Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 1:11:45 PM EDT
Hola.

Well, I got another ticket today. And worst thing about it all, it's not even my fault, although it's an easy one to get fixed.

Sherriff's department caught me speeding on 8700 W. Cleburne Rd. They followed me for about 3 miles, whereupon they flipped the lights on and I pulled over. I was in a bad stop for a traffic stop, so they had me pull up to the light and make a right-hand turn. Here's a list of the offenses they could have nailed me for:

Speeding-55 in a 40 (whipped around a corner a little bit too fast, spotted the Sherrif, tapped my brakes, downshifted)
Faulty brake lights
no insurance card
no Drivers license on person

Here's what I ended up getting:

Citation for not having a current insurance card

I do know during the four miles plus they got a good view of my (3) GWB For pres bumper stickers, and my "Effin' Kerry" photoshop taped to the bottom rear of the window (to provide shade for my speakers, so they aren't seen). Maybe they are just as pissed off at Kerry as I am, and decided to give me, a young guy with a SQUEAKY clean record a break?  I don't know, because I didn't have the balls to ask.

So tommorow I am going to go get my valid insurance card from my parents, and get this taken care of.  Gotta love Texas......

Ben

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Speeding, with faulty brake lights, no insurance & no license... they should have brought an ass whooping with them when they pulled you over.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually DO have a valid insurance card and a VALID drivers license-neither were in the car or in my pocket at the time.

They didn't even care to look at the baseball bat in the backseat...wow  Ben
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Johnson County? (Cleburne Road)

I'm a LEO and even I know about those goofballz. Are they still (illegally) trolling I-35W, which happens to be DPS jurisdiction and NOT theirs?

I went down there several years ago to train with their department. Their canine handler had a poor, flea-bitten POS puppy using it for a drug dog. I threatened to whip his ass personally if I saw him beat his dog again. The concept of positive reenforcement of canines was totally lost on those pricks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hola.

Well, I got another ticket today. And worst thing about it all, it's not even my fault, although it's an easy one to get fixed.

Sherriff's department caught me speeding on 8700 W. Cleburne Rd. They followed me for about 3 miles, whereupon they flipped the lights on and I pulled over. I was in a bad stop for a traffic stop, so they had me pull up to the light and make a right-hand turn. Here's a list of the offenses they could have nailed me for:

Speeding-55 in a 40 (whipped around a corner a little bit too fast, spotted the Sherrif, tapped my brakes, downshifted)
Faulty brake lights
no insurance card
no Drivers license on person

Here's what I ended up getting:

Citation for not having a current insurance card

I do know during the four miles plus they got a good view of my (3) GWB For pres bumper stickers, and my "Effin' Kerry" photoshop taped to the bottom rear of the window (to provide shade for my speakers, so they aren't seen). Maybe they are just as pissed off at Kerry as I am, and decided to give me, a young guy with a SQUEAKY clean record a break?  I don't know, because I didn't have the balls to ask.

So tommorow I am going to go get my valid insurance card from my parents, and get this taken care of.  Gotta love Texas......

Ben

Now, just exactly how is it that this is not your fault?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in Johnson county, but I was pulled over in Tarrant. Not really sure, I was headed towards Hulen attempting to make my english class.

Early this morning I had given my parents the overdue 106$ for my monthly insurance. I asked my dad before he left to leave the card out on the counter for me.  My mom ended up with two cards, and my dad with one, meaning I had to go without one.

When I go to walmart tonight, it's 50mph there, 50mph back on Wilshire ave. How
Ben
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top