Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 7:58:50 AM EDT
how would you interprete the meaning of this parable from the Talmud?

There once lived and man with two wives, one younger the other older. The younger wife not wishing for her husband to appear old, would pluck out his grey hairs every night. The older wife not wishing to appear older than her husband would pluck his black hairs. The result of course is that the man was left bald.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

There once lived and man with two wives, one younger the other older. The younger wife not wishing for her husband to appear old, would pluck out his grey hairs every night. The older wife not wishing to appear older than her husband would pluck his black hairs. The result of course is that the man was left bald.

Don't have two wives, for trying to please too many will wear you out?

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
WOMEN ARE EVIL BLOODSUCKERS WHO WILL PICK A MAN APART ONE HAIR AT A TIME.

Course, I could be wrong
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
he can have a 3-some when ever he want's
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

after much research I've come up with....[edited]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Bitches are crazy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The women cared not for their husband, but only for themselves and their own vanity.

Choose wisely when taking a wife...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I love parables.
There could be, of course, more than one possible interpretation.

1) Don't try to turn something into something it is not.
2) Don't concentrate on the flaws of others, but on their strengths.
3) Be greatful for what you have.
4) You can't please all the people all the time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The women cared not for their husband, but only for themselves and their own vanity.

Choose wisely when taking a wife...

I like this one the best.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Some bald men are lucky!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Morale of the story: if you think you can not only handle one but /two/ JAPs, they'll pick ya clean.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Morale of the story: if you think you can not only handle one but /two/ JAPs, they'll pick ya clean.

My cousin married one of those. She only gets 10k/month in child support now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't understand why any man would want two wives...one is more than enough for any sane man.  If this jackass had two he deserved to be bald...crazy bastard!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#13]
The moral of the story is this:  You can't please everyone.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#14]
awe man!!

my very first ever edited for content post in what...6 years????..and by Ed Sr. himself.
Today is truly a special day

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like he's missing his right nut.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Two plucking women will cause your hair to fall out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Just what I was going to say. Although some of the other posts are pretty funny.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Each wife, took it upon themselves to do what THEY thought was best for their husband. In the end, their meddling caused him to loose all of the hair he had.

Very similar to the way politics in this country is shaking out right now. Two sides are doing what THEY think is best for the people. In the end, we'll be left with nothing!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Simple, try pleasing everyone you end up pleasing no one and ultimately you pay the price.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know what it means but that is why they keep their womenz under thumb and uneducated etc.  They cannot be trusted to think for themselves after a crazy stunt like that!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Moral of the story:

Nuke the shithole from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Meaning: (and I can't believe no one has come up with this yet)

I like pie.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I don't know what it means but that is why they keep their womenz under thumb and uneducated etc.  They cannot be trusted to think for themselves after a crazy stunt like that!!!

Keep a Jewish woman under your thumb? Are you freaking nuts??????

The Neutral Observer first knew that his wife loved him when she started bossing him around.  That woman rules this household like a tyrant.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Meaning:  Trying to please everyone will only come at your expense
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Simple, try pleasing everyone you end up pleasing no one and ultimately you pay the price.

Tj

Whoops, TJ and sgtar15 said it first.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#26]
This guy sleeps like a rock.  Two women staying up nights plucking hairs out of his skull and he doesn't even wake up?  Geeez.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Get rid of the old wife!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Man with two wives, twice as likely to get balled?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top