Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 3:38:31 PM EDT
Hey gang:

I know someone who is going overseas to a popular hot spot.  So, can he take some Beretta high caps to use instead of the crappy military-supplied-7-of-10-jam mags?

Please sound off.  I am going to send my 2 mags if possible.  

-White Horse
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. He can take them, but may have to leave them, or maybe just want to pass them along to somebody else once his time over there is up. It's all up to one's CO when it comes down to it. Having a slip of paper signed before deploying showing what is PP a solider is bringing may help.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The person should check with his commander/supervisor.

In any event, there's a good chance that anything that gets sent over that's firearms related and is private property may be OK to send, but getting it back is more chancy.   You may be donating two mags that will never be allowed to come back.

Again,  check with superiors.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely, good idea too since you probably take good care of your own magazines.  No one would notice either way.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Proper PMCS is going to fix a magazine problem, just as with any weapons issue. Doesn't matter if its his or Uncle Sams magazine; lack of maintenance is going to screw anyone over. That goes without saying though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Should not be a problem getting them there if he is carrying them. They never checked us for anything personnel unless it was an firearm. Getting them back wont be a problem either. Just have this person turn them into the arms room and have them take it back with the arms room equipment. Is anybody going to know the diffrence? I shipped back my units arms room and customs did not look real hard. Lots of our people ordered look a like equipment (butstock, rail systems ect...) and put then on their weapons and no one had any problems getting any thing back. If you want check with your unit commander or 1SG and ask. If they say no go find another unit to go to war with. Change out that beretta like you posted because it is junk even when new. If forced to go with a military one dont fill up the mag. Only put in about 10-12 rounds and check often to see if the round does not get stuck due to a weak spring. Tell your friend good luck.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:59:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah he can take them.  You might tell him to write his name in whiteout or permanent marker on them, and show them to his supply sargeant and say "sargeant, these are MY mags".  My unit only gave the guys with 9s 2 anyways.  But then again...isn't a pistol for when you can't get to your rifle he
speculist james
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Hell yes, it's his ass on the line! Take the hi-caps.

BTW if your friend has a stop over in Europe on the way he can buy Hi-caps from gun dealers in most European countries without any paperwork required.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hell yes, it's his ass on the line! Take the hi-caps.

BTW if your friend has a stop over in Europe on the way he can buy Hi-caps from gun dealers in most European countries without any paperwork required.

Andy

Andy:

Yes, he will be stopping over in Germany on the way.  Thanks for the good news.

To others, he is an officer so I don't expect that he will receive much flak, but you never know.

Thanks,
White Horse
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Ryan

I'm selling my LTT and keeping the mags so I have 5 more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top