Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2004 10:23:56 AM EDT
Here is a copy of a problem I had recently with a post vanishing on the EE. I posted a RRA rifle I had for sale last night about 10pm. This morning I could not find the add. It had vanished. I then posted a replacement for my add and made a post asking if any of the mods knew what had happened. STOKES responsed with "You're breaking the rules.
Please read them.
I'll delete this thread in a few hours, giving you time to read this response. This thread is a violation of the rules as well.
And, I'm also deleting your current ads that are against the rules.
Stokes" Come to find out I had bold text in the title area. Ok no problem I will go fis it but STOKES deleted it as well!!!! Now this would not be a problem if it had been a small post but I spent about 30 minutes making a accurate detail discription and posting 10 or so pics for people. STOKES could you have not just told me? I would have fixed it ASAP. Hell what does it matter its not your time is it? [edited] !!!!!This site has some problems with its mods! Why dont you have a little more respect for your site donators next time[edited!!!!!

It takes a bit of time to get a post up with the amount of info and pictures mine had. 1 day later it is gone. Hey mods, any idea where it went?

"WTS: New Unfired RRA Custom Lightweight Carbine with Eagle case $850 (LOTS OF PICS)"

Posted around 10pm last night (5/6/04)

I am going to post a second one. Hopefully it stays up.

Mods after you read feel free to delete this thread. I just wanted to know what you think happened. Thanks...Josh Newton

jnewt,

donno where the first post went, but it was her and i saw it. The pics didn't worked tho. It might to have gotten lost when the site went down.

halik

You're breaking the rules.
Please read them.
I'll delete this thread in a few hours, giving you time to read this response. This thread is a violation of the rules as well.
And, I'm also deleting your current ads that are against the rules.
Stokes

Rule #2 No UBB code (bold commands) allowed in Title Lines unless you are an advertiser.

I did not now that. Now I do. Did you have to delete my posts? Why could you have not mentioned it to me? I would have fixed it ASAP but what do you do, you completely delete a thread which a spent quite a bit of time on posting pics and what not. Crazy thing is you did it TWICE!!!! I created this thread this morning when I saw my for sale post was gone. I then relist the for sale post. Then you post in this thread telling me I am breaking the rules, fair enough I will fix it but when I go to fix it you have deleted the replacement thread as well. WHY COULD YOU HAVE NOT SIMPLIE TOLD ME?????
[edited]

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=208089

You have the right to get pissed,but not to insult anybody because you disagree with them! Ed Sr
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you should upgrade to a platinum account.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
so you are mad at him cause you broke the rules?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe you should read the rules.

ETA - I'm pretty sure there's a comment in the EE rules somewhere, I'm sure I saw it posted by Aimless, to the effect that the mods in there don't have time to run around, emailing and IM'ing people about problems with their threads and keeping tabs on stuff to make sure it gets fixed.  Instead, they delete problem threads.  Says so right in the rules.  It's YOUR responsibility to make sure your ads comply with the rules.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I should...lol... It just burns my ass at how rude some of the mods are on this site. I made a mistake, a minor one at that and would have fixed it ASAP... just pisses me off! Now I have to go list it for a 3rd time...

so you are mad at him cause you broke the rules?

No I am pissed at the way he handled it
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you realize that you have to scream profanity at the moderator JUST right or he won't help you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#6]
That does sound a little heavy handed.  One time I screwed up and cross posted something in the EE, didn't realize it was against the rules.  I didn't get a warning, a request to correct my error, or anything like that.  Instead, the text was edited (removed) and a short and terse post appeared that said something to the effect of "do this again and your account will be locked".  

The mods in the other areas of the board are a lot more "moderate".  Maybe there is an advertiser(s) who complains about non advertisers screwing up before the staff has a chance to get people to correct errors........and this is what you get.  It's not too hard to figure that a paying advertiser will be quick to find these things and bring them to staff's attention, and money talks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]
says:
This one might see "The Pit"
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#8]
kwitcherbichin.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#9]

STOKES!!!! KISS MY ASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

This should straighten things right out!

This kind of response always makes me MUCH more willing to help resolve things!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Could you not have let me know about the text? It would have taken you no more time to let me know than it did to delete a thread which I spent a lot of time on. You guys need to work on you policy a little bit
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I would guess the EE mods get tired of explaining the "rules" for posting in the EE to everyone, when the rules are readily available. (these rules are located at the top of every forum  in the EE BTW"
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I would guess the EE mods get tired of explaining the "rules" for posting in the EE to everyone, when the rules are readily available. (these rules are located at the top of every forum  in the EE BTW"

Yep, you're right.  In my case, IIRC they changed after I had been using the EE on occasion, due to the reclassification of posters as "advertisers", "industry partners", etc.  Now I know better.  Kind of thought the threat was a little excessive in my case, but hey, I wasn't hurt by it.  Otherwise, I would have posted a whiny thread!

It IS only the internet folks.....  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You guys need to work on you policy a little bit

Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension a bit.

READ THE RULES.  Otherwise, don't waste your time posting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#16]

I wasn't hurt by it. Otherwise, I would have posted a whiny thread!

I'm not whining, I'm bitching...lol...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That does sound a little heavy handed.  One time I screwed up and cross posted something in the EE, didn't realize it was against the rules.  I didn't get a warning, a request to correct my error, or anything like that.  Instead, the text was edited (removed) and a short and terse post appeared that said something to the effect of "do this again and your account will be locked".  

The mods in the other areas of the board are a lot more "moderate".  Maybe there is an advertiser(s) who complains about non advertisers screwing up before the staff has a chance to get people to correct errors........and this is what you get.  It's not too hard to figure that a paying advertiser will be quick to find these things and bring them to staff's attention, and money talks.

The Equipment Exchange-we don't warn we act! www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/hitler.gif

By the way in the future when bitching about stokes put his name up there in the title so everyone knows who the meanie is
Kevin->
Aimless->
Stokes->

Shiite...I don't even remember who the meanie was!!!!

Looks like Brou is shooting for that title though!   Go back to your own forum Brou!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#20]
MODS AREN'T HERE TO BE NICE. THEY ARE HERE TO FLEX THEIR TINY MUSCLES. I'VE DONE THE SAME THING, READ THE RULES, AND ADJUSTED MY POST ACCORDINGLY.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Could you not have let me know about the text? It would have taken you no more time to let me know than it did to delete a thread which I spent a lot of time on. You guys need to work on you policy a little bit

Nope, not gonna happen, takes me about 5 seconds to ditch your ad, I also zapped 8+ ads at the same time (and ate a bagel with cream cheese) it would have taken me about 40 minutes to warn all 8 guys, then out of that 8 one would have fixed it within 12 hours maybe 3 by sunday night and the other four would ignore me. trust me I tried,

oh and then I have to go back and find the ads I warned about and see if they were changed or not and keep checking to see if they are changed or not.

Maybe the site should think about getting some more mods since you dont have the time to deal with problems the correct way.

Nope, not gonna happen, takes me about 5 seconds to ditch your ad, I also zapped 8+ ads at the same time (and ate a bagel with cream cheese

Proud of that I guess? Your just the person to represent AR15.com

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
MODS AREN'T HERE TO BE NICE. THEY ARE HERE TO FLEX THEIR TINY MUSCLES. I'VE DONE THE SAME THING, READ THE RULES, AND ADJUSTED MY POST ACCORDINGLY.

Oh shit now you've done it!!!

How long until we have 15 on 15 Staff vs. Team members in the Pit?????

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Screw the pit!!!  I'll take care of you at Gunstock mister!!!!  

No you won't because I will hide behind Ed!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#26]
popcorn...check.

some folks are just too high-strung.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#28]
just send the mods a case of ammo or other offerings (or let aimless shoot squierls in a birdbath) and they stop picking on you.
geesh  you guys would get nothing accomplished in  chicago

but i have found that calling staff/mods nasty names always helps out further problems
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, not gonna happen, takes me about 5 seconds to ditch your ad, I also zapped 8+ ads at the same time (and ate a bagel with cream cheese) it would have taken me about 40 minutes to warn all 8 guys, then out of that 8 one would have fixed it within 12 hours maybe 3 by sunday night and the other four would ignore me. trust me I tried,

oh and then I have to go back and find the ads I warned about and see if they were changed or not and keep checking to see if they are changed or not.

Maybe the site should think about getting some more mods since you dont have the time to deal with problems the correct way.

Nope, not gonna happen, takes me about 5 seconds to ditch your ad, I also zapped 8+ ads at the same time (and ate a bagel with cream cheese

Proud of that I guess? Your just the person to represent AR15.com

Maybe you should think about reading the freakin' rules so you can post stuff "the correct way" and the mods don't have to clean up your shit.  Then you wouldn't have to start these little bitchfests because the mean old mods weren't nice to you.  Do you expect to be spoonfed in all areas of your life, or just on the internet?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jnewt - this is a PERFECTLY REASONABLE EXPLANATION.  Perhaps you are under the mistaken assumption that the mods and staff are exorbitantly paid and spend all their time to "serve" all the member of ar15.com.  

What Aimless described is by far the most reasonable way to manage the site, and it would be completely impossible to manage if everyone got the consideration that you want.  The fact that staff make efficient choices like this is what makes this site so well-run and effective.

I agree it sucks to have your post deleted (and it would irritate me too if it happened to me), but the mods/staff really aren't being unreasonable here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#32]
thats whats worng with our society today, bunch of whinners, no one takes responsibilty for thier own actions.

you fucked up and did not read the rules, now you are whinning, stfu and apologize to the mods.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#33]
newt, I had a similar problem once.  I had spent a lot of time on one ad for a nice scope.  At the same time, I posted a few other small "optics" items.  I inadvertently went over the "first page" limit for the optics EE forum, and the ad I spent a lot of time on got flushed.  I was pissed at the time, because I always play by the rules here and I didn't even get a warning.  You have to look at it from the mod/staff perspective, though.  It would take an inordinate amount of time to double check each post from each poster that breaks the rules and see if it is their first/second/third offense to determine if a warning should be given or not.  

The biggest lesson learned: compose all of your ads in a word processor on your home pc and save them to disk.  I do this now anyway, in case of a browser crash.  Never assume that anything stored on another computer is safe.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Pie for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Penguins are bad and scary people, and you shouldn't taunt them.  The fat ones are the worst.  However, your idea of "the right way" requires a huge amount of time and manpower.  We just don't have it.
There are a lot of times where somebody's idea of the right way is not the most efficient or effective.  This is just another example.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I always use ubb code in the Topic headline when I want my ad deleted.  It's always worked for me!  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Without Team members the Staff would not be shit!....

I have read up to this point and to tell ya the truth STOKES has always seem'd O.K. by me and I have never had a prob w/ Aimless...

I Moderate probs for a living and I would have to say that Aimless's Comments on how long it takes to zap a post  and eating a bagle is on the line of being a total Asswipe, Stokes could have just put something in his post that said why it was wiped out...( it is more than clear that the topic would be read, he was asking a question)

Jnewt, the rules are there so this shit dont have to happen again...

All the way around you have FAILED eachother!

Hang you heads in shame and move on!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Without Team members the Staff would not be shit!....

I have read up to this point and to tell ya the truth STOKES has always seem'd O.K. by me and I have never had a prob w/ Aimless...

I Moderate probs for a living and I would have to say that Aimless's Comments on how long it takes to zap a post  and eating a bagle is on the line of being a total Asswipe, Stokes could have just put something in his post that said why it was wiped out...( it is more than clear that the topic would be read, he was asking a question)

Jnewt, the rules are there so this shit dont have to happen again...

All the way around you have FAILED eachother!

Hang you heads in shame and move on!

more whinning, why did the mods do anything wrong?? the asshat did not read the rules. period. he screwed up and now wants to blame the system and not himself.mods/staff do not get paid anything for reading every fucking thread and every post in that thread  here. they also want to enjoy the forums, have a normal job and a life beyond arfcom. i bet every mod staff spends at least an hour a day minium dealing with people that fail to follow the guidlines. this is a free site, no one pays to post an ad in the ee, all the staff asks is you follow some simple rules. wtf is so hard about that? you fuck up you pay the price. no one is here to wipe your nose
now sr staff thats a different story, they get paid over a hundred grand a year to baby sit the mods/staff
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#42]
As a systems analyst, I am considered a professional 'problem creator'.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
says:
This one might see "The Pit"

So that's what the is for... neat.

Is this thread written by a whiner?
: It is decidedly so.
Hey neat... it works.

Should this guy back up his ads?
: It is certan

Sweet!

Magic 8 Ball

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#44]
excuse me but the MODS did nothing wrong. It was STAFF!!
mike

ps... i am organizing a pequin hunt in december if anyone is interested
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
EE mod has some issues!!!!!!!!!!!

Just the EE mods ? I thought they ALL had issues ! Isn't that why they are Mods (and Staff) ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
mike

ps... i am organizing a pequin hunt in december if anyone is interested

they are too easy to hunt,  they just hang out at bird bathsor chasing ambulance's
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
mike

No wonder Aimless was pissed.  Bringing him down to a level of lowly Mod.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Penguins scare the shit out of me.
Clowns don't bother me a bit, though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top