Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 2:18:06 AM EDT
I think I have taken another giant leap toward becoming a bona fide red neck....

..just bought a Turkey Fryer.  I'll be firing this baby up this afternoon to cook a turkey for the family and my Mother in Law.  Nothing says Happy Mother's Day like a Turkey dipped in  3 gallons of Peanut oil.

I'll take pictures of the pyrotechnic event that is sure to take place when the oil and fire meet.  Say a prayer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm waiting for my RNA (Red Necks of America) card to come in the mail....  

Many that post here carry that card.

Good luck with the turkey !
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:32:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you put the local burn center on speed dial.

That way the wife can call ahead and they can have the skin grafts ready when you get there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:00:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Turkey cooked in a fryer is soooooooooooooooooooo scrumpdillyicious!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
<Southern accent>Well can we get a hell yeah!<Southern accent>

If you want to cook a Cajun turkey let me know, have access to some real spices that will make a true Cajun deep fried turkey.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:39:06 AM EDT
[#5]
DO NOT over cook it. What is the time, 3 minutes per lb? DO NOT exceed that, by the time it "looks" cooked, it will be burnt to a crisp. Trust me, first time turkey fryers always ruin the first bird. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:18:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Card we don't need no stinking card!

Tj
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]
You say "Redneck" like it's a bad thing....
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You say "Redneck" like it's a bad thing....

Hell no, it is something I am aspiring to.  Sort of like my next higher shooting designation.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon Beer!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been a redneck all my life! I just didn't know I needed a card to prove it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Just remember to THAW the turkey before you put it in the oil. Make sure it is completely thawed and there is no ice inside. Trust me on this one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm a full fledge member of the RNA club.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a full fledge member of the RNA club.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Trust me, first time turkey fryers always ruin the first bird. Enjoy.

Nah, some of us are actually able to read the directions!

Funny thing this came up, though.  The brass gas fitting that attaches to the burner by the venturi stripped on my fryer, and I can't seem to find JUST the burner/stand.  Everything around here is just kits.  A cursory Dogpile/Google run wasn't able to find just the burner, either.  The cast iron internal threads are stripped, so this thing can't be repaired.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Trust me, first time turkey fryers always ruin the first bird. Enjoy.

Nah, some of us are actually able to read the directions!

Funny thing this came up, though.  The brass gas fitting that attaches to the burner by the venturi stripped on my fryer, and I can't seem to find JUST the burner/stand.  Everything around here is just kits.  A cursory Dogpile/Google run wasn't able to find just the burner, either.  The cast iron internal threads are stripped, so this thing can't be repaired.  Any suggestions?

Good question, I thought of the same thing as I was putting this new one together.  Might want to put this question in it's own thread.  Might get buried here.

Tomorrow I'll have pics of the whole process.  We all survived.  No burns and the meat was great.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#16]
S'alrighty then.  Sorry for the attempted hijack!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#17]
There's a BIG difference between a redneck and a Southerner.I'm a Southerner.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I was going to say something.......................... I'll keep my comments to myself  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Damnation, lots of Tennesseans in this post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top