Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 11:14:18 AM EDT
I saw this stuff at the liquor section recently, and thought about picking some up.

I don't usually like lambic ales, so I passed. But for some reason, this apricot ale just sound really good.

Anybody here been man enough to try it? Was it any good?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Fruit flavored beer/ale?
Gack!
Stick with good German beer or Guiness and forget the girley foo-foo flavored crap.
That is for people that don't like real beer or ale.
It is for getting an 18 year old sorority girl lit.
Yuck! Ptooie!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont do it.

Fruit and ale are a match made in hell.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't do it!

Last time I was down at the Pyramid Ale House we had a few sampler platters and yeegods that fruity stuff was nasty.

Damn good thing I had a hip flask of good Scoth to get that foul taste out of my mouth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
It's basically just their (great) hefeweizen with apricot flavors.  A lot of people dont like flavored beers, but I dont mind them.  It's a great beer for swilling on a hot summer day.  Very little alcohol, very refreshing. Good beer.

Pyramid's a good brewery.  They make a lot of distinctive products that stand out from other beer makers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I like drinking them, but you need to drink it from a glass so you can smell the apricot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
How about Mickey McBuggery's Lavender and Lace Especial Lager? Anybody?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a big fan of fruit flavored beers but this one is worth the try.
It's good.

Try it before you knock it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it and I'm oozing with testosterone. Had it in my kegarator late last year. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm secure enough in my masculinity to try a beer flavor more recent than those available in  1516 Germany. The Pyramid ale isn't all that bad.

Free your minds you silly brutes, you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]
It was popular around these parts in the late 80's-early 90's for a short while. It's not too bad, and a lot of women prefer it to normal beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top