Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 10:25:40 PM EDT
For those who don't know what a bridal registry is, its a electric wish list for weddings.  It says what you want and once an items purchased for the person it is taken off the list.  Well today at work was pretty crazy (people getting mothers day gifts), but to make things worse a newly wed couple returned more than three thousand dollars worth of gifts from their bridal registry, the reason was because they "changed their minds" They chose what they wanted, but created several more hours of work for me, all because they changed their minds .  I'm really starting to hate people...  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, thats mesed up.  Did they get cash or new stuff?

Remember the eposide of the Simpsons where bart does the fake wedding for the gifts?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
They got store credit, but I wished I could have charged them some sort of fee since they added a shit load to my "to do list"

Hells yea I remember that Simpsons episode where Bart when Matrix animated scanning things
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
What all does the place sell?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Kitchen and eating stuff (Pots, pans, dishes and glasses)
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking they might have done that in order to get that TV/stereo/whatever thy wanted.

I used to work techsupport that will really get you hating people.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand nor care for the whole registry thing.  It just seems greedy to me.  They assume that someone is going to buy them a gift.

When I got married, people got us gifts, and we appreciated every one of them.  We did not register.  If someone thinks enough of us to get us something, great.

I think my best friend that got married last year registered.  I didn't give a damn.  I got him something that I thought they could use, not something they "wanted".

Hell, I've seen & heard of registries with everything from power tools to toothpaste on them.

The whole registry deal is just too assuming to me.  I find it very offensive.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
If you don't know someone well enough to know what they need, you have no business buying a gift in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah,I think it's a pretty good idea.

I mean,some folks have a couplea hundred people involved with their weddings...who wants to end up with a couple dozen tea sets,or silver serving trays?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top