Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 1:09:54 PM EDT
Just got back from DC. I took the Metro in from Virginia to the Capitol this morning at 10AM & I just got back. To sum it all up, I was very unimpressed! Only a couple thousand people showed up. But it was hard to tell since the DC Mall usually has like 200,00 people walking around on every weekend. Basically the crowd was about the size of what you would see on any Friday night at a High-school football game.

One thing I did notice is that there were A LOT of emotional soccer moms there. Not many men. Lots of minorities  that were outraged at everything. Many "alternative" lifestyle people. Your basic "I-am-entitled-to-protest-everything-I-disagree-with" crowd. The minority women were all ghetto; all had stories of how thier innocent little angels were gunned down. What I was totally blown away with is that they were from DC, NJ, NY & Deeetroit; places that already have complete bans. So basically they were standing up there proving thier position wrong. Basically saying that bans were needed, yet thier people were killed in places that already have bans; so they were proving that bans dont mean sqat in crime!

This was followed by a bunch a loser speaches that promissed an end to violence if we all ban guns etc. Lots and lots of emotion yet little substance, the kind that would be stopped in their tracks with statistics and real-world experience.

Media was there but you could tell that they had to "set-up" their shots so that it looked REALLY crowded. Your basic crop-shot, otherwise there would be large areas of green grass.

I saw jesse jackson, he walked by me with pictures of machine guns saying something like 1 in 4 kids will bring one to class...not too sure. But they were belt fed Russian SAWs. I had to laugh! It all so sad, so many people beggin for servitude and yearning to give up the rights thier parents died for...all for the false promise of safety.

Like I said, I was not impressed at all, considering that the Vegas Shot Show brought in 30 TIMES more people, but I guess the media doesnt like to report that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Basically the march consisted of a bunch of wierdos, kooks, and nuts.

They were supposed to have Chaka Kahn perform, but last I heard MMM didn't have the necessary funds to fly her out from current location where she's schedule to perform and fly her back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun grabber math:          2,000 = 1,000,000

.2% = 100%
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting for the million MILF march
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your report and I am glad it was a small turn-out!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Good report, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
www.nranews.com   is having complete coverage on this idiotic event.   Infact if you go to the site, you can watch the show from Friday.  They interview one of the moron, while their big pink bus almost gets a ticket HAHHAHA..... Ten Nugent is on the show,  and Sandra Froman.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I saw jesse jackson, he walked by me with pictures of machine guns saying something like 1 in 4 kids will bring one to class...

I'm hoping that you're just misquoting him. But, if he really said that...I went to high school with 200 other kids. So, 50 of my peers have brought a machine gun to school? They sure did a great job of hiding that from me...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.nranews.com   is having complete coverage on this idiotic event.   Infact if you go to the site, you can watch the show from Friday.  They interview one of the moron, while their big pink bus almost gets a ticket HAHHAHA..... Ten Nugent is on the show,  and Sandra Froman.

my god I wish I could pull over that bus.... I'd give everyone on it a ticket if I could
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME!

By the way, What are we protesting this week?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder how close those morons came to a million in all these years of protest?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Video please !  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
SherryDrinker: In the previous years when funding was more abundant, the protesters got free t-shirts, bus transportation to the protest site. Teachers in the locals high schools would give student protestors extra credit for attending etc. Since their fund has dried up, all of the protestors pretty much shrivel-up to what you see today, a bunch of kooks, nuts, & wierdos.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

YES!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread is useless without pictures!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What I was totally blown away with is that they were from DC, NJ, NY & Deeetroit; places that already have complete bans. So basically they were standing up there proving thier position wrong. Basically saying that bans were needed, yet thier people were killed in places that already have bans; so they were proving that bans dont mean sqat in crime!

Say what?
Really?
Here's one of mine,

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hoooooo, yah.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Did they have a big banner thanking their corporate sponsors? That's how I found out that Albertsons funds the MMM, and why I've never shopped there since I saw it the one here in Dallas in ~2001.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
This just in.... www.thenewmexicochannel.com/news/3285613/detail.html

"Some 2,000 Gun Control Supporters At 'Million Mom March'

WASHINGTON -- The second "Million Mom March" was much smaller than the first but supporters of gun control remain resolute about retaining the ban on assault weapons.

About 2,000 people turned out Sunday in Washington. Among them was Nick Wilcox, whose 18-year-old daughter was shot to death in 2001 at a California mental health department office by a patient using an illegal weapon. Wilcox said assault weapons don't belong on the streets.

Speakers urged renewal of the ban on assault rifles that is set to expire in September.

New York Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's husband was killed and her son was seriously injured during a 1993 shooting spree aboard a Long Island Rail Road commuter train. She told the crowd that she doesn't want to march again on Mother's Day and called for the ban to be made permanent".

2,000!  My gun club has something like 1,200 members.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What I was totally blown away with is that they were from DC, NJ, NY & Deeetroit; places that already have complete bans. So basically they were standing up there proving thier position wrong. Basically saying that bans were needed, yet thier people were killed in places that already have bans; so they were proving that bans dont mean sqat in crime!

Just for the record, Detroit doesn't have (and doesn't need) a ban on any types of firearms. You have to get a permit to purchase a handgun and handguns have to be resgistered, but that is a State law which applies everywhere in MI.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
2,000!  My gun club has something like 1,200 members.

Yeah, my primary club has about 2500 PAID members.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Every 1 person that showed up to the march represents 100,000 that didn't.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoooooo, yah.

Woo-Hoo!! Hey, I'm local! You supply the camera's, I'll supply the 35mm film!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#23]
enigma1 and Mr fab, it's spooky that you know what that is.
Oh wait........!! Isn't the internet great!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I went to the Indian River County range the other day.

The head honcho was working the counter and when I presented my card he said,

#2719? DAYUM! I just signed up #17,000 the other day!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top