Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2004 5:14:56 PM EDT
So I'm at the grocery store, in the chekout line.  And I notice that the lady behind me had a box of strawberries on the conveyor belt - in fact, they were the first thing she put on, which meant they were right next to the divider.  That's when I realized that I had wanted strawberries for the last few days, but had FORGOTTEN to put any in my cart.  And it was too late to change, because there were obviously people in line behind me - and I'm lazy.  But this woman is busy prattling away on her phone, and supervising her two unruly offspring, so I realized that all I had to do was move the divider over a little, and the strawberries would be on my side - and she'd probably never notice (and even if she did, it could easily look like a mistake).   Oooooh - it was so tempting, but I resisted, and let her keep her delicious strawberries.

Then, about an hour later, I'm out in the garage, spreading some putty/glaze on the car (with the garage doors open for ventilation, so I don't get too much cancer) and the neighboor wife from across the street comes over and gives me some homemade strawberry shortcake, with fresh strawberries and awesome ice cream!  (she'd made too much, and their kid couldn't eat it all).

Woo-hoo.  God pats me on the back and says "good boy, DK-Prof"  

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Do I have permission to paste this to a light-hearted prayer email thread?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely - although it's a little shameful for me to admit that I CONSIDERED taking the lady's strawberries - but since the internet is pretty anonymous, feel free to repost it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You actually thought about stealing a mother's strawberies? The horror....

I'm surprised you're not saying much more about the neighbor wife.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

and the neighboor wife from across the street comes over and gives me some homemade strawberry shortcake, with fresh strawberries and awesome ice cream!  (she'd made too much, and their kid couldn't eat it all).

That's not pie!!

Fucking dutch!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm surprised you're not saying much more about the neighbor wife.

The neighbors across the street are actually really nice, and I know them quite well - every once in a while they feel pity for me because I live by myself and have me over for dinner.  The husband has been really helpful with the Mustang (he used to have one himself when he was younger) and their kids are great.  

So, no penthouse letter about the neighbor's wife here
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I don't believe that I can find any scriptual basis for this issue.

But good on you anyway.

I love strawberry short cake.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, I don't believe that I can find any scriptual basis for this issue.

PIEm nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow,  that was a speedy resolution and equalization of the karmic balance. I have waited years in the past for that kind of thing.

Good on you, mijnheer!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#9]
As I have very received very little good fortune in reflection of all of the good deeds I have done, I know it is all being placed in an savings account and one day, very soon, I will be rewarded with there being no more room in hell.

Peace be with you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#10]
You are a good boy.  
You get two gold stars.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
You should have stopped at the local corner store and got you a bottle of strawberry hill Boones farm.  Then drank it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Good job, DK.  It's nice when doing the right thing pays off in the short term as well as the long term.  

Luke 18:29-30 KJV
(29)  And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,
(30)  Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top