It looks pretty good to me. Check it out
movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/thebournesupremacy.html
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]

It should be a good one.
 I read three books about Bourne, and they're all good.  All three are actually not related to each other except the main character.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Does he still treat firearms like they are carrying a communicable disease?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Please elaberate
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please elaberate

You see the original movie?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
He seems to prefer the hand to hand combat. Didn't feel he needed the pistol that was left in the saftey deposit box.

just watched the trailer,  they must have decontaminated the firearms, he seems to have a use for them now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please elaberate

IIRC,  Richard Chamberland (sp) was the main character.  That movie wasn't good at all comparing to the new 'Bourne Identity'.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to see "The Road to Gandolfo" and "The Road to Omaha" both made into a movie.
Guess I'll have to rent the Bourne Identity.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please elaberate

Yes I did. He did a fair amount of shooting. The shootout in the staircase, the double barrel shotgun out in the field. It's not like he didn't touch a firearm during the movie.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think I ever saw the made-for-TV Richard Chamberlain version.  The Matt Damon version was pretty pussified, IIRC.  The Jason Bourne in the books kicked butt compared to Damon's character.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please elaberate

IIRC,  Richard Chamberland (sp) was the main character.  That movie wasn't good at all comparing to the new 'Bourne Identity'.

The original could have been good if they'd picked someone a little more secure in his manhood.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Juijitsu, guns, car chases and crashes, more guns, and hot chicks, mixed in with international intrigue...hmmm, what's not to like ;)
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought the Bourne Identity (w Matt Damon) was much ado about nothing.

I mean, it just stunk.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#14]
As an avid reader of the books, I was extremely disappointed by the Damon movie.  I didn't appreciate the fact that the only plot line that followed the movie was the first 5 minutes.  I don't believe that I will be seeing the second one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]
i liked it a lot, i think Damon did the character just as a no-nonsense type.  guns are just tools to him, they're not glorified like they are in lethal weapon, die hard etc..  his best weapon is his mind, same as it is in real life for our spooky-types and soldiers.  

can't wait to see the new one!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Seems to hate guns...

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought the Matt Damon movie was fairly good.

Like iveseenalittleontv said Damon's character regarded the guns as tools. Nothing more. Overall, a pretty suspenseful movie with some action.

But then I haven't read the books either. May have to do that. It sounds like they'll be my kind of book.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I think it looks pretty damn good. I'll see it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#19]
It has been a looong time since I was reading Ludlum books. So, I didn't feel much concern about any mismatch between the on-screen character and the book character. Heck, if you guys have been over my house in the evenings when my sister-in-laws are here, nothing but Mexican soaps, Bourne Identity and anything like it rates A++++++++.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Dood, you missed the point.  In the first one he woke up, didn't know who he was, didn't know he had gun training, nothing.  He saw the gun and didn't feel the need for it because he didn't know he was a secret agent or being pursued.  He neither hated nor loved the gun.

Once he figured out who he was he used every gun he got his hands on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I like it! The series of books were great, but I liked the one movie so far.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#22]
first one was great! can't wait on the 2nd!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]
did I like the first one? I don't remember, someone help me out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I thought the Bourne Identity (w Matt Damon) was much ado about nothing.

I mean, it just stunk.

I never saw it myself.  From the looks of it I put it on my long "No plan to watch" list.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top