flats from my parents and from growing up in Cleveland, not old enough to have experienced. The Flats' 90's rebound with the Gateway project and building of Jacob's Field and Gund Arena.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:54:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Before Lil John, it was Big Chuck and Hoolihan. They came to a Father/Son dinner that the school put on.
Later in life, I went to school with Lil John's son.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I actually live in the city, it ain't as bad as people say. Well, East Cleveland is pretty bad. Surprised nobody has mentioned the lousy weather. Lots of lake effect and dark days. Summer is where it's at, out on the lake and the islands. Walleye fishing is spectacular. We have really great restaurants, mucho good ethnic food and lots of family owned places. I have friends who visit from NYC and they love to eat out here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Oh I only know about the 70's 80's flats from my parents and from growing up in Cleveland, not old enough to have experienced. The Flats' 90's rebound with the Gateway project and building of Jacob's Field and Gund Arena.
View Quote
Hung around the flats in the early 80s, saw a lot of punk bands, was really gritty and industrial back then. It was cool because nobody was around and you could do whatever. Lots of wild street racing and general mayhem.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
long time since I've seen them.  I was a teen in the 80s. Grew up near Sandusky.
View Quote

I’m from Milan

Super host!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Marty died recently. Got his autograph a few months before his death
RIP Supe!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I go around PA when traveling east
View Quote

I agree, I'd avoid PA as well. Too expensive (tolls and gas tax), plus being generally unpleasant to drive through until you get up around the eastern mountains.

Still better than living in Cleveland.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hung around the flats in the early 80s, saw a lot of punk bands, was really gritty and industrial back then. It was cool because nobody was around and you could do whatever. Lots of wild street racing and general mayhem.
View Quote

Flats was very similar in the mid 90's into the 2000's. Lots of great punk shows - my band played Peabody's/the Cove a few times. We even opened for Anti-Nowhere League sometime towards the decline of the area. There were a few really cool clubs and restaurants down there back in the day - Dicks and Hooters come to mind.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same here, went for the taping with the Cub Scouts and felt ripped off!

I think they showed us in the audience during their show, but I don't remember it and those recordings are lost to history.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

we're both transplants. Difference is I'm not "SoCal Spent" nor do I defend where I left. Chill on the "we"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was down here in the freezing cold too. Just because of The Universe shines down an everlasting light of love and power on me for having a pure heart of unwavering loyalty and devotion, doesn't mean that I am immune to the cold weather.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'd rather walk the streets of Gary, IN than drive through Cleveland. What a shit hole.
View Quote

Oh c'mon, man... Parts of cleveland are very nice. Of course, those parts are gated and you have to be a resident to get in, but still...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
long time since I've seen them.  I was a teen in the 80s. Grew up near Sandusky.
View Quote

They're still on TV.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:34:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Lived in Cleveland for a few years in the 80s, then Canton in the 90s.  I live in Alaska now partly because it's about as far from Ohio as you can get without leaving the country.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:35:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Ah. Born and raised Clevelander here.

In the burbs now but too close to Cleveland
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I lived in CLE for about 5 years.  Was not terrible.  Just don't keep anything nice in your (like change in the cupholder) or lock your car doors and then they usually won't break your windows to get in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Anybody remember Ghoulardi?  We're talking pre-Big Chuck here.

There's a member here who uses his pic for an avatar.

I was 12 when we got our first tv in 1962-my father built it from a kit.

Anyway, IIRC Ghoulardi's very first movie was "House On Haunted Hill".
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I thought this was going to be about the ford V8.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lived in Cleveland for a few years in the 80s, then Canton in the 90s.  I live in Alaska now partly because it's about as far from Ohio as you can get without leaving the country.
View Quote

Teleportation. Sweet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Cleveland certainly isn't a top ten place but it beat  the hell out of that shithole Detroit any day of the week.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top