Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 1:14:06 PM EDT
I have a very slight desire to MOVE AWAY, relocate... so I am posting this thread to deal with it... sp to speak, or maybe get some good ideas...

I currently live in Oklahoma, I have lived on the east coast and the west coast...

I have been to Montana, loved it..

The state would havew to be gun friendly, have either a CWL law or open carry or both.. good hunting and fishing, with lots of public lands....

Employment, I am currently a line mechanic in a factory.....

So whats it like where you live...

Texas is a contender, as well as Montana, Florida, northern part of the state, or the pacific Northwest, BUT NO CALI, not even thinking about going back there..

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
DFW
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, DFW area is too crowded.  Go somewhere else.  Although I'd have to agree that it's not a bad place to call home.  I live about 40 miles North of "the mess" that is Dallas and it's pretty cool for now.  Although they are building like it's going out of style.  Crazy!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
, with lots of public lands....

Most of the East Coast is out...   The parks here are for you to look at the 'purdy birds' for the most part.  I get jealous of the AZ guys who can just go into the desert and plink away.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Cali...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Texas Gulf Coast is pretty decent...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tennessee

From someone who knows both.....Mississippi.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cali...

You are gonna burn for that one, you do know that right?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you even need to think about this one? What's wrong with Montana, or Idaho. Maybe even AK. Ok, I can see the daylight thing being an issue, but I think ID or MT would be great places to live.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do you even need to think about this one? What's wrong with Montana, or Idaho. Maybe even AK. Ok, I can see the daylight thing being an issue, but I think ID or MT would be great places to live.

YEP!!   or maybe Spokane
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Look into northern Michigan.  Lots of hunting, fishing, ccw.  

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cali...

I'm already burning...what's one more?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Alaska

Heck I live in MI and me and my older brother are planning to escape to AK as soon as we get out of schoolhippie.gif
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cali...

OK, I will let you off this time, just let me get satan on the speed dial.........

OK done, although he was disappointed, he had a BBQ all planned and everything.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cali...

Arent we all.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I hear Iraq has been declared as our 52nd state, soon to be the 51st when we drop Germany.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have a very slight desire to MOVE AWAY, relocate... so I am posting this thread to deal with it... sp to speak, or maybe get some good ideas...

I currently live in Oklahoma, I have lived on the east coast and the west coast...

The state would havew to be gun friendly, have either a CWL law or open carry or both.. good hunting and fishing, with lots of public lands....

Texas is a contender, as well as Montana, Florida, northern part of the state, or the pacific Northwest, BUT NO CALI, not even thinking about going back there..

Whats wrong with Oklahoma?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cali...

OK, I will let you off this time, just let me get satan on the speed dial.........

OK done, although he was disappointed, he had a BBQ all planned and everything.....

Damn, I was supposed to go to that bbq...Got side tracked by a bunch of strippers...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats wrong with Oklahoma?

BORED with it, and my life here, just bored, thinking a change would be good..... just thinking..
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cali...

Damn, I was supposed to go to that bbq...Got side tracked by a bunch of strippers...

GOT PICS....
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cali...

GOT PICS....

Believe it or not, but I did have pics...they disappeared after my harddrive crashed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Texas is great but there is not an abundance of public land to go hunting or shooting on.  We have the national forests in east texas and the national grasslands up in the panhandle area and I am sure there are more that I have not heard of.  We would sure welcome you to Texas and DFW area so come on down!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YEP!!   or maybe Spokane

I posted a question to the guys in the Washington Hometown Forum asking their opinion between WA and ID and if WA was going the way of the PRK (concentrated liberal cities fucking up the rest of a great state).

The unanimous response was "YES! It is.”

I'm settled on Northern ID.  If necessary it's close enough to Spokane for work and “big city” needs but ID (or MT.) is FAR less likely to tip the scales to the “dark side” in my lifetime than Washington is.

BTW I LOVE Washington and think the Seattle area and Puget Sound are some of the most beautiful spots on Earth.  Too bad it's become a wretched hive of liberal scum and villainy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Atlanta's fun if you are single. I cannot believe how much fornication goes on down here. I should have moved here at age 18. The local people have sex on the brain.

If you liked Montana (were you ever there in the winter?) you might like northern Minnesota.

Washington State west of the mountains is gorgeous.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Of all the places in the Lower 48 I've been to, I like northern New Mexico the most. Santa Fe-Taos

"Not bad": Seattle, Portland, Flagstaff AZ

"No way": Hawaii, LA, San Francisco, Dallas, Florida, Washington DC, Minnesota, Albuquerque NM, Boston, Phoenix
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#26]
San Angelo, TX!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Come down to Houston! The cost of living is low. You really get your money's worth. It's also a very friendly city; as all Texas cities are.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I've lived in Bozeman, MT on and off for 6-7 years. There is no better place in the summer, all three months of it. If you don't mind a lot of cold temps and snow, go for it.
The job market and pay scale is pretty rough, and Montana is one of the poorest states in the union. Lots of hunting and fishing. Plenty of open land. I got a CCW without any hassle.
If you want to make a lot of money MT is not the place. If you want to enjoy the outdoors and the mountains, it's the shit.
Idaho is nice, there are more people and more work opportunities, I think I would live in ID next time.  The panhandle is very senic.
P.S.  I left because I was tired of being broke all the time, I'm back in school so I can get a real job.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#29]
colorado springs,

Denver is too liberal, TX is a good choice, but the weather in Houston sucks.

m4
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Of all the places in the Lower 48 I've been to, I like northern New Mexico the most. Santa Fe-Taos

I had a friend that moved to Taos.  According to him if you're young & single, Taos is a fate worse than hell.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a friend that moved to Taos.  According to him if you're young & single, Taos is a fate worse than hell.

And expensive!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top