Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2004 4:59:15 PM EDT
I have always heard people say, "Those are the best years of your life." For me, I don't think it was high school and it doesn't really seem like college either.  

I'm coming up on 21 now so that will be interesting to see how life might be different, if not better.

Perhaps I won't know my own best time until it has been years past.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
From age 29 to 39.  Ops  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
18 was pretty cool, senior year of high school.  Classes where a breeze, lots of partying and I was getting laid 5+ times a week.  Now I attend a local community college, the majority of my friends moved and my social life is really hurting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
22-27

broke as a joke, but gawd damn I had some good times
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
18-22
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Now.

I have reached the top of my career field, make enough money that I don't worry about it (I am not rich by any manner!), and love the people that are my friends.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Now.

Exactly what I was going to say!

I was just sitting her, having a beer, pruning a bonsai and surfing arfcom while listeing to good music thinking "life is good" before I opened this thread.

The army was a lot of fun.  I remember some awesome times I had as a platoon sergeant, and having dinner with the queen when I became an officer was pretty cool too!  But in terms of being content and happy, I think NOW is the best time of my life.

I'm 35 btw.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Now.

and if the answer is ever any other I'll put my head in the oven.  Poor bastards that peaked at 18....
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]
21-22 was good. I was living in a 6 bedroom house rent free all by myself while working as a PT in a gym. Partying 6 nights a week, hooking up with 3 or 4 different hotties each week and loads of pool parties and barbecues. That was the life when I was young and dumb and full of cum!

But now i'm 34, raising my kids and being a family man is definately better than those days of hollow meaningless sexual fury! The joy and satisfaction my two daughters and wife bring me make me forget about those days and the person I was back then.

Being a dad and husband and having people who love me unconditionally is the true meaning of life.
When my little ones tell me, "I love you daddy," man that's what livin' is all about!

ETA my ages.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Sophomore year in high school. Great friends and constant partying. I had the type of life you only see in the movies (and no, not the X-rated ones!...more like R-rated).
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Gets better every day.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#14]
now, 33

just getting settled into a new home. steady job for 11 years.
land to shoot my toys on, plus I have you crazy mo'fos to entertain me.

won't catch me complaining.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Age 17-23.  I had lots of friends.  No debt.  An awesome girlfriend.  I'm 29 now.  From Age 24 to now, things have gotten steadily worse.  No friends.  Lots of debt.  Awesome girlfriend dumped me.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Prolly right now. Mid 30's, good job, great wife. Right now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Tough one. I looks back one different points of my life as being good times...

There is no best because I think I'm living it right now... I have an awesome 7 month old son, my wife is probably less of a bitch now that we have a baby, I have an awesome dog, one car paid for and one close to it, a house, and an AR... what else is there.

I look back on certain moments in my life and wish i could go back, but I've learned that trying to recreate a memory never works out like I remember it.

Other good times:
- When I was stationed in Germany. Pretty much the whole time I was there was fun. Great friends and good times.
- Certain point in high school... but I probably have more regrets from that period of my life than anything else... should have been more confident and proactive than I was. One of those, "wish I knew then what I know now" things.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Summer before senior year of high school was fun.

Could drive, no debt, was on a shooting team preparing for a national event, went to it, great bond with all the guys on the team, plus regular high school stuff.

Now I'm 21, at college which is going really well, have a job I love.  I can't complain about a single thing really.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]
It gets better every day.

If you aren't at least 30 you haven't lived long enough to have a clue as to what life is about.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#20]
22 to 27

Single and living on the Gulf Coast.

Life was great.

'Course, married and with ScaryKid 1 on the way now, it's even better.

SG
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#22]
20-32

It was a long run.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Right now is pretty cool, but if I had to say the time I had the most fun, it was probably around age 26, about a year after I got married.  We had plenty of money, no kids, and could up and take off and do anything we felt like.  I remember once when a Dolphin game wasn't going to be shown locally (central FL), we drove down to the Keys and stayed the weekend so we could watch it at a local sports bar.  
Also, when I was a junior in college I had a blast---I was in kick-ass shape, could do PT three times a day, hang with my girlfriend at night, get four hours sleep, go to class and still feel great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#24]
i had the most fun at 17, hard to define best though...............................don't have the wild parties and frequently changing sex life anymore but i've got a 2 year old little heathen that i'd die for and a wife that i love more than anything so i'm gonna go with now as well
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#25]
It's supposed to be right 'now'...

I'm 20.

I suppose I'm having fun...

I guess this semester really sucked, so that affected the outlook a bit.  Beat my brains trying to get edumacated.

But, my last exam was today, and I did well.  Fuckin' thermodynamics.

I suppose it's alright.  Got an internship that will provide some good experience, and maybe I'll get a paper published out of it.  Only have  to work 3.5 - 4 days a week, which will leave me with a lot of time to sit on my fucking ass and do fun stuff, like shoot, fuck around, travel, waterski, and maybe date a couple new women, maybe not all in that order.

I've set a few goals, foremost is do what it takes to get healed up so i can start running pain free again.  Lose the weight I've put on in the past couple weeks.  Continue working out.  Learn the stuff that I didn't but should have this semester.

Life is good, I spose.  It's what you make of it NOW, not in the past.  And now is alright.

And if you're not happy with something in your life, work to change it or change other circumstances so it doesn't bother you as much!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#26]
High school. Girls, cars, and hunting. 4 years fo pure fun!

CH
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#27]
My 20s

Partied like a maniac. Lots of good times with good friends. Had some relationships that were fun. Life was good.

My 30s pretty much sucked ass. Buddies all got married & moved on. Zero job stability. Decided to take a break from relationships, turned into about 10 years. Diagnosed with both Diabetes and skin cancer in my late 30s.

I turn 41 this month. I just got dumped by somebody who I foolishly fell for in far to short a time. Still have zero job stability. Debt is higher than I wish. So far the only plus is that I managed to finally buy something in full auto and am currently waiting on the paperwork to clear for my second one.

Damn.......I wanna be 20 again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#29]
At 21 when I became a Police Officer.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#30]
... So far, so good. Had some rough spots but all in all I was able to keep my eyes on the prize. I've been fortunate, much to be thankful for.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I would say right now is the best time of my life, but I don't think it will be the best time in my life.  I'm 22 and have one more semester of college to finish. I've done everything and then some as far as "college fun" goes. I get laid several times a week by different womenz, party a couple nights a week, have made decent grades, and have a few guns.

However, I don't think this is what its all about. I expect to have the best years coming up, when I actually have money and am fully independent. My parents weren't strict by any means, i've been living the same lifestyle I am now since I was 16, but I'm just ready to get my own shit, and maybe help them out a little when I can for dealing with my dumbass all these years.  I just met a nice girl, which I have high hopes for, and it takes a lot for a girl to get my hopes up nowadays. I'm still a little scared of the real world: getting a full time job, bills, debt, insurance, and such, but I have been prepared with everything I need, and i'm going to give it hell.  

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#32]
as of right now, my senior year of HS
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Best time is right now at 48.  Retired at 45 to become a suburban cowboy.  Worked hard, raised a family from 21 on up.  

Yee Ha,
Mike
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#34]
1986-1990, college and the Army. College-good friends, couple of awesome girlfriends (2 fairly long relationships, one was as perverted as me, the other was the "one"). Army, good friends, good times doing what I really enjoyed.
After 1990-I must be getting paid back for being bad in a previous life.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Age 16-26.

Now 29, stuck in a holding pattern.

March of 2001 was one of the most interesting times of my life. The spring of 1998 was good, too. Right now I'm in a mediocre job (I enjoy it, but they're not throwing money at me) and I'll be here at least another 1-3/4 years, until I finish my MBA.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The army was a lot of fun.  I remember some awesome times I had as a platoon sergeant, and having dinner with the queen when I became an officer was pretty cool too!

You had dinner with Queen Beatrix!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#37]
The day I became debt free. That was 7 years ago. It just keeps getting better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#38]
18-22, The years I was in the Army.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The army was a lot of fun.  I remember some awesome times I had as a platoon sergeant, and having dinner with the queen when I became an officer was pretty cool too!

You bastard
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm only 22, but I'm going to have to say the best time of my life was ages 6 to 7. When I was in First Grade. That was the last time I truly felt happy. That was about the same time my parents discovered I was "gifted" (whateverthefuck that means). Since then I've been in special classes, skipped grades, designed and piloted courses for schools, etc. Then I paid my own way through college when I was 17. Graduated with a BS in Computer (Electrical) Engineering at 21, started Graduate School on my own dime.

Parents got divorced about 10 years ago and are dating each other again. I have a fiance that lives with me that I plan on marrying when I can afford to. I still live at my mother's house because my fiance refuses to live in a dump and I can't afford a 'nice place' on my own. I buy my own food, toys, etc. I own 2 cars, and a modest collection of firearms. I build custom pistols & machineguns for a type 7 FFL+SOT. And in August I will have a total of 4 part time jobs (all in different fields- CE, IT, EE & firearms), as well as being a full time Graduate Student. The 4th job I'm picking up doesn't net me any more money, but should provide for good Thesis research.

I'm not doing bad. I've never had a time in my life where I partied all the time. I've had days that I could claim were the best days of my life. I've never really had a time I could call the worst days of my life, but I still have to declare first grade as the longest, best run I've had so far.

Edited cause I still can't spell.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#41]
RIGHT NOW!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You bastard

Stop insulting DK, dammit.

It was this queen:

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#43]
All of my life had good times, it just depends on what I value more now.

I have a lot more money to do things now, but a lot less time to do them.

I would have to say high school and college were my favorite, it may be nostalgia talking, but it sure seemed like I was having great times.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Right now!

I worked hard to get where I am!

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Mid '30s to now.  Once I got my head on straight (After I married Miz LWilde) I began focusing with laser precision on those goals that would get me from there and then to here and now.

I went back to school, got commissioned, finally retired from the military after 28 years service, worked as a defense contractor, moved the hell out of Kalifornistan to the beautiful and rural Commonwealth of Virginia and finally achieved a long-term goal of joining a university faculty.

I guess my favorite time of all was the early '80s, during my tours on a couple of ships in Hawaii.  Hardest job I've ever had, but the most rewarding.  I mean we had a BLAST!  We worked hard and played hard and some of the crazy things those guys did will remain with me forever.  Hell...Miz LWilde and I even shared my stateroom one afternoon after a change of command.  Well...she had to change somewhere...right?   Can I help it if...oh forget that! .

We even had our golden retriever back then.  He is gone now...waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge.

Now is great...but I do have fond memories of those times.  BTW...its' true about the money issue.  We are better off financially than ever before in our lives.  Miz LWilde hasn't worked in seven years.  She is now raising two of our grandchildren (Yes...100% raising!) and we believe in the value of a full time Mommy.  Even so...I'm probably making about 3-4X what I made as a JO...but we always met our needs and then some then...strange.  Money really isn't a big factor after all.  Play and relationships are.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Right now (32yrs old)... I hope the answer is always "right now"

Late teens/early 20s were fun... got away with a lot of stuff... but God has blessed me a great wife, and the stewardship of a house, some nice vehicles, and some neat things to put in it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Now. The present time.

I am married and have two wonderful children.  The best time of my life.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You bastard

It was this queen:

www.livwell.com/richard_s.jpg

Ouch - that was a good burn!  You bastard!

Big Grethe (as we affectionately called her in the regiment) could kick his effeminate ass with one hand tied behind her back - she's not the direct decendant of Viking kings for nothing!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You bastard

It was this queen:

www.livwell.com/richard_s.jpg

Ouch - that was a good burn!  You bastard!

Big Grethe (as we affectionately called her in the regiment) could kick his effeminate ass with one hand tied behind her back - she's not the direct decendant of Viking kings for nothing!

I knew of Beatrix because... (dramatic pause)  

I'm Dutch

(1st gen. American)
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I knew of Beatrix because... (dramatic pause)  

I'm Dutch

(1st gen. American)

Maybe you'll finally take some of the heat off me
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top