Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2004 8:19:08 PM EDT
What size netting do you use?  Is nylon net with 3/4 squares good?

Where is a good place on the enternet to buy nylon net?

Do I tie burlap to all 4 sides of the sqaure?

I want to make a Ghillie suit with detachable netting so I can wash the base garment or change the camo sceme.  Whats a good way to do this?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything you need to know
www.sniperworld.com
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you are on your way to making a puff-ball!

My buddy and I used 4 strands of burlap per tie and spaced them about 1-1/4 apart. While you make the suit it doesn't look thick enough at first but it adds up. What you want to avoid is using so much that it  turns into a dandelion when you get it wet and dries out.

Dave

P.S. Don't forget the fire retartdant.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the 1/4" padding on the front side.  There are great links on sniperworld
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you soak the suit in fire retardent, otherwise a little flame will turn you into a human torch!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
So if im using 1 inch square holes only put 1 tie of 4 strands on each square?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep. If you want to add more later you can, just don't over-do it.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top