Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 8:45:17 AM EDT
This is really getting to be a problem. Arfcomers have recommended some great books for me, and I even went out and bought a couple of them yesterday. But, I have been unable to pull myself away from Arfcom long enough to read more than 20 pages.

So, starting tomorrow, I will be turning off the computer from noon-midnight...for a week. We'll see how well this goes.

Ah, who am I kidding, I'll start at 12:00 tomorrow...and I'll be back by 12:05. I'm going to try though, damnit. I'm already starting to miss it...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The reason your life feels unfullfilled is because you are not spending enough time in the kitchen.  Try this, put on something sexy, get in to kitchen and make pie, then when you hubby comes home grab a tub and 40 boxes of jello.

Let your imagination run wild and see how quickly you become happy again.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Which crossed the road first, the chicken or the egg?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#3]
i'd say for you it's a combination of both.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not easy to miss when you're busy with work or something...there were months at a stretch I didn't even login to check things because I was so busy at work. When I got home, I was too busy playing games trying to not get stressed out about work.

Keep yourself busy doing something, and you'll beat the problem...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The reason your life feels unfullfilled is because you are not spending enough time in the kitchen.  Try this, put on something sexy, get in to kitchen and make pie, then when you hubby comes home grab a tub and 40 boxes of jello.

Let your imagination run wild and see how quickly you become happy again.

SGtar15

And you wonder why your wife is mad at you...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I never did find out btw.  I went fopr another drive three hours later, came home and she was happy again.

Of course she was in the kitchen at that time.

Hmmm........................

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#7]
"I have been unable to pull myself away from Arfcom"

The assimilation process has begun to take hold.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is my life pathetic because I visit Arfcom, or do I visit Arfcom because my life is pathetic?

Either your life is pathetic or it isn't.

Either you choose to spend time here or you don't.

I spend a good bit of time here, so I refuse to acknowledge a direct correlation between the two & I'll kindly ask you not to burst my denial-bubble, thank you very much...  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
We'll need before and after pics to really answer your question.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#10]
It's just a coincidence.

Quoted:
I have been unable to pull myself away from Arfcom long enough to read more than 20 pages.

That's because we're all such great people.  Well, at least some of us are.  Then again . . .

Well, I'm sure there's a good reason.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
The latter. The only friends I have are on here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Is my life pathetic because I visit Arfcom, or do I visit Arfcom because my life is pathetic?

Yes and yes!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yes !
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Wait until you reach 10,000 posts then you can start wondering if you feel pathetic.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Some of us try to be your friend, but you retaliate with mean words like "neo-con" and "ad-hominem".  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us try to be your friend, but you retaliate with mean words like "neo-con" and "ad-hominem".  

Those are terms of endearment.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#17]
cloned bagel says

permission granted
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
www.misplaced.net/stfu/women_internet.jpg

Ahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaa

HA!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

First off let me say if I had cute little 'chickie' snack like that at home, I would never be on ARFCOM. But as I don't, the wife is starting to rag on me pretty regularly these days, she wonders what could possibly be so entertaining, I tell her get your ass in the kitchen and make me a ham samich bitch!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No one to cook for at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then clean!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Im on methadone to cut back on this place
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I tried to go cold turkey once. Now I'm wanted for murder in mexico.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Diablo and Diablo 2 can make you forget about a linear concept of time.  Kick ass games, both.

CB, you are here to restore our faith that women can have coherent and intelligent thought processes.    There is a purpose for everything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Well my life is pathetic for many reasons.  But not to hijack this into the top 8 reasons I should beat my head in with a brick.  Im on ar15.com because it keeps me entertained.  Watching TV pisses me off, I go into some kinda of panic attack thing in crowds, I dont fit in, and I dont enjoy much.  

When Im on here it keeps me entertained and keeps my thhough  process busy.  If Im doing nothing I start thinking and it leaves me to think of how life sucks.  This is one reason Im normally depressed around 2-6am because there is nothing to keep me going.  As for reading I like to read but I perfer something like a board thats moving and changing.  Also books are about $7 I can read 1 a night easy that gets expensive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Well my life is pathetic for many reasons.  But not to hijack this into the top 8 reasons I should beat my head in with a brick.  Im on ar15.com because it keeps me entertained.  Watching TV pisses me off, I go into some kinda of panic attack thing in crowds, I dont fit in, and I dont enjoy much.  

When Im on here it keeps me entertained and keeps my thhough  process busy.  If Im doing nothing I start thinking and it leaves me to think of how life sucks.  This is one reason Im normally depressed around 2-6am because there is nothing to keep me going.  As for reading I like to read but I perfer something like a board thats moving and changing.  Also books are about $7 I can read 1 a night easy that gets expensive.

Zoloft works wonders for the symptoms above!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, Zoloft worked for me throwing up for 3 days, granted I looked happy but I was more pissed off after heaving my guts up.  Granted food poising was worse but it still wasnt diserable.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Libraries are your friend.

I know how it is, I'm too cheap to buy books too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#32]
You are pathetic.

Let's just leave it at that.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:41:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Libraries are your friend.

I know how it is, I'm too cheap to buy books too.

Books getting too expensive? Well there is always Guns & Ammo
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then clean!

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#35]
the simple idiom is thus grasshopper,

there is no answer to your question - because they are one in the same.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#36]
You have an uncontrollable fetish for older balding fat guys....give in to your desires!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Diablo and Diablo 2 can make you forget about a linear concept of time...

Amen.

"My name is HardShell, and I am a recovering Diabloholic."

I didn't even buy Diablo II because of how hooked I once was (albeit briefly) on the original.  I was so proud of myself for resisting the temptaion...  then I discovered ARFCOM!    Oh, well...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, Zoloft worked for me throwing up for 3 days, granted I looked happy but I was more pissed off after heaving my guts up.  Granted food poising was worse but it still wasnt diserable.

Ever try 45ACP?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried to go cold turkey once. Now I'm wanted for murder in mexico.

That's funny!

TRG
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#40]
CB, I cannot answer to your set of circumstances. But in my case, it is definately because my life is pathetic. I spend a huge amount of time here cruising the boards for entertainment. While the time here is a source of amusement, I have also learned a lot over the years.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Diablo heads...try spellforce.......cloning bagels.....I can't think of anything that won't be sexist or just plain rude...so I'll just shaddup....
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Cheech and Chong????

" I used to be all messed up on drugs, now I am all messed up on the Lord" insert Arfcom insted of "Lord".
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#43]
For me, Arfcom is my source for entertainment, information, and news.  There isn't a damn thing worth watching on TV nowadays, so that's out.  Every day I wake up, shower, log on to Arfcom, go to class, come home, log on to Arfcom... for several hours... I might play some Desert Combat somewhere in there, or do some reloading, or clean guns, or do some other odd project but for the most part I am on Arfcom all day or looking at gun-related websites.  I have no job.  I have to do odd jobs for my family to get a little spending money.  After next week, when school is out, I'll have a full-time job again.  Even when I have money, my life is pretty much the same.  I get out, I do things, but when I have spare time I want to relax and do things I enjoy... and Arfcom happens to be something I enjoy.  I get all my news from this place and stay WAY ahead of anyone I know.  A friend or family member will tell me about some news headline they just heard, and I respond with "You just heard that?  That's old news."

I mean, really, what would you consider to be a non-pathetic life?  Visiting Arfcom doesn't make anyone pathetic, this place is the shit.  Someone please explain what a person with a life that isn't pathetic does everyday...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Unfortunately, we won't be able to give you an accurate answer until we see a naked picture of you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Taxman, whenever I think I'm to depressed and twisted, I just read your posts and realize at least I'm not the most depressed and twisted human being.  But in all seriousness you gotta cheer up or something, if I ever swing down south I'm dragging you to a strip club, you gotta cheer up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top