Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 7:58:17 AM EDT
Not sure this was posted in GD, but here is the scan of the actual letter I received.

Ignorant?  Sounds like it...

Further, notice his mention of the other pending Senate Bill S.2109..........hopefully it dies on the Senate floor...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
How could AWB use in crime drop 65% when the DOJ says they were used in less than 2% of crimes before the ban and less than 2 % of crimes ater the ban? And where is that ass getting his info from, everything I've seen from both sides shows that the ban had little to no effect at all on AW use in crimes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How could AWB use in crime drop 65% when the DOJ says they were used in less than 2% of crimes before the ban and less than 2 % of crimes ater the ban? And where is that ass getting his info from, everything I've seen from both sides shows that the ban had little to no effect at all on AW use in crimes.

it went from 2% to .7%.

Insignificant either way.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I received the exact same canned response.  Warner is a tool.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Aren't AK variants made here in the US now???  Neutered to comply with the 3 evil features list, but still made.......right?

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Read this response to his canned response.  

www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/takingaim/senator.htm
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Read this response to his canned response.  

www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/takingaim/senator.htm

Link is bad....
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#7]
He's smokin' crack.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Same letter I received.  I've tried to write a response but each time I start i get disgusted and start over.  I really think he's losing his mind.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it went from 2% to .7%.

Insignificant either way.

Crime with them went down, yet according to MMM,VPC and the like traces for AWs by the BATFE went up? Well why would they have to trace more AWs if the law was working?

Sorry couldn't resist.

I'm still working to convince Feingold that the Protection in lawful commerce act is a good thing, but he still don't seem to think so. But hey if he can come around and see the AWB for the BS failure that it is there could be some hope. Right?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/takingaim/senator.htm

Copy and paste the link into your browser.  Its not taking referrals from this site for some reason.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds to me like he is lying through his teeth.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Typical doublespeak:

rights of law abiding gun owners

Translation:  I can make any law I want, and if you don't abide by it, you don't fall into the category I wish to protect 'law abiding gun owners'.  Hence, the above statement is useless.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it just me, or are the words "evolved" "grown" and "matured" when used in reference to a politician or political position always code for "now just like a communist?"
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not sure where I heard it, but supposedly Warner is not going to seek re-election.  If that is the case, then the sorry bastard knows that he can screw the people as much as he wants.  If that is the case, I pray that a truly pro-gun senator, not just one who pays lip service to gun rights, is elected in his place.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Also, the AWB never banned possession of so called assault weapons, just the manufacture of new ones.  It is very good to know that if criminals can't get ARs with bayonet lugs on them that they go out and get jobs instead!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I did receive a letter from Orrin Hatch saying he was against the AWB and reinstatement of it.  I was floored that I even got a reply.  But very happy that I did.  I just figured that I was one of the insignificant of the masses.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Further, notice his mention of the other pending Senate Bill S.2109..........hopefully it dies on the Senate floor...

Can't trust 'em boyz. 2109 is only a 10 year extension, but it's obviously 10 years too long. Glad I went ahead and bought my preban anyway--just in case.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Also, the AWB never banned possession of so called assault weapons, just the manufacture of new ones.  

....you mean just new ones without certain cosmetic features.......
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#19]
That's the same letter everyone got.
There's a saying: "If you're young and not a liberal you have no heart; if you're old and not a conservative you have no mind".
Looks like Warner is old and not a conservative.....
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That's the same letter everyone got.

Really? Senators used canned letters?  No way.....

I was posting the scanned image so people could read the EXACT letter, not my paraphrased version of it.....

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm not sure where I heard it, but supposedly Warner is not going to seek re-election.  If that is the case, then the sorry bastard knows that he can screw the people as much as he wants.  If that is the case, I pray that a truly pro-gun senator, not just one who pays lip service to gun rights, is elected in his place.

Vote for I and watch the draconian laws not get a vote.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#22]
It's interesting to note how many elected types pound their chests about how they support "law-abiding" gun owners and hunters, and that they believe in the 2nd Amendment, yet, with every law they seek to pass, aim to curb those same rights that are guaranteed to us.

Professional doublespeak. No more, no less.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY THE LAW. PUNISHING LAW ABIDING CITIZENS FOR THE UNRULY AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR OF CRIMINALS, IS PURE MADNESS. THERE CAN BE NO ARGUMENT HERE. ANY ATTEMPT TO ARGUE THIS POINT IS A CLEAR SIGN OF DETERIORATING MENTAL HEALTH WHICH REQUIRES IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM GOVERNMENTAL POSITIONS AND PROMPT RELOCATION TO THE NEAREST INSANE ASYLUM.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Send him some follow up questions. I bet any second letter gets ignored.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Send him some follow up questions. I bet any second letter gets ignored.

I believe the last follow-up I sent him was the same letter sent back again.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#26]
SENATORS need to be informed of all correct stats and info before they make decisions, it was clear that Mr. Warner didnt know shit about them and we have to suffer losing our rights because he was misinformed!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Now getting rid of Senator Warner...that something we Virginian's CAN do something about.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Now getting rid of Senator Warner...that something we Virginian's CAN do something about.

Already in the works
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top