Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 5:23:36 AM EDT
No, not the movies, but the tobacco product.

I'd like to put a couple of packages together to send to Iraq and in the tacked post they talk about 'Copenhagen'.  Is 'snuff' what you put between your cheek and gum?  When I went to buy some they had different kinds like 'long cut', pouches and snuff.  What is the difference between them?  Is one preferred over another?  I have no clue about these things.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
SNuff is something you snort.  Don't know what is made of and it burns the nostrils a little bit.

What you are talking about is chewing tobaccoo....big differance

SGatr15
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SNuff is something you snort.  Don't know what is made of and it burns the nostrils a little bit.

What you are talking about is chewing tobaccoo....big differance

SGatr15

That's how I see it. Snuff is very, very fine cut tobacco you snort.

Copenhagen and Skoal are chewing tobacco, even if they say "Snuff" on them.

The stuff CavVet pic'd is the standard stuff. "Long Cut" is just that. Tobacco cut not so fine so it stays in one place better. Skoal Bandits comes in little, single serving pouches to hold the 'baccy all together in one spot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Man you don't snort that shit you dip it.  The ol pinch between cheek and gum.  You chew tabacco and you dip snuff.  I don't do either.  I have a lot a friends who dip and it is a mother bitch to quit that stuff.  Much more addictive than cigaretes.  Sometimes when I go fishin with my buddy I believe he would sell his soul for a good dip.

Any way send them the copenhagen WTF?  Might as well enjoy the simple pleasures.

Your red man and beachnut are examples of chewin tabacco that goes in the side of your mouth a big chawl.  Like ol Mr Herald use to say after dinner "honey you want a chew of RedMan get that nasty food taste out of your mouth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:42:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Snuff is very finely ground tobacco, almost a powder.  It is usually sniffed up the nose, but was also placed between the lip and gum.  Women used to use a lot of snuff as it was considered very bad form for them to smoke.  I think that most of the modern stuff ('Copenhagen') is a little more coarse cut and not made to be sniffed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
A majority of the dippers use Copenhagen "snuff" not hte long cut as it has a different taste.  Coming from an old school Cope dipper, the snuff is the stuff.  Just make sure the date on the bottom of the can is as new as you can find.  Nothing worse than 2mo old cope!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Just say no.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'd like to put a couple of packages together to send to Iraq and in the tacked post they talk about 'Copenhagen'.  Is 'snuff' what you put between your cheek and gum?  When I went to buy some they had different kinds like 'long cut', pouches and snuff.  What is the difference between them?  Is one preferred over another?  I have no clue about these things.

Man...are troops have been thru enough...we don't need to help them lose their gums too. Yuck!

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man...are troops have been thru enough...we don't need to help them lose their gums too. Yuck!

Kevin

I too don't smoke, sniff, or chew and I personally don't condone any of those practices, I've seen a lot of pics of famous baseball players indulging; but personally to me, the soldiers losing their gums is probably the least of their concerns on their mines at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're putting together a care package,  don't be an idiot and include tobacco products!

The LAST thing our troops need to deal with is a mouthful of some nasty crap like that when they've got to be communicating with each other in order to avoid getting shot!

If you want to send them something,   send them candy that won't melt or spoil,  lip balm, and other items that AREN'T nasty and WILL be appreciated by just about every one of them.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE  If you don't CHEW you wouldn't understand!!!!   If you send it it will be used trust me!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you're putting together a care package,  don't be an idiot and include tobacco products!

The LAST thing our troops need to deal with is a mouthful of some nasty crap like that when they've got to be communicating with each other in order to avoid getting shot!

If you want to send them something,   send them candy that won't melt or spoil,  lip balm, and other items that AREN'T nasty and WILL be appreciated by just about every one of them.

CJ

Funny,  smokeless tobacco is one of the first items on any list of what the troops want or need in care packages!  My first trip to the sandbox, I would have killed for some fresh Cope!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Send some orginal Cope, they will thank you very much./  
Think I just might have me a dip after reading this.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#15]
That shit'll eat a hole in your lip.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Send some orginal Cope, they will thank you very much./  
Think I just might have me a dip after reading this.

Whats their to think about?  Im way ahead of you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I was introduced to snuff in the Army. It was pretty good except when I blew all my boogers out in the shower with all the brown speckles etc.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Man you don't snort that shit you dip it.

Dam funny!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Sean Marsee -- started using snuff at the age of 12. By age 18, he developed a sore on his tongue. Doctors removed part of Sean's tongue, but the cancer spread to his neck.

Despite more disfiguring surgery, Sean died a few months short of his 19th birthday. His mother later said that she had tried to talk him out of using snuff, but Sean always reasoned that athletes wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't safe. Unfortunately, Sean was wrong.

Bill Tuttle -- started using chewing tobacco while playing professional baseball from 1951 to 1968. He spent more than a decade in the Major League as center fielder for the Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Athletics, and Minnesota Twins. "I thought this was a safe substance for the 38 years I used it."

"Bill Tuttle today is not the rifle-armed Bill Tuttle who patrolled center field for ten seasons. Today Bill can't even open a bottle of ketchup. Bill has no teeth. Has has no taste buds. He has lost 75 pounds...I am losing my husband...."

After years of battling oral cancer, Bill Tuttle died on July 27, 1998.

Rick Bender -- started using spit tobacco at age 12 and lost half of his face to oral cancer by age 26.

You just go right on chewing,  dumbasses.

It's nearly the nastiest habit you can pick up, and its consequences can be truly horrible.

The definition of a fool is someone who discovers that something he likes to do is harmful to him, but he continues to do it anyway.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Copenhagen Straight……. Has the silver lid on top…….. Send ‘em that!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad to see our resident soccer Moms protecting us from ourselves. <sigh>

We are all adults and all know the dangers of tobacco, and are fully aware of the consequences.  If we wanted a lecture we would go ask Mom or DUH. Save your breath, drivel, preaching and shock value(less) pics. We chew because we damn well want to.

Since you like pics so much, next time you drive remember this....

All fatal, last one was Princess Di's Benz. She never chewed Skoal.

BTW, send em some Cope. Those that choose to chew will enjoy the hell out of it!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Copenhagen is some wonderful stuff and is mildly worse than chewing gum.  And thank you I will continue to use the fine product.  We all die sometime the only things that change are the time place and means.

Makes conception a wonder, and childbirth a pleasure.
Copenhagen, it makes me feel soo good!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]
My driving a car is not intrinsically dangerous or offensive to other people, nor is it a self-destructive addiction with chemical roots.

You know that your affection for the stuff is a result of a chemical addiction to nicotine.   Yet you're willing to accept that?    A chemical is stronger than your own free will?

I can't think of anything positive to say about that, sorry.

The habit is purely and totally disgusting.  If you don't think so,  you need to ask the people around you what they think of it.

Use that crap if you want to, but be realistic about the fact that it's hazardous to your health, a chemical addiction,  and disgusting in the eyes of others.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My driving a car is not intrinsically dangerous or offensive to other people, nor is it a self-destructive addiction with chemical roots.

You know that your affection for the stuff is a result of a chemical addiction to nicotine.   Yet you're willing to accept that?    A chemical is stronger than your own free will?

I can't think of anything positive to say about that, sorry.

The habit is purely and totally disgusting.  If you don't think so,  you need to ask the people around you what they think of it.

Use that crap if you want to, but be realistic about the fact that it's hazardous to your health, a chemical addiction,  and disgusting in the eyes of others.

CJ

Driving a car IS dangerous and kills far mor people than dipping does. It also kills innocent children who have never taken part in it, unlike dipping. If the troops are asking for snuff, and they are, then if someone wants to send them some I say they are doing the right thing. It is addictive but then again so is driving, if you don't believe me try quitting driving for a couple of weeks. You don't have to drive, there are other options and people lived for centuries without doing it. I bet you can't quit. This is not meant to be a flame, just let people that are trying to give our troops a few simple pleasures that they desire do the best that they can to help.

P.S.  Copenhagen fine cut, Skoal fine cut or long cut or any of the cheaper brands like Red Seal or Timber Wolf will be appreciated very much, somebody will use it. Yes I dip!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

CJ

Dude, I sent a CP to some friends over there full of everything you could imagine: Canned oysters, shrimp, clams, hot sauce, thai sauce, candy, gum, licorice, magazines, baby wipes, batteries, sunscreen, gatorade powder, and Copenhagen and Marlboros and Quilted Northern (my personal favorite). Lots of other stuff I cant remember too.
Top three items in appreciated value? Copenhagen and Marlboros and Quilted Northern.
Dip, smokes and poo paper. Send it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Purveying a human body across the land at greater speeds than the body is designed to do is intrinsically as dangerous if not moreso as demonstrated in the above pictures.

Regardless of the reason for tobacco use, it, like religon, sexual habits or dental hygene is the sole responsibility of an free individual.

BTW, the mean age of those who die attributed to smoking is 72, while for auto accidents its 39. More than half of the smokers were over 70

Source- Table 2

The habit is purely and totally disgusting.  

CJ

Your words sound like an anti regarding guns. I remember a time when guns werent villified and neither was smoking. Life expectancy may have been shorter, but people enjoyed themselves free from the sanctimonious incessant preaching.

Life is dangerous to your health. We die to live and live to die. The older I get the less I care what you do as long as it does not effect me. I wont waste my time or breath to protect you from yourself. I want to you to what makes you happy, and I expect the same. Dont like my habits? Dont do them.

Want more pics of gruesome car wrecks before you drive to the store for ice cream?

BTW- You do know ice cream can kill you, right?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Purveying a human body across the land at greater speeds than the body is designed to do is intrinsically as dangerous if not moreso as demonstrated in the above pictures.

Regardless of the reason for tobacco use, it, like religon, sexual habits or dental hygene is the sole responsibility of an free individual.

BTW, the mean age of those who die attributed to smoking is 72, while for auto accidents its 39. More than half of the smokers were over 70

Source- Table 2

CJ

Your words sound like an anti regarding guns. I remember a time when guns werent villified and neither was smoking. Life expectancy may have been shorter, but people enjoyed themselves free from the sanctimonious incessant preaching.

Life is dangerous to your health. We die to live and live to die. The older I get the less I care what you do as long as it does not effect me. I wont waste my time or breath to protect you from yourself. I want to you to what makes you happy, and I expect the same. Dont like my habits? Dont do them.

Want more pics of gruesome car wrecks before you drive to the store for ice cream?

RIGHT ON CV!!! As I light another Marlboro.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#29]
i just wish for once we could have a disscusion about tabacco without somone jumping in and getting all "its bad for you".

anyway theres to kinds of snuff "moist" ie the stuff you find in the states(Copenhagen etc) that a user takes a bit and puts between his cheek and gum. Then theres dry snuff finely ground tabacco you sniff never seen it in the states but seen it in Europe.

I tried a little of my friends Cope this weekend not my thing ill stick with my Natural American Spirits.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry, but it's just stupid to use tobacco, period.    I developed this attitude partially as a result of having two parents who smoked like coal-fired power plants.   Eventually they wised up and had both quit by the time I turned ten, in 1975,   but let me tell you, I SUFFERED for the first ten years of my life as a result of their habits.

My father is now 73 and though he likely has several more good years left for him, his lung function is 50 percent due to pulmonary fibrosis, which is about 90 percent certain to be due to his smoking for about 25 years.

One of my business partners is a heavy smoker and I can't get him to quit.  He gets stubborn and says it's his only vice.    Well,  how can I leave it alone when my friend hacks, coughs, and gags many times a day and he looks about 20 years older than he should?

Sir Walter Raleigh should have been burned at the stake.   And I pray that some mad genetic engineer will engineer a virus that utterly destroys the entire worldwide tobacco crop,  or renders it useless for human consumption.   Maybe a virus that makes it produce CYANIDE?

A major issue with me is that with tobacco consumption comes unwilling victims.   If you smoke in the company of others, you're forcing them to have to deal with your nasty smoke whether they want to or not.    Chewing tobacco is even worse in a way, because  the leftovers and spitting is utterly, totally, and completely NASTY.

I worked in a funeral home and have handled quite a few dead bodies in various states of disrepair.  Nothing I've seen or smelled there,  (and I've seen it all including autopsies in progress) is as gross as the stench coming from the breath of a heavy smoker or somebody with a tobacco juice cup or spitting it on a sidewalk.

Unlike the usage of even most hard drugs, tobacco usage directly offends other people.

Go right ahead and keep using it.  But don't kid yourself.  The reason why you keep using it is not to feel good, but to KEEP from feeling BAD due the the withdrawal syndrome due to this chemical ADDICTION.   You use the stuff to maintain the nicotine levels your body has become accustomed to and wants to keep, and nothing more.

If a pack of cigarettes or a can of chewing tobacco proves stronger than your own willpower, well, what can I say about that?    Nothing good, I'm afraid.

Nothing you can say is going to be new to me.  I've heard so many people get defiant and defend their disgusting, revolting chemical addiction,  and then I've heard some of them lament their stupidity when an oncologist (doctor specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cancers) told them that they have months or only weeks to live as a result of their stupidity.

It's a truly horrible way to die.  I've seen it.   If you get that diagnosis,  you'll probably be better off throwing yourself off the roof of a tall building or eating high speed lead.

But you'll still defend your addiction.   What a waste.   What stupidity.

Here lies strong Frank Brick.
Never met a man he couldn't lick.
He had just one vice, alas.
Those cigarettes kicked his manly ass.

CJ

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
i just wish for once we could have a disscusion about tabacco without somone jumping in and getting all "its bad for you".

anyway theres to kinds of snuff "moist" ie the stuff you find in the states(Copenhagen etc) that a user takes a bit and puts between his cheek and gum. Then theres dry snuff finely ground tabacco you sniff never seen it in the states but seen it in Europe.

I tried a little of my friends Cope this weekend not my thing ill stick with my Natural American Spirits.

They make snuff in the US that you put up your nose it's just not very popular here in the U.S. is all.

Man cmjohnson you need to send in your .80 cents a day to Save the Children they really need your Help.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Sorry, but it's just stupid to use tobacco, period. I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah .

I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah .

I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah .

Again.....?

Quoted:
but people enjoyed themselves free from the sanctimonious incessant preaching.

Save it Jim....

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sorry, but it's just stupid to use tobacco, period.    I developed this attitude partially as a result of having two parents who smoked like coal-fired power plants.   Eventually they wised up and had both quit by the time I turned ten, in 1975,   but let me tell you, I SUFFERED for the first ten years of my life as a result of their habits.

My father is now 73 and though he likely has several more good years left for him, his lung function is 50 percent due to pulmonary fibrosis, which is about 90 percent certain to be due to his smoking for about 25 years.

One of my business partners is a heavy smoker and I can't get him to quit.  He gets stubborn and says it's his only vice.    Well,  how can I leave it alone when my friend hacks, coughs, and gags many times a day and he looks about 20 years older than he should?

Sir Walter Raleigh should have been burned at the stake.   And I pray that some mad genetic engineer will engineer a virus that utterly destroys the entire worldwide tobacco crop,  or renders it useless for human consumption.   Maybe a virus that makes it produce CYANIDE?

A major issue with me is that with tobacco consumption comes unwilling victims.   If you smoke in the company of others, you're forcing them to have to deal with your nasty smoke whether they want to or not.    Chewing tobacco is even worse in a way, because  the leftovers and spitting is utterly, totally, and completely NASTY.

I worked in a funeral home and have handled quite a few dead bodies in various states of disrepair.  Nothing I've seen or smelled there,  (and I've seen it all including autopsies in progress) is as gross as the stench coming from the breath of a heavy smoker or somebody with a tobacco juice cup or spitting it on a sidewalk.

Unlike the usage of even most hard drugs, tobacco usage directly offends other people.

Go right ahead and keep using it.  But don't kid yourself.  The reason why you keep using it is not to feel good, but to KEEP from feeling BAD due the the withdrawal syndrome due to this chemical ADDICTION.   You use the stuff to maintain the nicotine levels your body has become accustomed to and wants to keep, and nothing more.

If a pack of cigarettes or a can of chewing tobacco proves stronger than your own willpower, well, what can I say about that?    Nothing good, I'm afraid.

Nothing you can say is going to be new to me.  I've heard so many people get defiant and defend their disgusting, revolting chemical addiction,  and then I've heard some of them lament their stupidity when an oncologist (doctor specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cancers) told them that they have months or only weeks to live as a result of their stupidity.

It's a truly horrible way to die.  I've seen it.   If you get that diagnosis,  you'll probably be better off throwing yourself off the roof of a tall building or eating high speed lead.

But you'll still defend your addiction.   What a waste.   What stupidity.

Here lies strong Frank Brick.
Never met a man he couldn't lick.
He had just one vice, alas.
Those cigarettes kicked his manly ass.

CJ

Remind me not to go on a road trip with you.

You DO sound like an anti-gun person, do you realize that?  

to wit:

You make references to personal feelings/hardship.

You say it will kill, yet mention people that are alive over the average lifespan.

You make sweeping remarks about the "absurdity" of it.

The guys over there want some cope.  The member who started this thread asked for advice as to what to send, so as not to look like an idiot to our troops.  This thread was NOT started to get opinions on what our troops want or should want.

We all have choices, I prefer to make them myself, with my own research, rather than have them shoved down my throat by some self-righteous person who knows "what is best for me".
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#34]
I gotta admit, I agree with Cav Vet 100%
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I asked my buddy over there if he needed anything, his reply, "A rool of chew."  Thats all he wanted.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Source- Table 2

CJ

My grandfather was a pack a day smoker, he died when he was 76, my dad only smoked a whole pack in his whole life and he died at 76. But then my dad's younger brother,  who picked up smoking when he was in the US Army during WWII, died at 45.

Some interesting facts from the United States Tobacco web site, the makers of Copenhagen, Skoal etc.

... and is the leading producer and marketer of the only growing segment of the U.S. tobacco industry, moist smokeless tobacco.

Copenhagen, born in 1822, was the first-ever brand of moist smokeless tobacco on the market, and today remains the most authentic and best-selling product in the category, with retail sales exceeding $1 billion. Its loyal adult consumers have come to expect Copenhagen's high quality and unique taste. The product is also known for freshness, with a "made date" stamped on the bottom of every can, and for such distinguishing features as its traditional metal lid and fiberboard can. It is the brand of choice for adult consumers who identify with its rugged, individual and uncompromising image.

Copenhagen's authentic natural tobacco flavor is available in original fine cut and long cut. Copenhagen Black, introduced in 2001, is a bourbon-flavored mid-cut with a smooth, mellow taste.

New Copenhagen Pouches, launched in the fall of 2002, feature rich, premium-quality tobacco in moist pouches that are three times the size of the leading pouch product, enabling adult consumers to enjoy authentic Copenhagen in a way that is neat, convenient and satisfying.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sorry, but Cope's flavor isn't natural.  That is unless tasting like shit is natural.  And unless my tastebuds are screwed up, the natural flavor of tobacco isn't the same as the taste of Cope.

Nastiest shite I've ever put in my mouth.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#38]
When I dipped I thought Cope was SKANKY, SKANKY, SKANKY .

I dipped Skoal Longcut Wintergreen, or Kodiak Wintergreen on occasion. Dip is much more "satisfying" than a cigarette.

However, dip is 10X more difficult to quit than smoking. In fact, when I quit dipping I was so close to going insane that I STARTED SMOKING AGAIN for two months, because quitting smoking is LOTS easier than quitting dip.
I smoked for 15 years before quitting in lieu of dip, so I know BOTH worlds.

I'm NOT gonna preach and say quit. It's your life, live it as you want to. But if you smoke and are thinking of quitting and dipping instead, don't do it. Just quit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#39]
lets see, dipping is bad for me and it inconveniences you because you have to see it

cry me a fucking river

and douse your shoes in diesel so the piss ants don't get up to it and eat your candy asses

Copenhagen Fine Cut Original is the BEST, send it if you can, check the bottom dates and get the freshest the store has

if you don't want to spend what it demands buy them Red Seal Fine Cut, its made by the same folks that make Copenhagen and is what i'm dipping now as $5.20 for a can of snuff is fucking ridiculous

another plus to Red Seal is that it comes in a plastic can and doesn't dry out as quickly as the wax/cardboard can of Copenhagen and may be a plus in a friggin desert, don't know, send what you can and they'll appreciate it (much moreso than a letter saying you're not sending it because it's "nasty" and they might eventually die from cancer as opposed to a fucking suicide bomber, or so i'd bet anyway)
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#40]
The most popular brands around here are Kodiak wintergreen, Skoal regular and longcut wintergreen, Copenhagen. They sell a 100 different flavors but if you get those brands I listed most people are gonna be happy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
What?! No one has mentioned Rooster?!?!
Chewing IS bad for you, but lots of things are, so cool it, all!!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

... words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah I words words words blah blah blah ......

An incredibly mature and well reasoned response.   The typical response someone gives when he has no rational argument to offer for his side.

Tobacco is nasty, disgusting, physically addictive, and harmful.    Once addicted, you use it not to feel good, but to keep from feeling bad due to withdrawal symptoms kicking in.

How does it feel to be owned by the nads by a stupid CHEMICAL?

Feels quite loser-like, doesn't it?

CJ

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Tobacco is nasty, disgusting, physically addictive, and harmful.    Once addicted, you use it not to feel good, but to keep from feeling bad due to withdrawal symptoms kicking in.

How does it feel to be owned by the nads by a stupid CHEMICAL?

Feels quite loser-like, doesn't it?

CJ

I grew up around smokers, and I don't mind cigarette smoke. I actually enjoy it, even though I'm not a smoker.

And hell, I'm owned by the nads by chemicals all the time. Caffeine in my coffee, MSG in my Chinese food, artificial sugar in just about everything.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#44]
So ... tobacco is bad for you, addictive, and cmjohnson thinks it's icky.

Anyone who is old enough to buy it legally has heard the first two facts about 8 billion times; I think we get it by now. Everyone reading this thread is pretty clear on the third fact, so it's not necessary to repeat it any more.

Now can we get back to answering C-4's question?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

CJ

a major issue with me is those nasty polluters- yeah, you know 'em.   They drive around in their vehicles for hours every day, spitting out those nasty pollutants that other people HAVE to breath, because we all breath the same air.    And those NASTY oil stains on my pretty streets are so utterly, totally, and completely NASTY!

here's some more info for you RANDY polluters:

Driving a car is the most polluting act the average US citizen commits.

In most cities car pollution is the biggest source of air pollution.

Car pollution contributes to smog, acid rain, and global warming.

Cars are getting bigger and heavy goods vehicles are replacing smaller ones. The average new vehicle in 2001 consumed more fuel that its counterpart in 1988.

Owners of fuel guzzling cars, beware - your car's emissions may one day be scanned when you least expect it. NASA in the US has announced that a device designed to study greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere will be used by a private company to make auto-emissions detectors that work along the side of a road.

Dedicated bus lanes and priority given to cars and vehicles with 3 or more passengers would cut car pollution drastically.

Traffic can be better scheduled with companies placing emphasis on increasing commercial traffic at night. Large companies can stagger working hours and decentralise administrative operations.

Combustion engines contribute to carbon dioxide accumulation in the atmosphere and are responsible for climate changes.

The adverse health effects of car pollution are pervasive and difficult to measure.

A short list of the likely pathogens in car exhaust:                          
                        Carbon monoxide
                        Nitrogen dioxide
                        Sulphur dioxide
                        Nitrogen monoxide
                        Benzene
                        Formaldehyde
                        Polycyclic hydrocarbons

Soooo, boys and girls- be good and don't pollute!   save the earth and all its wittle creatures.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I dated this hot chick in med school and she gave me my first dip after a soccer game.  I already had a few beers in me by then.  So here I am dehydrated and full of beer.  That little wad spun my world like you wouldnt believe!   Holy cow, I was never so sick in my entire life.  The picnic table we were sitting on started spinning and didnt stop for what seemed an eternity.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
An incredibly mature and well reasoned response.   The typical response someone gives when he has no rational argument to offer for his side.

That was a quote from you. I replaced your repeat whine and drivel with what you might as well have said. My response was a more than rational argument, and addressed your points. Naturally you do what liberal whiners do, ignore my true response and take my substitution of your words and use them as my words.

Intrinsic danger of driving. PWNED

Tobacco is words words words blah blah blah bullshit more touchy feely soccermom bullshit,words words words blah blah blah bullshit more touchy feely soccermom bullshit. words words words blah blah blah bullshit more touchy feely soccermom bullshit

How does it feel to words words words blah blah blah bullshit more touchy feely soccermom bullshit?

Feels like words words words blah blah blah bullshit more touchy feely soccermom bullshit, doesn't it?

Again slowly, if you dont like it dont do it. Jim. LEave other salone to do what they please. Free will. sheesh.

Evidently you dont tire of the sanctimonious incessant preaching like we do. Give it a break already.

Read the entire post again and count the total number of people who are responding to you with .....

Then....

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What?! No one has mentioned Rooster?!?!

Thats what my buddy requested.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I tried some dip once and it was my final time. Tasted bad at first. Then started to taste ok. Then I started getting a buzz. Then I started feeling funny. Started feeling like shit and turned green. It took like 2 hours for me to be able to sit up without having the urge to barf. I think it is aight if people want to use the stuff though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top