Seems sacriligious to post that pic.

I vote to delete it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I vote to delete it.

I vote to keep it.

While a picture like that on this forum is "preaching to the choir", in other words, we don't have to be reminded of it. I think pictures like that are what was sorely missing from the news coverage of that atrocity.

People that had to jump from windows keep from burning to death. Bodies or parts of bodies destroyed in the rubble. Images that were deemed too graphic or horrific for the sheeple to see.

Well see it or not IT HAPPENED.

People need to be reminded of that day. How soon some people forget.

LABLOVER - this is not directed toward you, just a general feeling I have.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad this isn't that whole "missile pods on the airplane" thing again.  But I wouldn't expect that from The_Macallan anyway.

That's just awful.  I don't know how people could tone down what happened that day.

Edited to add:  Making it go away is just the sort of attitude that causes people to forget.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I vote to delete it.

I vote to keep it.

While a picture like that on this forum is "preaching to the choir", in other words, we don't have to be reminded of it. I think pictures like that are what was sorely missing from the news coverage of that atrocity.

People that had to jump from windows keep from burning to death. Bodies or parts of bodies destroyed in the rubble. Images that were deemed too graphic or horrific for the sheeple to see.

Ditto that.  In fact, I'll add to it (not gruesome, but jumpers):

Jumpers from the WTC on 9/11

It's not gory, you don't see them land, but it's worth keeping in mind what terrorists can do and have done.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I vote to delete it.

I vote to keep it.

How true...it seems that most of America has already forgotten 9-11
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I say keep it, but put up a graphic pic warning.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Jumpers from the WTC on 9/11quote]

WOW!  I have not seen all of thoes.

I could not imagine what their thoughts were at that moment. At least they got to choose how they died.

It's sad how many people forgot that day already.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
They should show these pictures EVERY DAMN DAY!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I've heard of fake 9-11 pics, and I've heard urban legends about finding hands tied together in the wreckage. but maybe this is a real one, as I never saw what the fakes looked like
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've heard of fake 9-11 pics, and I've heard urban legends about finding hands tied together in the wreckage. but maybe this is a real one, as I never saw what the fakes looked like

That's what I was wondering if this was.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Snopes says they did indeed find hands bound together in the rubble.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How true...it seems that most of America has already forgotten 9-11

Exactly peoples attention goes away too quick they forget stuff.  Im sure the lastest big news on ther mind was Friends or Survivor.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I've seen a worse picture.  It shows the aftermath of a body that landed between the building before they fell.  It looked like it went through a meat grinder from the waist down.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Bound in rubber as in the terrorists tied the passengers up in the plane?  Or as in husband and wife tied themselves together so they can die together?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Actually that is true that they found a pair of hand bound together that belonged to a flight attendant.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#19]
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/files/wtcjumper3.JPG

This image is burned into my head. I remember seeing it and recoiling in shock initially, then, afterwards I looked at it and observed it kinda had something "poetic" and "peacefull" to it. Don't know what it is, but the pic just "speaks" that the man is at relative peace.

Can't put my finger on it, not sure if I want to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
really sucks to think of what happened, we will never forget that day

Most already have.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Keep the picture. Keep remembering. Keep eliminating the death loving bastards that will try to do this to us again, and again.

Never forget the lives lost that day, never forgive the radical Islamic bastards that attacked us, and let fires of HELL fry their stinking sand filled asses, so we as a proud nation can piss on their ashes.

GOD BLESS AMERICA  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
really sucks to think of what happened, we will never forget that day

But they will
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Some should send the pic to some of Rumfield's detractors, and ask what do you think about this?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't forget the past, but dont dwell either.  You can not change what has been, you can only try to prevent it from happening again.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Do NOT FORGET!

Why do people want to push the ugliness of what happened to us, on our soil, to the back of their mind, as if it was a simple car accident????

The videos accompanying these photos should be shown at least once a day.  War Sucks, people need to remember WHY we are at war.

We had this:

Then it was this:

Do you need to see the videos again to remember?  How fast anger and hurt fades, right up until it affects YOU, Personally!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If anyone has NOT seen the HBO special, find it.

Hard to watch but I think every person of voting age should see it.

Name?

WinMx?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#28]
fingers.....

Never Forget, Never Forgive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#29]
This just breaks my fucking heart.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I vote to delete it.

I vote to keep it.

I stand corrected.

I realize my post was contradictory to how I feel about 9-11 and previous posts.  In the past I have quoted the Darrel Worley song "Do you remember?"

I for one do not need the pic to remember, but maybe some do.  It also bothers me that people are so quick to forget what happened and cannot see the link between what happened and what we are trying to accomplish in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Keep the pic.  Good job on the warning in subject line.  Good idea.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#31]
How sad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#32]
They took all the footage off my TV
Said its too disturbing, for you and me
It'll just breed anger, that what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
After 9/11 man I'd hafta say thats right

Darrell Worley
"Have you Forgotten?"
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Fundamentalist Islam is the enemy.

Wherever it lives, it must be destroyed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Our Search Dog Team was requested by NYPD to provide cadaver dogs for the Rescue/Recovery effort.

We arrived eight days after the attack with 12 handlers/support persons and 5 cadaver dogs.  We worked for eight days and found over 300 remains.  You can not begin to comprehend some of the stuff we found...shirts, still buttoned up - with nothing in them.  All kinds of pieces of the plane, etc...

And the smell.  Until the day I die, I will never forget.  Four of us go back every year and are permitted in the Pit with families during the Memorial Service.

We were quartered on the USNS Denebola on Staten Island and we could look off the port side and see Lower Manhattan across the harbor.

It is a shame that so many people have not only forgotten, but so many have become indifferent as well.

Here is a pic we took on the Saturday eleven days after the attack, looking northeast.  The North Tower is on the left and the South Tower is on the right.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#35]
After the Alamo and Goliad, the cry was to remember . . .

After Pearl Harbor the cry was to remember . . .

It is no different today.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I think that we need constant reminders of the horrors of that day. We need to keep our anger hot and we need to keep our resolve solid until we destroy every last one of our enemies!

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Our Search Dog Team was requested by NYPD to provide cadaver dogs for the Rescue/Recovery effort.

We arrived eight days after the attack with 12 handlers/support persons and 5 cadaver dogs.  We worked for eight days and found over 300 remains.  You can not begin to comprehend some of the stuff we found...shirts, still buttoned up - with nothing in them.  All kinds of pieces of the plane, etc...

And the smell.  Until the day I die, I will never forget.  Four of us go back every year and are permitted in the Pit with families during the Memorial Service.

We were quartered on the USNS Denebola on Staten Island and we could look off the port side and see Lower Manhattan across the harbor.

It is a shame that so many people have not only forgotten, but so many have become indifferent as well.

Here is a pic we took on the Saturday eleven days after the attack, looking northeast.  The North Tower is on the left and the South Tower is on the right.

www.hometownscene.com/brasda/images/panoj.jpg

I don't know who's more "fortunate."  You or me.  You probably were alerted to the remains by the dog, while we were searching for survivors on day one and found beheaded, disemboweled, flaming corpses hanging 15 feet about us by a piece of rebar through his leg like something from the 9th Gate movie.

Body parts weren't AS visible to us, but they were there if you looked.  The dust had coated everything all too well so that it was ALMOST impossible to see that first day.  How about an arm with the watch still on it AND TICKING?  

So when people say "remember, but don't dwell."  It just goes to show how far removed from the trauma and emotions surrounding 9/11 they are.

If you don't understand it, keep your mouth closed.  No offense.

Once again, here's my humble website which I'm sure you guys will kill the bandwidth again.

Balzac72's 9/11 Pics

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone know how many people jumped from the towers?  Did anyone jump from the south tower?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Do NOT FORGET!

Why do people want to push the ugliness of what happened to us, on our soil, to the back of their mind, as if it was a simple car accident????

The videos accompanying these photos should be shown at least once a day.  War Sucks, people need to remember WHY we are at war.

Couldn't agree more! People have short attention spans, but geez!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Im all for posting pictures of the planes hitting the building and stuff like that, to remind everyone what we are fighting for. However, posting pictures of victims body parts is wrong and that pic should be deleted.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I remember and dwell on it very often. That's why I get so pissed whenever I watch any news these days.

NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE!

Balsac - you and the other NY/NJ'ers that were there have my eternal respect. I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#43]
-- The one about the United Airlines pilot who, on a flight four days after the attack, instructed his passengers on how to foil a hijacking?  True.

-- The one about rescue workers finding a pair of severed hands, bound together with plastic handcuffs, on the roof of one of the buildings near ground zero?  Police say the grisly story is true.

True also that they found a dictionary (not a Bible as reported) that was unscathed in the wreckage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top