Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 7:24:43 PM EDT
I was just thinking how I could profit from disabling their car.  I could either offer them $200 for the car, remove the potato then sell it for $1000 in the same week, or offer to fix it for $200 or so.  Pretend to look under the hood, etc, then just pry out the spud.

What think you?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]

sounds good to me
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
profitting from peoples ignorance is..................well................just down right fun!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you should spend about three thousand dollars on Anger Management classes.

While you're at it, shell out a fifty for a Morals Refresher.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I see you live your sig line there, buddy!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think you should spend about three thousand dollars on Anger Management classes.

I think it sounds like he is "managing" his anger quite well!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
Thou shalt not steal.

Just of few ideas, I didn't come up with them on my own however someone else wrote them long ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not so much "managing" as "focusing".
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be ok, but you got to spend the profits on gun stuff.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]
What goes around comes around!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#11]
do it but onley if you use the money for guns
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Look up the definition of karma.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Look up the definition of karma.

Hmmm....well, maybe I'M the agent of karma here.  Because lord knows these folks have really had it coming with their jerky kids peeling out and roaring down the streets everyday.  Maybe by screwing them over, I am bringing a karmic balance to the universe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I always thought bananas worked better. Then again if they have a Ford just remove one wire of the starter solenoid.  Arvin "bad advice given at no charge"
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]
what's your beef with your neighbor?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]
There is nothing funner then pulling a fast one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There is nothing funner then pulling a fast one.

or speeking proper Engrish
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What goes around comes around!

Yup.

This is funny and all...but remember....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#19]
damn sarge, do you ever sleep?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not so much "managing" as "focusing".

Hey, whatever works for you!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:39:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Take out the spud and call it even.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:14:24 AM EDT
[#22]
voulnteer to help but put another spud in- just to be sure...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Only if he is Paul Podhorn.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#24]
It's your soul and now reputation that's taking the hit.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Karma.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd say no from the ethical standpoint, but I'll give you a practical reason as well.   Their screwing around with the motor trying to get the damn thing to run has probably fubared the car beyond all hope of repair.   It's going to be a LOT more trouble than just a potato removal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Karma.

See my reply here

If it's any consolation to you, I just placed a "found" ad in the local rag.  On my way home from work this morning, I saw a nearly new commercial weedeater laying on the side of the road.  Looking at where it landed, it looks like one of the local landscaping yokels took a turn a little too hard, and lost his weedeater.

A couple of years ago, I found a big ass JobBox next to the road.  Ran a found ad on that one, too.  I ended up getting a spray in bedliner at cost on that one.  I had priced the liner on my way home from work.  Found the box between there and home.  Ran a found ad.  Turns out that the guy who lost $2k worth of tools was friends with the girl who ran the Line-X franchise.

I don't believe in karma.  I believe in me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#28]
If you do that, then you will have to run for congress.

If you do this then you  have no MORALS and if you are found out then you will be on a perpetual shitlist.  This is something a fucked up liberal would do and justify it as "it's for their own good".

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#29]
If they are not smart enough to notice no exhaust emmitence or sound at all then they probably have no clue!    And If you find the problem right away well you get the picture!

Just hope they have a sense of humour,and no latent David Carradine or Chuck Norris tendancies!

I would say MUMS the word(it is close to mothers day)!  And this is the mother of them all!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#30]
raven, you're the man!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd remove the spud, but wouldn't take the cash.  Caution that the high revvings loosened some parts that you "tightened" up.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'd remove the spud, but wouldn't take the cash.  Caution that the high revvings loosened some parts that you "tightened" up.  

There is no high revvings,It would not start!!!   I had the return line on my airless stop up(filter clogged) no spray from nozzel upped pressure with pump primer(pressure blew pin hole in return line paint in my face and all over wall before I could hit off switch)!

Same with car air in ignighton and no where for exhaust gas to go ,valves back pressured,engine dies!  Lots of bad things can happen sensors are just going ape shit!

I would just act the same as I had been tom beringer in the sniper,you have done your deed now you must live with it!  There is no going back!

When they tow it to the shop the mechanics will find it ,and probably will not tell him it is his problem(charging him for lots of things)might even get his kid braces off this potatoe!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I always thought bananas worked better. Then again if they have a Ford just remove one wire of the starter solenoid.  Arvin "bad advice given at no charge"

Same could be accomplished on a lot of Jeeps, Cherokees in particular.

I could easily set on my knees, reach my hand under the rig, feel for a starter solenoid, then feel around that a bit more for the thin wire (obvious difference in thickness), and give it a little tug. Great way to quickly and discreetly disable a vehicle.

Vehicle will not even try to crank over, but all electronics will work as long as your battery stays charged.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top