Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 8:47:05 PM EDT
I'm going to buy a new house or duplex in 6-12 months and want a FFL about half a year after that.

Is it still possible to get a FFL out of a home?  If so, how'd you do it?

Thanks,

Mike

EDITED to add that I've already got a C&R- I'm looking at business here.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Because of the rise of the online auctions, you can now have an FFL out of your home. But, you still need CLEO permission, fill out ATF Forms, pay the fees, submit a drawn layout of your house, have a way to secure the firearms (safe, etc), have a visit from the nice folks from the ATF, and then get approved.

If I remember right, your home has to also be approved by the Zoning Dept. as a business....

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought about it, but I dont buy enough to justify the trouble and cost.  I do have a C&R, I emailed ATF got form in the mail a few days later.  2 months later I get permit,
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to get a C&R FFL so you can have a personal collection you can get one for $30 for 3 years. If you want to do business you'll have to check zoning laws, have a "premisis" to do business from(a house doesn't count unless you set aside part of it for the public) and get a Type 01 FFL which cost more. Here's the ATF web site, they can answer all your questions.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#c1
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Because of the rise of the online auctions, you can now have an FFL out of your home. But, you still need CLEO permission, fill out ATF Forms, pay the fees, submit a drawn layout of your house, have a way to secure the firearms (safe, etc), have a visit from the nice folks from the ATF, and then get approved.

If I remember right, your home has to also be approved by the Zoning Dept. as a business....

Hmm, that's not an angle I considered...

Wonder if I can pull that off in Mesa or unincorporated Maricopa County..?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well I have a C&R FFL. If that counts. All I had to do was download the application from the ATF's website. Fill it out and mail it in with my MO

Got it in the mail a few weeks later.

Got that- want a type 01 or 07.  

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Any other suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top