Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 1:34:52 AM EDT
I just got rid of my computer.  Well I beat the shit out of it and gave what was left away.

I need a new computer, monitor, keyboard mouse, etc..

What are some good deals for mid range stuff, nothing fancy I dont play games that much anymore.

Give me a link to any good prices you see.

Other alternative will be to build it but if I do that Im going all out and I'll end up spending valuable gun money.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Step 1: Break into neighbors house and steal computer
Step 2: Set up computer in your house
Step 3: Dance
Step 4: Buy guns with money you saved
Step 5: Profit
Step 6: RING RING RING RING BANANAPHONE

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Step 1: Break into neighbors house and steal computer
Step 2: Set up computer in your house
Step 3: Dance
Step 4: Buy guns with money you saved
Step 5: Profit
Step 6: RING RING RING RING BANANAPHONE

image.hostcubix.com/getimg.php?img=Gism0.jpg

Clearly the cheapest
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Baught one at compusa, $500 every thing but the monitor.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:50:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wallyworld.

Yep or one of the Dell specials.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!! You're gettin' a DELL!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:04:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wallyworld.

I dont want to mess with the emachines the 2 I have worked with before had lots of problems  and it would end up costing me more after I destroy the first one with a buttstock of a rifle.

As for neighbors I dont know who has the cool stuff.  If Im stealing Im gonna steal the rims and tires of that Impala I saw down the street, I need a 2nd set.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:05:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sam's club

How did you manage to bust the monitor, keyboard and mouse?

I threw the mouse against the wall.  Beat the kayboard agiant the tower or monitor I dont remember which.  Threw punches into the tower it fell off desk and 1 side of case came off.  I then used to to beat it more.  I slammed it on the monitor from the top and it stopped coming on after that.

And No I dont have pics.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sam's club

I threw the mouse against the wall.  Beat the kayboard agiant the tower or monitor I dont remember which.  Threw punches into the tower it fell off desk and 1 side of case came off.  I then used to to beat it more.  I slammed it on the monitor from the top and it stopped coming on after that.

And No I dont have pics.

I see that you have some issues.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#11]
DRMO
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Build one!!!

These guys build too, excellent Cust. service and are located in Tucker, GA!! Good prices!  Excellent Selection of Cases too!!
www.monarchcomputer.com/  

I usually use Newegg for my buying needs, excellent Cust. Service, fast shipping, great prices!
www.newegg.com/
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wallyworld.

Yep or one of the Dell specials.

No kidding; there's a good one Expiring Today over at techbargains.com:

$699 2.8Ghz Dimension 4600 with 17" LCD, May 4

New deal Ends Wed 5/5. Dell Small Business has a new Outrageous Deal - Dimension 4600 desktop P4-2.8Ghz/533Mhz Bus 256MB Dual Channel DDR333/40GB HD, 17" LCD Flat Panel, Free 48x CDRW, Ethernet, 6 months ISP, Free Microsoft Office 2003 Basic (Save $100), XP Home $699 after $200 rebate. Free shipping, tax is charged. $59 more for P4-3.06Ghz with HT Tech.

Click on Outrageous Deals text link in middle area, Click on Desktops, Customize it on $449 Dimension, select Save $150 17 in E172FP Flat Panel Display

The 4600 includes these features the basic Dimension 2400 does not: AGP 8x slot, Serial ATA ports, integrated 5.1 sound, dual channel DDR memory.

$200 rebate Exp 5/5/04

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought an Emachine box from Compusa for 299 bucks last year.  1.8G Celery, 40 GB HD.  Pretty basic, but it has the up to date software I needed.

I would rather buy a new dirt cheap computer every year than a cutting edge computer every five.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sam's club

And No I dont have pics.

Mr. Taxman, because of your name I have to ask, did you do this to the computer on April 15th?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sam's club

And No I dont have pics.

www.vitasync.com/anger_management?OVRAW=anger%20management&OVKEY=anger%20management&OVMTC=standard
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#17]
e-Machines have done well with the handful that I've had people buy and the one I bought.

e-Machines got bought up by Gateway so I don't know what the quality is now.

My father bought a 2.4 Ghz/40 Gb/256 Mb/XP Home machine, a 17" monitor, an IBM color printer (with sample size ink cartridges ), and a color flat bed scanner for $399 after three different rebates 16 months ago during Christmas. It's still working fine.

The laptop that I use for the university classes I teach is an e-Machine. I use it primarily to do PowerPoint slides but it's also used for packet sniffing and as a test bed for virus infections and trojan installations . Works like a charm. The Dell I have costs twice as much and is just about as fast. No Wi-Fi in the Dell though and the e-Machine has a nice wide display good for DVD's and the new Office XP format where there's always a large tool bar on the right-hand side of the screen (until you dismiss it)
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#18]
www.tigerdirect.com

Looking for one myself. We are thinking about giving her our old Gateway just because the thing is so damn noisy.  The HD has whined from day one and we just cant take it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sam's club

And No I dont have pics.

ROFLMFAO!!!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sam's club

And No I dont have pics.

Mr. Taxman, because of your name I have to ask, did you do this to the computer on April 15th?

No I did it last week after my car getting fucked up again.  I was already pissed after a shitty week at work.  I was already hating life and looking for something to destroy, it was the first thing to cross my path.

Im really weighing how much I enjoy my computer.  I never really use it except on weekends, and then its just Ar15.com mainly.  Im thinking atleast $600 for computer could instead be new guns or ammo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#21]
They're all the same now go here for best prices:  www.pricewatch.com/

I recently bought a P4 2.8 from Ascentech here with a base price of $325.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#22]
just picked up a refurbished dell 2400 2.4 gig for 259, delievered :)
good internet computer...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top