Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2004 7:59:31 PM EDT
This is a dog I found on the south side of San Antonio. I have had her about 6 months. I have 2 dogs already and 3 is just too many. She is VERY shy and polite. Gets along well with small and big dogs alike. House broken. She is not fixed. I have placed an AD in the paper but the kind of people that want her want her for the wrong reasons (to fight). She will not chase another dog or cat, very tame and affectionate. She is an attention slut who requires contact with people and preferably other dogs.

She gets along with my Golder Retriever and Jack Russle VERY well.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Such a cutie. Lets bring this to the top again!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, why don't I ever like see signs that say free home to good dog?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Good for you RipMeyer, Hope you find some good people for that dog!

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Post this in the Hometown forum!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks (and sounds) like a fine dog.

Why don't you go ahead and keep her?   Seriously.   I've seen dogs that had been passed around from one home to another, and believe me, it's tough on the dog.   They bond with you, and when you send them off somewhere else,  it really screws with them.

I'm the third owner of my dog.    There will NEVER be a fourth, because I don't want to have to put her through that again,  and also,  this is a dog I'd never want to give up.   She's magnificent company.   When I got her (from my brother....divorce situation and the dog had to go),  I spent a lot of time with her, doing my best to ensure she adapts well and enjoys my company.    She has a very happy personality, but still,  I can see that the change upset her for a while.   Fortunately, my brother
visits frequently so that bond is solid.

Keep that nice dog...for the dog's sake.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Why don't you go ahead and keep her?   Seriously.   I've seen dogs that had been passed around from one home to another, and believe me, it's tough on the dog.   They bond with you, and when you send them off somewhere else,  it really screws with them.

I'm the third owner of my dog.    There will NEVER be a fourth, because I don't want to have to put her through that again,  and also,  this is a dog I'd never want to give up.   She's magnificent company.   When I got her (from my brother....divorce situation and the dog had to go),  I spent a lot of time with her, doing my best to ensure she adapts well and enjoys my company.    She has a very happy personality, but still,  I can see that the change upset her for a while.   Fortunately, my brother

CJ

ditto
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

ditto

Very much like being exiled from the pack and having to be accepted into another one.

Doggie psychology 101.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]
She sounds like a great dog. Let me talk to a friend that lives in San Antonio. He had to put his old buddy to rest  a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
But that is an EVIL PIT BULL, how dare you try to poison another family with one of those demon dogs. They are just killing machines. the HORROR... sure she looks cute but she will transform herself  into a kiddie killing kitty munching TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!
cute dog hope you find her a good home, and her new owners don't suffer from stupid neighbors
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#11]
a trip back to the top for a needy dog
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Kudo's for taking her in when she needed help, good job! I have a friend who has some very well mannered pit's and I know he would love to have her but San Antonio is a little too far to drive, sorry.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Do a google search for pit bull rescue in your area.  They will make sure the dog gets a good home and you don't have to worry about them putting the dog down.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Gotta be someone in Texas that needs a good dog...
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#16]
BTT...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm too far away or I would take her!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#18]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#19]

^BUMP^
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#20]
That is a very cute dog.  Sadly my roommate won't OK one and it's his house.  Bump.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 2:35:33 AM EDT
[#21]
BUMP AGAIN
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I saved a german shepard a few months back, found him a good home.  You're doing a great thing.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
But that is an EVIL PIT BULL, how dare you try to poison another family with one of those demon dogs. They are just killing machines. the HORROR... sure she looks cute but she will transform herself  into a kiddie killing kitty munching TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!

The current term is "Assault Dog"

Please let us know what happens.  I asked the wife if she would drive to TX to get her, but she wasn't receptive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#24]
woof
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#25]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Good for you on not giving her off to a possibly bad situation.  Dog fighters should be baited and thrown to some dogs.

I'd say keep her.   Since she's not showing any aggression to your other animales she was properly socialized which is hard to find for the breed,  especially when it was a stray.

In her eyes you are an alpha who came to her aid and accepted her into you pack at her time of need.  Another (move/seperation) exile will be tramatic  for her.     She's already shy now,  it could get worse with another move since she's would wonder what is wrong with her.

If you do end up giving her away make sure it's to someone who understands the breed and will work on her shyness.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#27]

FOUND on PAGE 11  (it was a long walk and now I'm tired)

bump

this is the last time i'm bumping this.  i'd take the dog but I am in OH.

i think the best idea was a pit bull rescue.

please edit the subject line if you place or decide to keep dog.

good job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top