Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 12:33:08 PM EDT
I just got off the phone with the brady campaign well here it goes

ME:I just wanted to know what this whole AWB thing was.
Operator:Back in 1994  the feds banned all assult weapons and made them illegal.

ME:I was reading on your web site that UZI's and AK's will flood the streets again?

Operator:Yes if the ban doesnt renew everybody will be able to buy illegal rapid fire assult weapons.

ME:My buddy told me that you can still buy UZI's and AK's and AR15's brand new they just dont have bayonett lugs on them.

Operator: Well your friend is purchasing illegal assult weapons (meanwhile I am cracking up)

ME:But I thought they just made them pre bans and stuff and that you can still buy them but the dont have the bayonett lugs and stock thingies.

Operator:No they were all banned, so what your telling me is that these gun shops are selling illegal assult weapons.

ME:(trying to hold my laughter in)Well shouldnt honest law obiding citizens have the right to own these weapons to protect themselfs and for their hobbies.

Operator:No what kind of person needs to own these weapons Frankly I think these people are "scary"

ME:But doesnt the 2nd amendment allow us ordinary citizens to have the right to defend ourselfs.

Operator:No it depends who interpets it do you know what a gun does to someone it makes them crazy especially people with low self esteem if one of these people gets a hold of a gun they will turn carzy with a power trip and now do you think people should own rapid fire assult weapons.

ME:No they sound pretty bad I dont think any ordinary subject of the government should own guns who do these gun owners think they are AMERICANS!!!

She continued to babble on and then I hung up

These are the kind of idiots that are trying to change our gun laws, they need to get their dam facts straight before they try to protest,

Those stupid mother fu**ers
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That's funny in a slow-down-when-you-drive-by-the-train-wreck kind of way.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You stumbled onto the secret.  If they get their facts straight, they will find no basis from which to protest.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
HOLY SHIT!!

...gotta admit, "Stock thingies" was kinda funny.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
my god the vast majority of the populace truly is composed of apeshit bug brained drooling imbeciles
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
do you know what a gun does to someone it makes them crazy especially people with low self esteem if one of these people gets a hold of a gun they will turn carzy with a power trip and now do you think people should own rapid fire assult weapons.

Sometimes my guns tell me to do things I don't want to do...

Wait, hold on for a second...

Sorry guys, my M4 just interrupted and told me to have burritos for dinner tonight.  I'm trying to resist, but he has some really good arguments.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
do you know what a gun does to someone it makes them crazy especially people with low self esteem if one of these people gets a hold of a gun they will turn carzy with a power trip and now do you think people should own rapid fire assult weapons.

Sometimes my guns tell me to do things I don't want to do...

Wait, hold on for a second...

Sorry guys, my M4 just interrupted and told me to have burritos for dinner tonight.  I'm trying to resist, but he has some really good arguments.

Mine told me to buy more magazines.  Being the slave to the gun that I am, I complied.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
sssshhh..

My M4 just told me that I'd better go mow the lawn.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
my god the vast majority of the populace truly is composed of apeshit bug brained drooling imbeciles

That's actually true, and covers both the left and right.  

A leftie will tell you that the 1st Ammendment is strictly interpreted and not open to alternate 'views' (and I agree), while telling you that the 2nd is obsolete and rationalises it into referring to state national guards.

A conservative will tell you that the 2nd is strictly intrerpreted at an individual level (and I agree) and will tout individual freedom and responsibility, but will then tell you about the righteous nature of the 'drug war'.

A neo con will sacrifice the conservatives position on the 2nd, to not be hypocritical about justifying poor interpretations of the rest.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh man, I have to call these people because:

1) I need a good laugh

and

2) Someone really needs to screw with them "in a nice" way by throwing their crap right back in their faces.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Operator: No it depends who interpets it do you know what a gun does to someone it makes them crazy especially people with low self esteem if one of these people gets a hold of a gun they will turn carzy with a power trip and now do you think people should own rapid fire assult weapons.

I'm absolutely drunk with power
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Can anyone tell me where to get the "gun mind control" repellant that the police and military use so that I don't turn crazy with a power trip next time I touch a firearm.

I never realized that unprotected touching of a firearm could cause such a disease before. Maybe I should go get tested? I might already have my mind controlled by my gun and I just don't know it yet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]

it makes them crazy especially people with low self esteem if one of these people gets a hold of a gun they will turn carzy with a power trip and now do you think people should own rapid fire assult weapons.

I thought they made THEM moderators?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

it makes them crazy especially people with low self esteem if one of these people gets a hold of a gun they will turn carzy with a power trip and now do you think people should own rapid fire assult weapons.

I thought they made THEM moderators?

They do
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Somebody should call Brady, tape the conversation, and make an MP3 for us all to enjoy.

FIRE MISSION!!!!!!!! WHo's gonna do it.

It'd be a hoot.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I need a phone number for these people. A few years back they had a 1-800 number that you could call. Every gun shop and gun guy I knew called as often as possible during the day. They had to pay for all the incoming calls. The line was dead in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#17]
(202)898-0792 thats the number I called.

www.bradycampaign.org
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hey! That's what I've been saying all along.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, my AR15 just told me to mow the lawn but my AK told me it is not my problem but rather the state will provide....
Of course the old MAS36 is tellling me to just wait till the germans march in again and then let them put everything in order once more.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Why do you think TV, music and movies are so bad nowadays? The media might not have created the stupidity of the populace by themselves, but they sure do exploit it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#24]
We should all bombard them with phone calls telling them how stupid they are.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Possible Bright Idea/Possible Stupid ass idea

Wouldn't it be a good idea to call BradyCampaign and get them all stirred up about illegal weapons being sold in your area at brand X gunshop? Get them in a frenzy and try and  have them report it to the authorities.

Then after about the 15th time the authorities investigate and find everything fine the BradyBunch starts to lose face and authorities get pissy with them.

About that time someone leaks story to Foxnews and Fox hopefully covers brady for how they are wasting LEO's time and drawing away from fighting real crime

? Any takers or is this just TFStupid?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to call BradyCampaign and get them all stirred up about illegal weapons being sold in your area at brand X gunshop? Get them in a frenzy and try and  have them report it to the authorities.

Then after about the 15th time the authorities investigate and find everything fine the BradyBunch starts to lose face and authorities get pissy with them.

About that time someone leaks story to Foxnews and Fox hopefully covers brady for how they are wasting LEO's time and drawing away from fighting real crime

You'd be really popular with Saturday afternoon crowd at the local gunstore, wouldn't you? Especially after the BATFE found an 18 month old bound book error committed by a temp and jacked the owner up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
sssshhh..

You could do that with your rapid fire assault rifle.  Just hold your M4 at about 3" off of the ground, fire on full auto, and work around the lawn until the grass is cut.  Have lots of ammo on hand.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sssshhh..

You could do that with your rapid fire assault rifle.  Just hold your M4 at about 3" off of the ground, fire on full auto, and work around the lawn until the grass is cut.  Have lots of ammo on hand.  

I've found that mowing in that manner is a poor way of doing it. It "tears" the grass instead of cutting it and makes for an unattractive lawn. And iit kills the grass near the muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok what is the Brady campain number? I gotta slam theses Jackasses.
    FREE
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#30]
You need to be sure to tell the BC something like, "Everyone knows that these evil bullet hoses can be bought just about everywhere", or, "My friends boyfriend says everyone knows where to buy assault weapons", ad naseum.

Sign off with "Molon Labe, friend"; the morons will probably think it is some sort of ethnic pleasantry.

Their ignorance is astonishing, second only to their naiivete.  

I hope Sarah Brady understands that we don't have anything to fear - we've got the guns.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey one of us has to make a prank call and record it, could be damn funny.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#32]
[newkimber]Pick me uuuuup! Pick me uuuuup! Pick me uuuuuup![/newkimber]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
ME:I was reading on your web site that UZI's and AK's will flood the streets again?
Operator:Yes if the ban renews everybody will be able to buy illegal rapid fire assult weapons.

Hmmm... So she is saying that if the ban is renewed, then everyobody "will be able to" buy "illegal" rapid fire assult weapons? logic flaw?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#34]
I think that by "rapid fire" they mean "you can pull the trigger really fast"

I guess the new triggers somehow regulate that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Since the finger pulls the trigger I hear that they're going to "register" trigger fingers by putting a sn# on em' with a tattoo gun. Everyone get in line and show em' your finger.LOLNO, not the middle one, even though that's what I was thinking too.LOL, you bunch of nuts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I just got off the phone with the brady campaign well here it goes

ME:I just wanted to know what this whole AWB thing was.
Operator:Back in 1994  the feds banned all assult weapons and made them illegal.

Operator:Yes if the ban renews everybody will be able to buy illegal rapid fire assult weapons.

ME:My buddy told me that you can still buy UZI's and AK's and AR15's brand new they just dont have bayonett lugs on them.

Operator: Well your friend is purchasing illegal assult weapons (meanwhile I am cracking up)

ME:But I thought they just made them pre bans and stuff and that you can still buy them but the dont have the bayonett lugs and stock thingies.

Operator:No they were all banned so what your telling me is that these gun shops are selling illegal assult weapons.

ME:(trying to hold my laughter in)Well shouldnt honest law obinding citizens have the right to own these weapons to protect themselfs and for their hobbies.

Operator:No what kind of person needs to own these weapons Frankly I think these people are "scary"

ME:But doesnt the 2nd amendment allow us ordinary citizens to have the right to defend our selfs.

Operator:No it depends who interpets it do you know what a gun does to someone it makes them crazy especially people with low self esteem if one of these people gets a hold of a gun they will turn carzy with a power trip and now do you think people should own rapid fire assult weapons.

ME:No they sound pretty bad I dont think any ordinary subject of the government should own guns who do these gun owners think they are AMERICANS!!!

She continued to babble on and then I hung up

These are the kind of idiots that are trying to change our gun laws, they need to get their dam facts straight before they try to protest,

Those stupid mother fu**ers

HAHHAHA those idiots
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#37]
edit: i realized i may be a jackass. sorry.

Thanks for the great laugh at the expense of the Brady campaign!

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

use a payphone in case they trace it back
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

use a payphone in case they trace it back

Who cares if they trace it back.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah... they definitely employ sheeple, but my guts is telling me...

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Yeah... they definitely employ sheeple, but my guts is telling me...

?, are you saying you dont believe me?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#42]
OK, that's a possible issue, I never said there might not be issues....
We could tell them to check out ROSS COINS in Idaho Falls, those goat pokers could use a couple inspections......

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd be really popular with Saturday afternoon crowd at the local gunstore, wouldn't you? Especially after the BATFE found an 18 month old bound book error committed by a temp and jacked the owner up.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#43]
I talked to a Rob Wilcox once at the BC.

This guy made an argument that supporting the current ban was okay because it would continue the ban on over 10 round magazines at least.

He did acknowledge post ban guns would still be legal.

He did say they wanted a stronger ban but knew the political realities.

Not everyone there is dumb.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah but even if they do know they are still idiots.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Instead of wasting your time with the Brady idiots which will accomplish nothing you should become an NRA rifle instructor.  Volunteer your time teaching kids safe gun handling and shooting skills.  A good place to get involved is with the Boy Scouts or a local 4H group.  The Boy Scouts start with BB guns at age 10 and 22's at age 12.  

This is the next generation of pro RKBA that will help preserve our rights and what brings terror in the hearts and minds of the anti-gunners:

www.ocshooters.com/Gen/kidshooting/kid-shooting.html
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
sssshhh..

My A2 told me to tell my brother to mow  the lawn and take it to the range...... on Mother's Day no less.
My Bushmaster Shorty also wants mme to buy a  V-Max.. Damn things are never  happy !!!!!!
"Buy us more mags! more ammo!  take us  to the range !...... are we there yet ?

CKMorley
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Someone should publicly expose these people for the lying frauds that they are. Would it really take any more than recording a couple of the calls like this, (I'd imagine the dialogue for most of their calls go something like this, only with people who are stupid enough to actually believe them) and some air time. That's what I hate about the media is the fact that even that on the off chance that they invite a pro-gun group to dispute people like MMM or the Brady Campaign it's usually such a rude, unorganized, scream fest to interupt or keep the other person from sharing their rebutal or their side of the story. There's got to be a way to get the truth out. I know we have the internet but alot of people take what they see on the web with a grain of salt. We just need to publicly slap these idiots in the face the solid proof in front of all their mindless and uneducated followers. Maybe it would shut them up at least long enough to get rid of the ban.      END OF RANT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top