Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2004 3:01:05 PM EDT
No, this wasn't my first tattoo, and yes I knew better than to get a girl's name tattoed on me. And drunken stupidity is not a valid excuse.  But, that doesn't change the fact that I need a cover tattoo.

I don't want the cliche of a black panther climbing up my arm, and I haven't been able to come up with a good idea on my own, so I figured I'd give some of you more creative guys a chance to help me out.

The tatt is on my left bicep, 3 ¼ inches tall and 2 ½ inches wide. I would like to stick to around that size, I don't want to end up with a sleeve.

Some possible themes: AR related, US Flag, 2nd amendment, something patriotic.

So, here's a drawing of the tatt that should print to scale if I've done it right.

So, who's got the talent to make something that I'll put on my arm?

Oh, and when you have some jackass friend who wants to get some girl's name on his arm, show him this thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Somehow, I don't think another tatoo isn't the answer.  How about having it removed?  I know it's more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
just have a dagger dripping with blood tattooed into it.

Maybe little "rest in pieces beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoch!" epitaph too.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Somehow, I don't think another tatoo isn't the answer.  How about having it removed?  I know it's more expensive.

Well, I've been wanting a new tattoo anyway, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
just have a dagger dripping with blood tattooed into it.

Maybe little "rest in pieces beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoch!" epitaph too.

Nah, I don't hold any animosity, I'd just like to cover it for my wife's sake. She says it doesn't bother her, and she doesn't even notice it anymore. She never even brings it up. But I'd still like to cover it for her sake.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm....I might be able to whip up a little somethin' somethin'...

Badger
www.tenninetyseven.com
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Why not just have them tattoo over the name with small flowers or skulls or something. That would cost less then getting the whole tat covered and it'll still look good.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a Harley shield that I had covered when I had to sell the bike. I had a big, black bison(buffalo) put over it and while it did cover it from a distance it just looks like a big ,black blob. If I had it to do over again I'd have them just modify the exsisting tat and not try to cover it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
get a sleeve of BIO MECH.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
get a sleeve of BIO MECH.

That is sooooooo 1992
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, NorCal? Whatcha got?

I'd like to get something I can put on tomorrow.

And are you the only one that's up to the task?

Man, I really expected there would be more Arfcommers up to the challenge...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Why not just have a dermo doc laser it off and all you have is a white spot.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, none of my business, but are you sure you want to hurry a life lasting decision like this like that?

Why don't you take your time finding somethign you really like and then proceed to cover your old ink with something that was your choice instead of someone else on a rush?

That said, I'd get a koi fish, I always wanted one of those.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
You should add a picture of the entire cast of "diff'rent strokes".
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#14]
So turn it into a big bushmaster snake logo with an ar15 on it.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Then I think you should turn it into a clown with that flowert heart crap sticking from his hat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]
This might give you a few ideas. Check out the cover up work.

This guy used to be in a 90's ballsack rock band called "Dirty White Boy". The dude is truly a gifted artist...!

www.fkirkalley.com/welcome%20page%20.htm
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, I'd like to make a few points here.

1. While I could afford to have the thing lasered off, it wouldn't satisfy my desire for another tattoo. Plus, after having it lasered off, from what I understand, it would be some time before I could put another tatt over it. So why waste a couple ARs worth of money?

2. I'm not hurrying into a decision. I know I want a tatt, I want a cover, and I'll get one tomorrow if I can, because I have the free time. But if I don't have a good flash that I want to get printed, I'll wait.

3. I'm not sure what the whole " different strokes" culture thing is, but I'm damn sure I don't want it on my arm.

4. I would prefer Armalite over the Bushmaster logo. Unless Bushmaster is willing to step up with some sort of free rifle or something. But otherwise, an Armalite Pegasus (preferred) or Lion would be my top choice, especially if Armalite would give me an M15 with the Pegasus logo on it as a special edition. Just as an advertising fee.

5. I really thought that I would have at least a few preliminary sketches by this point. I guess I'm expecting too much of my Arfcom brethren. My mistake.  Unless someone can prove me wrong...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#18]
or or

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I suggest:

Or this one:

How about this?

CJ
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/Tattoo11.JPGor img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/Tattoo1.jpg

Mmm..., yeah, that wouldn't work, because there's already a name there. But I appreciate the effort.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Be really hardcore - burn it off
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I agree with the poster above, it's obvious you didn't learn anything from your last tattoos go-around.  Don't rush it.  And don't pick anything off the wall ever again or we'll laugh at you.  Even louder than we did the first time.

Take your time.  Don't go get your new ink when you have time, find what you want and MAKE the time.  I travel 450 miles every time I want a tattoo.  Kinda makes you think things out.  I think more people should be forced to do the same thing.  It might spare us from the heart-with-name-banner tats that are far too common.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/Tattoo11.JPGor img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-3/141064/Tattoo1.jpg

Mmm..., yeah, that wouldn't work, because there's already a name there. But I appreciate the effort.

Well then leave it and only date  Lisa's or whatever.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's a good one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#25]
or
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Hmmm... How could I make this into a tatt...

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#27]

And it broke your heart ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hmmm... How could I make this into a tatt...

www.interplay.com/fallout/images/armormed.jpg

Find an artist, and not a scratch merchant, and they should be able to help you out.
Oh, and wait at least a month.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#29]
IVe got about 3 hours in this one but I think you'll like it. Feel free to use it if you want. I wont charge you anything.

Anyone else is welcome to it too.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I agree with the poster above, it's obvious you didn't learn anything from your last tattoos go-around.  Don't rush it.  And don't pick anything off the wall ever again or we'll laugh at you.  Even louder than we did the first time.

Take your time.  Don't go get your new ink when you have time, find what you want and MAKE the time.  I travel 450 miles every time I want a tattoo.  Kinda makes you think things out.  I think more people should be forced to do the same thing.  It might spare us from the heart-with-name-banner tats that are far too common.

Norm,

I've had this tatt for 14 years. I've been married for nearly 10. It's not like it's an urgent mission. I've been doodling on a cover for a few years, but I haven't come up with something I like. I'm just trying to get some ideas, and maybe I'll strike gold here.

BTW, none of my tatts came off the wall. They came in the door with me, and left on my skin. Including the heart/banner/rose. Yeah, it's derivative, but it's good no? Man, if I coulda copyrighted that, I coulda made some bucks off people who were as drunk as I was at the time. I even made some flashes that ended up on other friends' skin.

Don't worry, I'm not going to cover it tomo0rrow, unless I get something that speaks to me. Unless Armalite has a design, and a rifle...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
IVe got about 3 hours in this one but I think you'll like it. Feel free to use it if you want. I wont charge you anything.

Anyone else is welcome to it too.

While I do love the red x, I don't want it on my arm.

KIDDING!

Fix it, and let's see whatcha got.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Try making the Rose section into a round...and just black out the banner where the name is in the middle....will look like a round with a ribbon on it.  Kinda like this....just threw it together to give you an idea...no penis jokes please, imagine it a .223 shaped round.  This is just proof of concept here.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Really trying hard to not make a penis joke now.

But thanks for the effort.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#34]
A nice rattler with "Don't Tread On Me" on the banner.  
Honors the USA and Metallica at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Try making the Rose section into a round...and just black out the banner where the name is in the middle....will look like a round with a ribbon on it.  Kinda like this....just threw it together to give you an idea...no penis jokes please, imagine it a .223 shaped round.  This is just proof of concept here.

home.rochester.rr.com/jrweb/tattoo1.jpg

That's a good start right there...I think you should add a couple more rounds to it, and turn the banner into a chain...

[chough]penis[/chough]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#36]
You got that tattoed on you?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope my link worked
www.pro-visions.com/Nuke.jpg
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Riotgun, I can sympathize with you. My first tattoo also contained my first wife's name. It has since been covered up. Just make sure you think long and hard about its replacement, or you'll be doing this once again someday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top