Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 3:36:29 PM EDT
I was at my parents yesterday to visit my brother as he was leaving to go back to Tajikistan today.
My dad pulled a 3/8" socket out of his pocket & tells me the boys found it in his yard while playing. He was happy at having a new socket for his collection. I took it from him to examine it as the end was all black. He said it was plugged with tobacco & he wanted to use my pipe nail to dig it out. Turns out it's plugged with copper scowering pad material. I new right away it was a crack pipe. I've seen COP's enough times to know. We called the boys & questioned them as to where they found it, & turns out it was near a friends house on the next block not in grandpa's yard! I pulled the screen out, & my dad is going to clean it off & through it in his tool box. My parents live in a nice part of town, so it really makes me wonder how common crack is in our town, & how the socket/pipe ended up in their area. Well at least it wasn't a used neddle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know a whole lot on the subject but I would think it was probably a "pipe" used to smoke weed. Unless of course it had crack in it. I've seen people smoke weed in pipes with the little mesh screens before. Seems like that would be more common than CRACK!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
a Grass or hash pipe...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It was probably thrown out of a passing car's window.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Be sure the kids are telling the truth and watch after them while Pop is gone.  They're young and highly impressionable and you as their Big Brother can keep them from going astray.  You're a good man to do it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Be sure the kids are telling the truth and watch after them while Pop is gone.  They're young and highly impressionable and you as their Big Brother can keep them from going astray.  You're a good man to do it.

I'm actually one's dad, & the others uncle. My brother is on his way to Tajikistan, with his 2 son's as we speak. Neither on of the boys who found the socket/pipe have anything to do with illegal drugs. That I can say with no doubt.
The socket was probably tossed from a car like Cypher said. Just seems out of place in my parents part of town.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#9]
A socket would conduct and retain too much heat to be an effective crack pipe, making it too hot to hold without a tool of thick gloves. Crack takes a large amount of heat to vaporize, comapared to pot. I suspect what you have there is indeed a pot pipe. Should save it for the Christamas exchange, perhaps you'll draw Sgtar15?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]
ah shit man I knew i left that around somewere thanks for finding it

nah im just kidding.

its probly some  dumb teens weed pipe
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit, ya never know what can go on in your 'hood.

A few years ago I was leaving for work and noticed a daytimer laying on the sidewalk in front of a house a few down from mine. I picked it up and tossed it on the floorboard of my truck, figured I'd mess with it when I got to work.

When I got to work I opened it up and SHAZAAAM it was full of the little ziploc bags for coke and a cheap scale, as well as a few phone numbers and names. I took the risk of keeping it until I got home, then called the Phoenix PD and turned it over to them.

I'm damn glad I wasn't pulled over with that shit in my truck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I pulled the screen out, & my dad is going to clean it off & through it in his tool box.

Or not. Especially if his tool box is in his truck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I found one next to a church when I was walking to my schools spring fair.  I was in fourth or fifth grade at the time and was like "wtf is this?"  One of my other friends with a older brother knew what it was and asked for it, so I gave it to him.  He then sold it to one of his brothers friends for 20 bucks.  I also lived in a rather upscale and nice area where from my knowledge drugs are not that prevalent.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds more like a weed pipe.  Crack pipes are normally glass from my expierance.  One of the personal favorites is the get the glass filament from a street light and use a piece of it.  The frosting holds the rock and after awhile it get crack resin so they can get a free hit.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#15]
If it smells like burnt marijuana it is a marijuana pipe, if not probably was used for crack or crank.
These people who are addicted will use anything and do not care if it burns thier lips or fingers.
It is correct that most are glass pipes but a socket, flat aluminum foil or a broken off car antenna will work just fine.  Ever had your antenna broken off? Probably so someone could use it to smoke crack or crank.

How did it get near grandpa's yard?  Doper walking down the street, sees cop, throws it down so he won't get caught with it.  Happens all the time.  Or like said before, thrown out car window.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It was probably thrown out of a passing car's window.

Yep!

I have a major street a couple blocks behind my house that the kids like to cruise......as do the cops. On a few occassions while walking the dog with the kids I've caught them picking up pipes! Have to keep telling my 6 year old daughter to leave things laying on the ground!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:59:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top