Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 12:11:21 AM EDT
Okay, here's the scenario:  I have enough money right now to buy an Aimpont M2 with a mount (i.e., LaRue, GGG, ARMS) or have my BHP MKIII customized (i.e., trigger job, stippling, Heine sights, etc, for about $600).  What would you do?  Damnit, I wish I could do BOTH!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in a similar situation - either the aimpoint or the BHP job. I'm taking the BHP job, because I'd be shooting the BHP far more often. My AR can run as-is without optics, but the BHP needs the trigger, Novak sights, and carry treatment to run properly
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]
fuel on the fire:

buy a glock?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#3]
If you carry your Browning everyday, making the gun thats going to be on you more efficient is not a bad thing.

Not to mention, the way the AR15 accessory market is evolving, by the time you have the money for an Aimpoint, something even cooler could be out, or maybe they wont be as scarce and expensive.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Its not a question of what I would do, but what Jesus would do....

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the way I see it.  How much fun do you currently have with the AR15 or the BHP?  Which one will you use more as the result of the upgrades?

By this I mean if you already use the AR15 alot of the iron sights but rarely use the  BHP because the triiger sucks, then you should go with option #2.  But if you can't hit shit with the AR15 because you're eyes or skills suck then get the Aimpoint.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm so disappointed someone hasn't said this already.

Get both.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But if you can't hit shit with the AR15 because you're eyes or skills suck then get the Aimpoint.

Sgtar15

An optical site will not improve your ability to hit shit. (But they do help with those who have failing eye site)
If you suck, You suck.
The only solution is to practice.
I'd go with the P35 upgrade and get one of those "famous maker" red dots out of shot-gun news
untill you save up again for A aimpoint...That is if you absolutly have to have A dot site at all.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

An optical site will not improve your ability to hit shit. (But they do help with those who have failing eye site).

Well, if you can't see it, you can't hit it now can you????
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well, if you can't see it, you can't hit it now can you????

A optical site may help you aquire A target but it's not going to aim and squeeze the trigger for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#10]
well as far as practice goes, $600 would buy you a nice pile of 5.56 and 9mm to go have some quality time at the range with.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Aimpoint
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
well as far as practice goes, $600 would buy you a nice pile of 5.56 and 9mm to go have some quality time at the range with.

I agree. Optics are overrated. Buy the ammo and use the irons that came with the gun. They work better than you think.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Forget the optics, buy another gun!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I agree, in Iraq, I took the aimpoint off of my M-4/M-203.  cuts my field of view too much when I'm shooting and while I'm accurate with both, I'm more comfortable with the irons, even though I used both extensively in training.  hell I would sometimes qualify on the large aperture just fine scoring 36-38 routinely on popup ranges(when you couldnt see through the targets)  so I would say, doll up the BHP, or just buy a pile of ammo and have fun!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Go with the aimpoint, unless the HP is your carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Sell the BHP use the money and the $600 to get a Baer TRS in a 45 ACP.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If you carry your Browning everyday, making the gun thats going to be on you more efficient is not a bad thing.

Not to mention, the way the AR15 accessory market is evolving, by the time you have the money for an Aimpoint, something even cooler could be out, or maybe they wont be as scarce and expensive.

Dude, you're absolutely right.  I do "use" my BHP more than the AR.  It would be "nice" to have the AIMPOINT, but what's the point of having this piece of high speed gear if I'm using my BHP more?  Not much, huh?  I guess I'm going with the BHP mods.  Thanks for the feed back, people.

By the way, I can hit the steel plates--proned out--at 300m consistently, so I guess I'm not that bad with the AR, huh?  Aimpoint will have to wait.  Damn, I need more money!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top