Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 2:26:06 PM EDT
Saw this on a news report… WTF?

"In Fallujah, west of Baghdad, the U.S. military distributed leaflets Wednesday inviting residents to apply for compensation for damage done during the Marine siege in April. The military also promised to clean up the streets, improve water facilities and rebuild schools and mosques."

So now the Coalition is even compensating them for the damage WE cause when fighting them when they attack us?

The world's gone mad.  .

ANdy
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF is going on? Damn, I am so sick of this shit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
This is how we win hearts and minds.  Clean up the place, install cable and TV’s in every house and in 10 years they will be complacent sheep just like us.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is how we win hearts and minds.  Clean up the place, install cable and TV’s in every house and in 10 years they will be complacent sheep just like us.  

Some Arab Soap Opera's, Nascar, Pro Wrestling,  Lots of Soccer, junk food, and they will be over weight sheeple real quick!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a good argument for leveling the place and killing everyone in it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
These are probably solatium payments, and are a normal part of wartime operations.

It is a way for the military to pay for inadvertent damage without admitting fault.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
inadvertent damage .

Those Spectres looked to me like they were definately serious about doing the damage .

Andy
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is a good argument for leveling the place and killing everyone in it.

MOAB it in a grid pattern, one bomb every 100 meters.  and to make it better, it will wipe out a few million camel spiders as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Our military -- and I am not talking about our hardworking men and women, I'm talking about the brass now -- are officially a bunch of PC pussies
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Umm, why would we NOT rebuilt buildings we hit there like we are rebuilding the ones we blew up kicking out Saddam?

Next time the town won't be so friendly to the Syrians and Palistinians when they come to town asking for people to put them up while they try to kill infidels.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:16:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Umm, why would we NOT rebuilt buildings we hit there like we are rebuilding the ones we blew up kicking out Saddam?

Next time the town won't be so friendly to the Syrians and Palistinians when they come to town asking for people to put them up while they try to kill infidels.

Trouble with that reasoning is that the Syrians and Palistinians ARE still in town and bragging about how they 'defeated' the US.  .

ANdy
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:51:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't see the big deal. A few tons of rock and a few 2x4's and we're done, right? They'll also need mortar to keep those rocks together, I have no idea where they are going to get all the sand for that but if they look hard enough....

If you live in a shithole and it gets blown up it is still a shithole

Screw em... they are WAY better off now than they were "then". They should be paying us (US) and I would just as soon get a few million barrels of oil so I don't have to pay 2 bucks a gallon at the pump. What the hell are they going to do with the oil now? No more dictator to squander it all.

To me the very least they could do is to let us move in some tankers and say fill em up. Afterall, this was all about oil wasn't it??
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:58:18 AM EDT
[#12]
No doubt orders from the pc monkeys at the top, starting with Bush. The islamic terrorists can also thank Karl Rove and Andew Card for their compensation. Damn polictical-correctness to hell.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#13]
... Proof?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top