Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 6:58:14 PM EDT
Does anyone here notice they react differently to beer then they do liquor  I ask this because I usually down 12 or so shots before I stop drinking, yet when I'm drinking beer I'll be shit faced after 8 beers .  Yet I have friends who can drink a 12 pack and act sober, but if they drink the hard stuff they will pass out after the 6 or so shot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
i can drink beer until i decide to go to bed with the end result being i talk more and actually increase in wit, (read: smartass, but not combatively so)

i can drink whiskey, become the biggest asshole on planet earth and not remember why i pissed off everybody i was out with the next day

P.S. i don't drink liquor anymore
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i can drink whiskey, become the biggest asshole on planet earth and not remember why i pissed off everybody i was out with the next day

Yea I've had a few days that went like this

Me:  What happened last night?
Friends: Asshole, don't even talk to me
Me: What did I do?
Friends: Oh you better know what you did dick head
Me: No I seriously don't remember a thing
Friends: Well fuck you

Whenever this happens I'll find out the story from someone else, say I'm sorry to whomever I offended and get drunk and do it all again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm WAY past drinking shots. I like to know what goes on during the course of the evening.

Since I moved to Aridzona my tolerence for drinking is about 1/3 of what it was when I lived in the PRK.

I can still pretty much drink Cuba Libres until the cows come home, but my tolerence for beer has plummeted. Kinda strange.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i can drink beer until i decide to go to bed with the end result being i talk more and actually increase in wit, (read: smartass, but not combatively so)

P.S. i don't drink liquor anymore

Amen, brother.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
actually, i LOVE wild turkey, crown, makers mark, etc.............

my WIFE was the determining factor in my stopping the drinking of liquor

APPARENTLY i drank alot of wild turkey, passed out, my mother in law called, i was closest to the phone, answered the phone..................."what the fuck do you want?"

and that was all she wrote.....................
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yea I've had a few days that went like this

Me:  What happened last night?
Friends: Asshole, don't even talk to me
Me: What did I do?
Friends: Oh you better know what you did dick head
Me: No I seriously don't remember a thing
Friends: Well fuck you

Whenever this happens I'll find out the story from someone else, say I'm sorry to whomever I offended and get drunk and do it all again.

That sounds just like me after a few port visits my last Med cruise.  I woke up on a beach once in Rhodes and to this day can't remember how I got there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top