Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 6:37:36 AM EDT
I heard about this story on the radio this morning. One schmuck was saying "this is why we need to have more gun control". Unfortunately, the truth and the details rarely matter to the gun grabbers. It's the hype that counts. A couple of these stories and the AWB push will get new life!

www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/news-14/108384564698920.xml

This story refers to "automatic" weapon, but the story I heard on the radio said "assault rifle". But like I said, left wing terminology doesn't matter. It's the hype that counts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Fully automatic weapons are controlled!

Oh wait, i doubt the weapon(s) used where registered in the NFA  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
A side benefit of the Iraq conflict is that it gives the Democrats something to harp on other than guns.

One of the reasons getting Bush elected is so important is because a couple of SCOTUS judges will likely retire.  We will always be fighting the legislative fight until the SCOTUS declares that the RKBA is an individual right, and not a right for the states to have National Guards.  Never take your eye off this prize.

Only the Media, and Democrats from block voting urban areas will banter about gun control in the coming months.  Those with a viable Republican opponent will be giving the hand across the neck "cut it off" signal to their Democratic comrades when they start up the gun thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the story that I heard on the Radio:

2 men killed, 2 children wounded in Highland Park shooting

The Associated Press
5/6/2004, 6:41 a.m. ET

HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. (AP) — Two men were shot to death and two young children of one victim were wounded as they sat in a car Thursday, authorities say.

About 60 shots were fired, said Wayne County sheriff's Cmdr. James Buford.

"It appeared to be some kind of a rifle, perhaps an assault rifle," he told WWJ-AM.

The shooting happened about 2:15 a.m. on a residential street in the low-income city of Highland Park, which is surrounded by Detroit, authorities told WDIV-TV.

The children were described as an 8-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy, children of one of the dead men. The men had been in the front seat and the children in the back, authorities said.

The boy was shot in the leg and the girl received a grazing injury. They were taken into a nearby house, then to Henry Ford Hospital.

Buford said one man died in the car and the other man fled the car and collapsed next to a house.

www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/news-14/108383874279220.xml
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Get used to it...there may not be a Million Moms; but there are damn sure a million anti-gun sycophants in the media who will be looking for an excuse to give them attention in the coming week.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#5]

The shooting happened about 2:15 a.m. on a residential street in the low-income city of Highland Park, which is surrounded by Detroit, authorities told WDIV-TV.

Wonder what they were doing at that hour...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#6]
YEa really? Where was the Mom, and they should have been home in bed, like the kids of us evil gun owners were!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

One of the reasons getting Bush elected is so important is because a couple of SCOTUS judges will likely retire.  We will always be fighting the legislative fight until the SCOTUS declares that the RKBA is an individual right, and not a right for the states to have National Guards.  Never take your eye off this prize.

This really is the main reason I (reluctantly) decided to vote for Bush this year.  Plus Arkansas may become a battleground state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top