Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 12:05:43 AM EDT
I didnt feel like hijacking a thread so here's another.

today my brother and I came to our hometown to spend time with our mother on mothers day. we were sent to the grocery store to pick up todays feast.

because his POV is wounded he brought his unmarked squad car. i started being nosey and having fun riding up from and went through his glove box.  he had 5 cigars in there and it had me confused for a moment. I asked if he started smoking cigars and he said no!

he said they were there in case he ever got a call to pull a body out of a house that had been there over a week. you smoke the cigar to get the dead body decay smell off of you.

is there any truth to this?
common practice among police?

i couldnt tell if he was bullshitting me. after all, he always has this damn smirk on his face so its difficult to tell if he is yanking my chain or not.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Cigars are terrible if not kept humidified.
Any real cigar afficianado would not keep cigars in the glovebox.
People at work always ask me if I smoked a cigar on the way in, as they can smell it on me.
They are strong, and do linger.
So it could be true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top