Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2004 1:50:36 PM EDT
Yup, at the ripe ole age of 38 to boot...

I was shaving this am, before I went to work, and there they were, gray hairs, temples both sides of my head...

Good thing I am getting another buzz cut tomm...

Damn, first I lost the hair on top of my head, now the sides are going gray....

I WANT MY YOUTH BACK, AND MY HAIR......
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I started getting grey hairs when I was in high school. Now, at 34, my hair is half grey but I don't complain, at least it's all there
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
found my first ones at 33, plucked 'em. now, i just dye them. a damn shame, but at least we're not going bald.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
SHEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

At this stage I am happy went I find my natural colored hair!

And I am 39!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey!........I know some people that get grey in their early 20's. I think heridity has something to do with it like anything else. I guess I'm lucky @50 w/only a few Till I put on the beard/stasch then they really show up!.........as the invisiable man said...women accellerate the circumstance then say O you look distinguished....Yeah, right, They dye their hair! BITCHES!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
38 Pft . I was getting divorced at 24 and looked in the mirror one day to see a few . I found a few in my beard the other day too. I'm still not even 30 .
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have gray hair in my danger zone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, you're ancient!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dude, you're ancient!!!

I feel ancient as well...

When I started at the plant 20 years ago, I was 18, I could work a 16 to 20 hour shift with no problem, and come back for more...

I could man handle those heavy cam and cone reducer drive boxs all by myself, with little effort

Nowadays, I go looking for help when it comes to lifting those heavy drive boxes and indexers...

my knees hurt so bad, along with my legs, my back is gone, and my shoulders ache alot...

The concret floor in the plant has destroyed my joints...

I look forward to ending my shift at 8 hours and cringe at the thought of even a 12 hour shift..

I look forward to being home, I may be alone, but it is my refuge....

Yup I am ancient, and feel it, I am thankfull for MOTRIN more than ever these days...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Every day I look in the mirror and thank the fates for good genes...I will be 38 this year, but no thinning of hair, no grey and just a couple faint lines.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
You don't need to worry until you start finding gray pubic hair.  Thats when you go WTF?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, be lucky you have hair.    
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Gray Hair? Hah!

I'm 22 and have a patch on the side of my head, circlish about an inch in diameter. Better than a friend of mine, who, at 22, had almost his entire beard turn gray. He dyed it, misred the label and dyed his whole face black. It's always good for a laugh to bring it up, he gets so angry...

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got you all beat so far.  I started getting gray hair around 17, since my junior year of high school anyway, I'm now close to 21, and I am the mellowest, least stressed guy I know.  They used to concern me, but I've accepted them, now, I only pluck them if they are standing out just begging for it.  

Brian
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dude, be lucky you have hair.    

I dont I am a suffer of male pattern baldness, I have the Col. Klink hair style...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Gray Hair? Hah!

I'm 22 and have a patch on the side of my head, circlish about an inch in diameter. Better than a friend of mine, who, at 22, had almost his entire beard turn gray. He dyed it, misred the label and dyed his whole face black. It's always good for a laugh to bring it up, he gets so angry...

Jonathan

Sounds like you have a big birth mark on your head .
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#17]
You shoulda died young.

My problem is that what aint going grey is going away.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#18]
You should feel lucky that you made it this far. I have had them for YEARS (and I'm only ALMOST 36). Of course, having 4 girls, a hottie for a wife, and a job in the tech industry probably explains all that I need to know about why I have them.

Oh well, for now I'll take GRAY hair over NO hair. (no offense )
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I look at it this way.....I earned every one of them one way or the other!.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#20]

I'm happy to still have a (mostly) full head of hair. I don't care if it's somewhat grey.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Did you all know there is no such thing as gray/grey hair?  The hair is pure white.  Mixed among darker hair
it takes on the look of "gray."  God's honest truth.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I started getting grey hairs when I was in high school. Now, at 34, my hair is half grey but I don't complain, at least it's all there

Me feelings exactly.  Go ahead and turn it all grey...just leave it there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm 37,   and my head is resembling a cue ball more and more each day.    The crown is pretty well vacant, and my hairline has been receding since my early 20's.   When I was in AF basic training and they shaved us down, I noted that my hairline was ALREADY a little higher than I'd expected.

I don't have any grey hairs, but I DO have a few that my body has forgotten to color their usual brown, mostly in my facial hair, which I always shave every day.   I've never had a beard or moustache, and never will unless all  suitably sharp objects disappear from the planet and I have nothing to shave with.

My hair on my head is falling out faster than it can turn grey.   I don't know if that's a win or not.

Will I worry about it?   Hell, no!    And I can't see why you would, either.

And,  GEEZER,  nothing is more important than a good attitude coupled with an active and healthy lifestyle.    It's  pure truth that here and now at almost 38 years old,  I'm stronger now than I've every been in my life, thanks to a good workout program that I stick to,  and a low stress approach to life along with it.      I truly feel like I'm just ENTERING my prime now.

I know people who aren't old and they're getting near 60,  and I know others who are in their 30s and are practically ancient.     The difference is lifestyle and attitude.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm beyond distinguished.  It's been salt & pepper for over half my life.  Heck, you get use to it and it beats being bald.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Yup, mines been going grey since high school. My Dad has been grey as long as I have been alive. My motto is, it can turn grey, it can turn purple, just as long as it doesn't TURN LOOSE!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#26]
After my kid died I got a lot of gray in my hair (34). Oddly, it really helped my law practice. People remark that they trust me more now with the gray all around my head.

People are stupid.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Tough Titties.  I started going grey at 15 or 16.  Back of my head.  I went grayer, mostly in patches, all over my body, for about 10 years till it stopped.  Got patches of grey hair on my head, mustache, goatee, knees, hands, chest, feet, and the top of my head is pepper.  In the last year or two i've started going grey "normally" at my temples.

....But it can turn any color it wants as long as it doesnt turn LOOSE, ya bald bastages!!!  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#28]
yep I have 'em in my beard.  at 31 years old

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#29]
What you bitchin' about??? That's All I've got!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a few grey/white hairs scattered about my head and I'm 22. Don't feel so bad . I have no idea why I have them. They're not in one place like on some people who have a streak or spot of hair that's white/grey. There's not that many of them but they're there and I've had them for probably 5-6 years at least. The rest of my hair is a chestnut brown color and very thick/healthy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Those of us who have Male Pattern Baldness have something the rest of you furry bastards don't:  Generous supplies of testosterone!

We've got so much testosterone that it's poisonous to the hair follicles on our heads!

We're very, very manly and virile, and this is something that can be proven by chemical analysis.

We're not oversexed, the rest of you are UNDERsexed!

And I don't have to waste much time or money on washing it, combing it, or going to the barber!

CJ

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dude, you're ancient!!!

I feel ancient as well...

When I started at the plant 20 years ago, I was 18, I could work a 16 to 20 hour shift with no problem, and come back for more...

I could man handle those heavy cam and cone reducer drive boxs all by myself, with little effort

Nowadays, I go looking for help when it comes to lifting those heavy drive boxes and indexers...

my knees hurt so bad, along with my legs, my back is gone, and my shoulders ache alot...

The concret floor in the plant has destroyed my joints...

I look forward to ending my shift at 8 hours and cringe at the thought of even a 12 hour shift..

I look forward to being home, I may be alone, but it is my refuge....

Yup I am ancient, and feel it, I am thankfull for MOTRIN more than ever these days...

Yikes! As God is my witness, I will NEVER complain about being an at-home dad ever again. Good fortune to you, 1shott- you've earned it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I had my first grey hair at 16-17

Buddy and I were at some food place and says WTF is that on your head. Looked in a mirror and damn it was a single white strand of hair. I have black hair so this sucker really stood out.

Ever since then Ive been noticing more and more.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Some of my hair is just very very blonde.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I started getting some grey hairs when I was 16, and they kept increasing in number.

I bet I'll be all grey by age 30.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Three words "Just for Men" Great stuff!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Im 14 and i have Gray Hairs is that bad... its only noticable when cut primarly
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#38]
What are you whining about?  I'm 20, and my ex-g/f would always pluck gray hairs out of my head (last year).
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm 28 and I have several gray hairs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I am cursed with the QUICKLY receding hairline (I just practice for the future by shaving my head bald), but I am doomed with the shitty luck of having my back and shoulders covered in a shaggy layer of hair.  I always tell everyone I am going bald due to too many u-turns under the sheets, or that I am not loosing my hair, just getting more head.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#41]
I am fotune enough to be blessed with a lot of hair. In fact it's 3/4 of the way to my ass. I'm 6'5" so that's a lot of hair.

A few years ago I started noticing grays. A few months ago I brushed a full length gray out. That got my attention. Only other thing I've noticed is a slight receding.

BTW I'm 36.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gray Hair? Hah!

Jonathan

Sounds like you have a big birth mark on your head .

I don't really think it's a birth mark. Unless it's a birthmark that's not visible on the skin, only affects my hair color and only showed up 20 years after I was born. No, doesn't really sound like a birth mark.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#43]
I plucked out about 5 white hairs on the sides, I might use "just for men" hair color but i dont have enough to worry about yet, I dont like white hairs because they stand out more when you have black hair.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top