Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2001 10:23:28 AM EDT
New episodes lately.  Like it or leave it?
Are they doing some shows in the States now? Any ideas for new episodes?
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I love it.  I would love to have the chance to round up a couple of my maintenence guys and give it a shot.  It would be great.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I do not like the show anymore. When it was all british it was more interesting and funny. The americans are damn boring and more than once I have seen a goatee head on the teams.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked the British host better.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've only stopped by the show for a few minutes, but it looks pretty dumb.  Overly played drama.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I liked the British host better.
View Quote

agreed!
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems to me that form time to time, the junkyard is "seeded" with just the parts they need, I noticed this on more than one occasion,kinda takes the fun out of it, anybody else notice this???
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I watch it now and again but what I want to know is why don't they cut the 4 weeler up? they always need something that the 4 weeler has on it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Very original, and I liked it alot at first.  It's going downhill fast now though still better than most crap on TV.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked the British version better as well.  I also wish they would not "seed" the yard so much.  No real junkyard has that much good stuff in it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I also enjoy the Brit show as well.  I do find it funny that when the need an engine to run something, they always find one that works.  Also, on one of the episodes, there was a VW bug that looked like it was still in great shape.  Those goofy Brits have a better sense of humor when it comes to building something.
[;D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
They went back to the british version the USA ones that they show now are reruns.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Taking parts from the ATVs is strictly against the rules.

For those who prefer the original British version of the show (Scrapheap Challenge), here is Robert Llewellyn's official web site.  He addresses why he was not on the first season of the American version of the show.  The next season is currently being filmed in America with Llewellyn and Rodgers as co-hosts.

[url]http://www.llew.co.uk/home/[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top