Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]

well i just talked to the guy today they got most everyone hired as of now from stealing away some guys from CSA.  although I can hook ya up with KBR www.kbrjobs.com  they are looking to hire bout 6-7 thousand people.  most jobs start at bout 75-80k on up.  How it works is you put in your resume for whatever job you want and wait a day and call one of the recruiters in Houston.  After they review your qualifications for the job they will call you with a plane confirmation number for your flight.  A bus meets you and about 1000 others who arrive each week and put you up in somthing like a Clarion or Hilton or Wyndham  Suites.  You go through a week of orientation and then wait for your passport to arrive if you dont have one and wait for your background check and airline flight.  They not only have jobs in Iraq but also in Kuwait, Djibouti, Uzbekistan, afganistan and one starting soon in Hati, Panama, and Australia.  You typicaly will be there for 3 weeks depending on if you pass your background check and psyc test.  then if you are off to Iraq or Kuwait you hop a flight either Air France or KLM to usualy first Dubai United Arab Emerates and then to Kuwait or sometimes to Oman.  If you goto Kuwait first even if your ultimate destination is Iraq  you typicaly will be putt up in one of the Resorts that they have rented here while you get the rest of your vaccinations, payroll and more orientation classes depending on what job you will be doing.  

The three weeks typicaly spent in orientation is not paid.  If you are hired your pay starts the day you leave on the plane to go overseas.  

While in Houston they will provide all your transportation lodging and food.  After you arrive overseas most everythiong is taken care of for you except your job.  THings like meals, laundry, healthcare etc will be provided at no cost.  They have an excellent healthcare plan that is I think about 200 a month for your family and you can use whatever doctor wherever you want and they will pay 80%.  This includes if you are in Mexico, or any other country in the world.  

If you goto Iraq and your job dosent require you to leave the camp you will not leave the camp.  You get r&r every 4 months to anywhere you choose and they pay 800 of the airfare and five you 10 days pay at 80 hours a week.

You typicaly work 7 days a week at least 80 hours a week.  they big money comes with the extra hours of overtime.  

They are looking for everything from carpenters to truckdrivers to exterminators (vector control) just let your fingers do the walking.

message me privatly and ill give you the recruiters phone number if you are interested.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, he knows what the hell he's talking about..
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I took a look at that site, considering send in for some stuff
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah, he knows what the hell he's talking about..

As a matter of fact he does know what he's talking about, thats my board he's on and he is in Iraq right now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Pass, I make that much without having anybody shoot at me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

x2
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If i go I'd be making ten times what i make here for the same skills.
Hmmm, 1.5 million for the same work, hmmmmmmmm?
I wonder if I can be armed?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Any overtime pay or is it just a $1000.00 (U.S.) a day?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Any overtime pay or is it just a $1000.00 (U.S.) a day?

You typicaly work 7 days a week at least 80 hours a week. they big money comes with the extra hours of overtime.

I'm guessing that all the hours over 40 are OT , the base is about 80 G's and the big money is in the OT.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:47:04 AM EDT
[#10]
can you carry?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#11]
No.  If you want to shoot folks, you have to be on a DoS security contract.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Where do I sign?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

i don't want to shoot anyone, but i sure as hell don't want to be in iraq with only a knife, ya know?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't want to shoot anyone, but i sure as hell don't want to be in iraq with only a knife, ya know?

well you prolly ought to stay home, then...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep he should.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
www.blackwatersecurity.com/resumescrub.html

Well I fit the requirments there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep he should.

yeah, i will. my peace of mind is worth a lot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#19]
The pay certianly sounds good. It would quickly clear up alot of my problems. I don't care what the "rules" say, I'll bet these guys are heavily armed. I would be! If I could talk my current employer into giving me six moths to a year off, I would seriously consider it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#20]
im sent
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Too old, too fat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top