Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2004 6:43:36 PM EDT
So I turned 18 yesterday, which makes me a barely legal teen!  I can now purchase alcohol, go into clubs, get a firearms license, buy a knife, get a credit card, etc!

Here is the Beer Of The Day.  I could only find 1 pic on my comp of some beer I had so its more than 1 beer.

Sorry if i disappoint anyone

hmm pic no worky me thinks......
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you go buy an AR?

Oh yeah...
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#2]
18 to buy a knife?

That's freedom alright...
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Those two on the outside arent beer

Cheers, and happy birthday to you!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
18 to buy a knife?

Aint it grand? Along those same lines, I tried buying a bic lighter once when I was 16. They asked for my ID and then wouldn't sell it to me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
18 to buy a knife?

Aint it grand? Along those same lines, I tried buying a bic lighter once when I was 16. They asked for my ID and then wouldn't sell it to me.

I still get carded for cigarrettes.

I don't understand not being able to buy a lighter when you are under 18.  I don't know of any laws to that effect, unless they are trying to prevent "aiding and abetting" underage smoking....  

I will just add this tidbit as fact #11948 to my list of "Why America Is Screwed".
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oh yeah...

Bastard...Ill have to settle for a bolt gun, after I wait about 4 or 5 months before all the paper work and stuff is processed.

18 to buy a knife?

Theres also no freedom of speech law or anything here, so when people say "free speech", I inform them of there being no law here and they go all upset and call BS on me.

We cant carry any weapons either, and we have to run if we get attacked.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm 19 now, and I've had people not sell me cigarettes even AFTER I show them my ID. They tell me I look like I'm 15 and to go somewhere else.

Edited to add: Sorry for the sorta-hijack. Happy birthday!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had no problems buying lighters in the past.

No, I don't smoke.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
18 to buy a knife?

I can do one better.  I recall a local store refusing to sell my kid brother candy cigarettes.  Candy.   Not that that is even close to being the law or anything, but its sad to know such stupidity exists.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#10]
No Foster's?

I thought that was Australian for Beer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Throw that Corona crap away and pick up some Tecate, make sure ya' put a lime in it, then you'll know what good Mexican beer is suppose to taste like. By the By, have a Fosters for me mate. No worries.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#12]
all i see is water
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah...

Bastard...Ill have to settle for a bolt gun, after I wait about 4 or 5 months before all the paper work and stuff is processed.

18 to buy a knife?

Theres also no freedom of speech law or anything here, so when people say "free speech", I inform them of there being no law here and they go all upset and call BS on me.

We cant carry any weapons either, and we have to run if we get attacked.

The US might as well give up, you guys will surely kick our ass in the Olympics.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No Foster's?

I thought that was Australian for Beer.

Fosters is brewed in Canada
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Fosters?  Hell no!  That stuff is shit, so we send it off to America.  VB is made by the same company as Fosters (Carlton United Brewery) and is a hell of alot better.

We dont get many mexican beers here.  Corona is all I could find, but I was in a hurry so thats all i got.

They are considering banning candy cigarettes here, or they already have banned them.  This is because they think the kids will think smoking is fun.  Same with kids drinks which look like grog, or grog which is "marketed at children", like bacardi breezers and stuff.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Shape the man's mind to your liking, and you control the man.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate drinking beer out of cans :P

Is that fosters on the bottom shelf?  KILL IT!  KILL IT IN TEH HEAD!

I should clear up that it was my bday on the 8th of May, which I think it is still there.  Its the 9th here already
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#19]
VB the nectar of the grogs!

I love that stuff.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#20]
How about KB Tooth, I've had it and it was good, do ya'll like it Down Under or is it another one you ship off for us to drink?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How about KB Tooth, I've had it and it was good, do ya'll like it Down Under or is it another one you ship off for us to drink?

KB tooth?  If we do have it here its not very popular.  Ill check out the grog shop next time and have a look see.

Best thing about VB is its cheap.  Cheap and good.  And its bottles are easy to store (except that one)
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#23]
HAPPY late BIRTHDAY!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Well if were here in US you could get an AR, but not a beer.

I also had the card for lighter thing happen to me.

I dont know if they got MD 20/20 there, if they do get a bottle and learn why you dont drink MD 20/20
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#25]
You are banning swords too.  Won't immortals (Highlander style) be seriously impeded in thier quest for the prize???  Good thing I guess, if some Aussie won the prize and mortal man was controlled by some guy like Steve Irwin....

I can only imagine that the beer in the pics is your equivilant to our college beers, i.e. Natty Light, Bud Light, PBR, etc....  I am a Silver Bullet fan myself.  Happy Birthday!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#26]
OOooh VB, Man I wish I could get my hands on some!

I haven't had any since 98, I've got to get back to AUS!

I lived on the suff for a while.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#28]
SteyrAUG, I'm just busting balls.  I know, it's a collection.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You are banning swords too.  Won't immortals (Highlander style) be seriously impeded in thier quest for the prize???  Good thing I guess, if some Aussie won the prize and mortal man was controlled by some guy like Steve Irwin....

I can only imagine that the beer in the pics is your equivilant to our college beers, i.e. Natty Light, Bud Light, PBR, etc....  I am a Silver Bullet fan myself.  Happy Birthday!!!

No, swords are being "regulated", just as guns are.  You will need a license for a sword.

College beers?  Light beers are for chicks or people who like the taste but dont wanna get drunk or for business men in functions.

Hmmm, CloningBagels in a "BOTD" thread....
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm 19 now, and I've had people not sell me cigarettes even AFTER I show them my ID. They tell me I look like I'm 15 and to go somewhere else.

Edited to add: Sorry for the sorta-hijack. Happy birthday!

Take the hint, don't smoke and use the money to buy guns.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#31]
AHHH nothing better than a cold VB Mate! Got 1 1/2 cases left! Even have some of the limited edition cricket cans!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top