Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 4:37:10 PM EDT
I heard about this ammo years ago but do not recall if it was good or bad. My AR seems to prefer the 62grn ss109/M855 w/a 1x9 twist. Anyone here remember this stuff? T_I_A!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoots okay in my Mini-14. No problems.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Norinco M193 was excellent ammo, very accurate, clean burning, and the jackets were a little on the thin side, full M193 velocity.  I wish I could find some more.  Ops
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I use to use it back in the 80's & 90's and it worked fine in my DAEWOO but I do remember the brass was brittle and experienced split necks on numerous occasions.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thunderbolt: I personally didn't have any problems with that brand. I've even reloaded a bunch of them, as I recall I would experience the normal neck splits from being sized too many times, but not from the 1st firing. That is interesting, could it be that you chamber could be a little on the large size?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I just remember a lot of flash with it out of my MT6551. It didn't jam or anything bad, just the flash was memorable at dusk.

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Shoot fine for me. Still have a wooden case of the stuff!  IIRC 1200 rounds in the case
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thunderbolt: I personally didn't have any problems with that brand. I've even reloaded a bunch of them, as I recall I would experience the normal neck splits from being sized too many times, but not from the 1st firing. That is interesting, could it be that you chamber could be a little on the large size?

I remember some split in the first firing and also had a couple punctured primers, when I fired it made an odd "hissing" sound and delayed firing and white smoke came out from the receiver, also some of the rounds were so loose, that you could turn the bullet by twisting with your fingers! most of it was relaible but I think it was just a bad batch?

my favorite ammo when I could find it was the KOREAN 5.56 ammo in the brown cardboard box made at
the Pusan arsenal in the ROK, it had lots of muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thunderbolt: Yep, possible bad batch. Anybody else had any problems?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top