Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2004 1:57:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought I heard it was supposed to be a enviro push to blame everything on global warming, and probaly Bush somehow.  Can anyone confirm?

It may end up being SHTS Shit Hits The Screen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
god damn hippies, they'll try to use anything to rally their cause.  It's a movie, wake up
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on going to it.

I know I'll enjoy the scenes of natural disasters destroying the country. I just hope the story is tolerable and the global warming bs doesn't get to deep.

They're playing a 10 minutes sample of it on one of the tv stations on wed. I think (seems to be a new trend. was dawn of the dead the first one to do this advertising trick?).

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought I heard it was supposed to be a enviro push to blame everything on global warming, and probaly Bush somehow.  Can anyone confirm?

It may end up being SHTS Shit Hits The Screen.

From the web site and trailers, they make it out to be a natural occurrence.  Not caused by man or "global warming".  They refer to the last ice age and how fast it took hold.

I find mass destruction movies fun to watch.

Edited to say that after delving deeper into the web site, they do make claims of global warming as well.  What I don't understand is how global warming will melt the ice caps, cause massive floods and then refreeze causing a new ice age.  How does all that supposed warmth just disappear?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking forward to going
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanna see it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I am going to see it also, because it is the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I plan on going to it.

I know I'll enjoy the scenes of natural disasters destroying the country. I just hope the story is tolerable and the global warming bs doesn't get to deep.

They're playing a 10 minutes sample of it on one of the tv stations on wed. I think (seems to be a new trend. was dawn of the dead the first one to do this advertising trick?).

Sorry, it's going to be knee deep in global warmin BS.  The producers were interviewed about something and they noted how much 'global warming' they were causing by filming this, and they were going to make up for it by planting some trees.

I'm sure it's going to be craptacular, judging from their track record. No logic, big ass plot holes, horrible dialog, contrived situations, and nothing more than a special effects free-for all.

Hell, even the trailer has the stereotypical dean devlin 'look up at the sky in amazement' shot that every one of his movies has.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Read "The Coming Global Superstorm" by Art Bell and Whitley Streiber.  That is the book that this film is loosely based on AND/OR got it's inspiration from.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
The movie is based on the book "The Coming Global Superstorm", co-written by Art Bell (late night paranormal talk show host) and Whitley Streiber (abducted by aliens who stuck things in his butt).

Whitley helped to write the script, and was on the set as a technical consultant.  Art had him on the show several times talking about the movie.

Not real sure if it is going to be any good or not.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Like Marlon Brando says, "everything in Hollywood is bullshit." Personally for me, I just take it as a fiction story and nothing more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top