Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/4/2004 6:21:57 PM EDT
I really liked her alot.  I feel like i just got punched in the stomach.  She said she needed space.  Just need to get that out.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Lifes a bitch.  Learn, then move on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You don't lose girlfriends in Maryland, you just lose your turn.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
its a bummer man.

but dont fret. theres another fly honey with a tiny booty out there waiting for ya.

heres a tip toget you feeling better. enroll for one semester at you local community college.

thats how i met my fiance.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
As much as it hurts right now, things will get better. Pain like this does go away with time. Right now just keep that in mind, spend time with friends and family, and when your head is a little clearer look back and try and figure out what happened.  If need be you can talk to her then, though if she says she needs space it is probably best to let it be and deal with things on your own. I am sorry man.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
man, that does suck.

Treat yourself to something nice......
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry dude

IMHO the worst thing to do is to dwell on it. Just say to hell with her and move on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you thank her for opening up a great opportunity for YOU?

Then there's that classic video link someone had posted a while back --- involving the girlfriend's Mom...
Anybody have that link?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#8]
We've all been there and know how you feel.  Cut her loose (emotionally) and don't look back.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Were both 16 y/o.  She said things at home were chaotic and that it wasn't fair that she couldn't focus on me.  She said she likes me.  She just needs some time/space.  I asked her if this means she didn't want to see me anymore.  She said yes and that i don't know how hard this is for her.  She doesn't like to hurt anyone.  I think she was trying to let me down easy.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Were both 16 y/o.  She said things at home were chaotic and that it wasn't fair that she couldn't focus on me.  She said she likes me.  She just needs some time/space.  I asked her if this means she didn't want to see me anymore.  She said yes and that i don't know how hard this is for her.  She doesn't like to hurt anyone.  I think she was trying to let me down easy.  

I've gotten the same story...but from guys. It sucks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Then there's that classic video link someone had posted a while back --- involving the girlfriend's Mom...
Anybody have that link?

www.ebaumsworld.com/homebase.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What? I didn't WANT a g/f at 16. Too much stuff to do. Now get off the stupid computer and go do it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
As a country song ounce said, look her in the eye and tell her "What the fuck ever"
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Were both 16 y/o. She said things at home were chaotic and that it wasn't fair that she couldn't focus on me. She said she likes me. She just needs some time/space. I asked her if this means she didn't want to see me anymore. She said yes and that i don't know how hard this is for her. She doesn't like to hurt anyone. I think she was trying to let me down easy.

And they called it puppy love........
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry man, that is a pisser. But hey, she is just the first of many.  Feel like crap for awhile.  Put on some Sinatra or Radiohead Creep and revel in it for a while.  Then man up and move onto the next.  It is a process that you are going to go through many times so you might as well learn to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I know it's hard, but at 16 you are gonna see a lot more of this pain. Hard to believe, but you will work through it.

This is one of the reasons why most parents try to keep their teen from getting real involved with each other. I told my two to date a LOT so that they would have a better idea of what they wanted in a person.

Even as an adult, you may have a chance to visit this hurt. After all years of being together, my wife decided she wanted something "different" and left me.

Hang in there. Go have fun with your friends. If ya lived closer to me we'd go shooting this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to hear that, but sometimes it is for the better. I would go out and by another gun, to make up for the lost. How about a nice 1911 sound or a HK USP?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Trust me.  Just tell your yourself "What the fuck ever",  and move on.   Act like you dont care, and dont think about her.  And go shooting, thats a sure fix.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Laddie,

She may be the first but she won't be the last.  Certainly it hurts but what doesn't destroy you makes you only stronger and a better person.  We've all been there...

and that's why we're at Arfcom now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear that, but sometimes it is for the better. I would go out and by another gun, to make up for the lost. How about a nice 1911 sound or a HK USP?

Umm dude, did you miss the fact that he is 16???

In all seriousness, take all of that pain and hurt and GO to the gym!

16 is hard with all of your hormones and shit going on in your body and head.  Use it.  

Oh yeah, learn a phrase that will do you well in life (until you meet "Mrs. Deersniper") FTB

FTB = Fuck the Bitch...  Move on and fuck her best friend
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I know it sucks, but (and I know you don't want to hear this) but you're still young.  Maybe she was just trying to let you off easy, maybe she was being honest.  You may want to consider just sticking around if you think she was being at all honest.  Just be around and let her know she can talk to you about whatever, and that you will be there if she needs anything.  Don't be a stalker, but let her kow she can count on you as a friend if she needs.  It may or may not work out, but she may decide you really are a good guy and want to go back with you.  If she really is having problems at home you may be a real help.  But again, don't be a stalker.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anybody have that link?

www.ebaumsworld.com/homebase.html

That's excellent!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
its a bummer man.

but dont fret. theres another fly honey with a tiny booty out there waiting for ya.

heres a tip toget you feeling better. enroll for one semester at you local community college.

thats how i met my fiance.

I'm there every day and I see some of the most SPECTACULAR women in that place!
Being 51 doesnt help but if you are in the 18 to 25 group the local CC is a fooking borgasmord of female finery! Just go hang in the library one evening and see for yourself!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#24]
NTXT
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Being 51 doesnt help

Start working off your gut.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Your 16 years old.

There is alot of living left to do.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Your 16 years old.

Don't listen to people like this (no offense to you MadProfessor). Even 16 year old have emotions. Your grief shouldnt be discounted just because of your age. I'm sure everyone has gone through a bad breakup at least once in their life. No amount of advice (or lack thereof, when it comes to arfcom ) will make it any easier. Only time can do that. It took me two years to get over my first love, and I thought it would never end...but I eventually moved on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Being 51 doesnt help

Start working off your gut.

(Comment deleted Higher standard and all that!)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#29]

(Comment deleted Higher standard and all that!)

OH, COME ON!!!!! IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!! Did your sense of humor get lost in the server migration?????
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Have sex with one of her friends
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your 16 years old.

Don't listen to people like this (no offense to you MadProfessor). Even 16 year old have emotions. Your grief shouldnt be discounted just because of your age. I'm sure everyone has gone through a bad breakup at least once in their life. No amount of advice (or lack thereof, when it comes to arfcom ) will make it any easier. Only time can do that. It took me two years to get over my first love, and I thought it would never end...but I eventually moved on.

It's not that 16 year-olds don't have emotions, it's that they have too many of them, and don't know what to do with them.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#32]
You have a couple choices.  You can do like I did when I was your age and wallow in the pain and feel bad for yourself.  Taking a lot of time out because this "perfect" thing didn't work out.  Or you can do what I do now and realize that shit happens and move on to something fun.  I followed option one even through college.  Now I look back at and realized I waisted a lot of good times because I was too serious about relationships and was wallowing in my own self pity.  It's ok to feel some pain and realize that you lost something good...but keep it at that.  Your world hasn't ended, there are 1,000s more girls out there for you to chase, so take a moment to review your last relationship and then go have some fun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
 She said she needed space. .

Not to be cold, but this translates into she was already seeing another guy.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#34]
1st girlfriend and 1st breakup ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

I wasnt going to say anything but good ol straight forward sarge is right!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your 16 years old.

I understand he has feelings. I was simply saying that he has plenty of time to find another (and there will be others...) and that time heals all wounds.

I'm only 20, so hes not much younger then me. When I was 19 I broke up with the girl I had been seeing for 3 years. It hurt, but I got over it, as will he.

On a positive note, in order to try to cheer myself up, I did buy a new Benelli, did the trick.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

16? 16????????? Oh man, kids these days.  Next time a girl breaks up with you jump up and down yelling "Yes!!" then say "I have to go.. call someone" and take off.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your 16 years old.

Oh give me a freakin break, he shouldn't even have a "girlfriend" at this age.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Sorry man, that's really sad.

So when are you going to post the nudie shots of her?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Sorry man, that's really sad.

So when are you going to post the nudie shots of her?

Did yo uread the part where she is 16? My daughter is that age
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Well thats 1 thing I quit caring about.  I have had a nice amout of failed relationships.  I just dont care about alot of things anymore.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
man, that does suck.

Treat yourself to something nice......

Yeah, like PIE!

Can't believe no one said that yet.

Seriously, sorry to hear that she didn't know when she had a good thing going DeerSniper.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I really liked her alot.  I feel like i just got punched in the stomach.  She said she needed space.  Just need to get that out.  This sucks.

And........
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:39:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:05:27 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

MD huh? Odds are she was related to you anyway... move to a new state... the further south and west you go the better looking theyget.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

MD huh? Odds are she was related to you anyway... move to a new state... the further south and west you go the better looking they get.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Suck it up and drive on!!!  Now that she wants her space, its time for you to find some new tasty PIE to hit!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:22:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

That is exactly what that means... I didn't want to be the first to say it though.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#49]
That sucks..sorry man.  I would seriously try to hook up with one of her girlfriends. If you are successful, you with make yourself feel better while making her feel like crap........AND you will break up their friendship.  Give it a shot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Here are words of advise to live the rest of your life by. They have help me out a few times. Everytime you think about her repeat these phrases over and over.

It is stupid to love someone who does not love you. I am not stupid.

You will get to a point were all you will need is to think this once in your head and you will move on to the next helpful phrase.

Screw her, she just a stupid bitch.  Screw her, she just a stupid bitch.  

Once you have moved on to step two you shouldnt need to repeat the FHSJASB more than twice.

Trust me a few years down the road you may not even remeber her stupid name

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top