Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2004 3:23:02 PM EDT
to discuss gear, places to go, and other related things.

I am into hiking/backpacking/camping pretty hardcore right now.
Mostly day hiking but soon be doing much more 1-3 nighters.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I go on small day hikes.  I think it's a good idea.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
lots of folks in the survival forum backpack and talk about it.   plus we talk about backpacking with guns, and surviving (!) when something bad happens when you are backpacking.   check it out.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
We have that forum, its called the SURVIVAL FORUM, we talk about camping, preparedness, jus about anything without the BS.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]
i consider them 2 different things.. survival with nothing vs hiking the kitchen sink in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i consider them 2 different things.. survival with nothing vs hiking the kitchen sink in.

over at the survival forum, we have both types:  survival minimalists and those who survive in style!

good camping posts always generate a lot of discussion there.  you'll find everything from boating to hiking to 1st aid to movie recommendtions for SHTF movies.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
fine be that way.. all i wanted was to be a mod of a forum
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You are a masochist.  You slam your dick in a car door too?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Not exactly on topic, but some info can be found in the discussion forums here. www.geocaching.com/ Kind of fun too boot.

Might want to hit here too gorp.away.com/index.html

Or here. www.ambackforum.com/
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
the survival forum often has hiking/camping topics, plus threads about organizing campouts. best way to test your BOB/SHTF gear is to go camping with it
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
My Idea of Roughin it is going to a Hilton
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]
forums.backpacker.com/

This should be everything you wanted to know.

Fred
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a member over at www.thebackpacker.com/trailtalk forums but half the people there are from DUh it seems.  I dont bring anything up other than equipment, trips, and photography.  And set the filter to cut out all the "chatter" threads.

I'm sure its the same way at almost ALL backpacking/hiking only forums.  

Scrubj  I have posted at geocache before :D
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Actually my position is for sale. I was hoping to get $150,000 You get to moderate the survival forum, mod forum access and a key to the company car... a three cylinder Yugo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually my position is for sale. I was hoping to get $150,000 You get to moderate the survival forum, mod forum access and a key to the company car... a three cylinder Yugo.

That I hear you get to keep if you can make it run again, or was that make it run period.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Backpacking talk is more than welcome over in the SF.  Basically we're just a bunch of gear whores who like to play with fire, except Tequila Bob, who likes to play with dogs and peanut butter.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:39:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you are now offering 150k for someone to take over your babysitting duties away from you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top