Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/4/2004 5:09:11 PM EDT
Have you seen these new Hardee's commercials? I cringe every time I see them.

"I was driving and the only thing there was a Hardee's. I figured, ok, I guess I could just get some fries."
Or
"Oh Hardee's. Ewww, I never eat Hardee's."

At the end of them, they realize that Hardee's does have one burger that tastes ok. WTF? I don't see how this could possibly make people want to eat there.

Denny's is another one that pisses me off. "Denny's: It's a good place to sit and eat." Gee, thanks for the late breaking news. I thought it was a strip joint.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Wachovis securities (or financial services or whatever) drive me INSANE!!!  I literally have to change the channel so I don't start yelling at the TV
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Worse than the Wizard of Oz M&M's tie in?  I THINK NOT!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]
No, no, no. Hardees ads suck, but the WORST are those check-to-cash places that advertise how they're there for you, and want to be blah blah warm fuzzy blah blah warm fuzzy.

Crooks.

Ok, they're not crooks, nobody forces anyone to use those places, but I just have a hard time justifying predatory lending.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wachovis securities (or financial services or whatever) drive me INSANE!!!  I literally have to change the channel so I don't start yelling at the TV

Yeah. I have to be careful about cleaning guns while watching TV because that music makes me want to kill myself.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you hear me now?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can you hear me now?

Ooo, I forgot about that one. We actually studied that one in a communications class I took last year. It's so bad because "Can you hear me now?" is the first thing you say when you lose signal. So, it looks like the guy is just walking around trying to find a signal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you hear me now?

Ooo, I forgot about that one. We actually studied that one in a communications class I took last year. It's so bad because "Can you hear me now?" is the first thing you say when you lose signal. So, it looks like the guy is just walking around trying to find a signal.

Well I'm one of those neanderthal people who will start speaking loudly assuming it will help the signal even though it really won't actually help.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you hear me now?

Well I'm one of those neanderthal people who will start speaking loudly assuming it will help the signal even though it really won't actually help.

No it's a natural assumption. What you're doing is adding more thrust per squeeze, but electronically. I think it helps.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked the M&M OZ ads. Oh well, different strokes.

I hate the di-tech ads.

I love when the Iraq GI's will say that they really miss ads after 12 months of Armed Forces TV.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Stupid Geico Gecko commercials.  I wanna smash that little bastard with my boot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The best most creative commercial on tv right now is where it seems like a hair loss commercial and then the doctor says he just saved a bunch of money on car insurance.  very funny.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No it's a natural assumption. What you're doing is adding more thrust per squeeze, but electronically. I think it helps.

aahahahah....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Kill your television.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you hear me now?

Dude, I think everyone does that.

It's just that it is always someone else doing it....sitting at the next table in a restaraunt, sporting event, etc.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Stupid Geico Gecko commercials.  I wanna smash that little bastard with my boot.

whoa, whoa, whao!!!!!!!!

You talking about my little green friend?!?!?

I kinda like the gecko....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I love that "Rubber Band Man" commercial.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#17]
AFLAC!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope they don't make any more Extra Chewing Gum commercials with the talking pink stick of gum with a Scottish accent that yells at squirrels.  WTF?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hope they don't make any more Extra Chewing Gum commercials with the talking pink stick of gum with a Scottish accent that yells at squirrels.  WTF?

I fucking can't stand that ad, now they have him parachuting out of airplanes
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]
HI!! BILLY MAYS HERE...!!!

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quizno's.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quizno's.

dammit those ads rule
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Arby's and the talking oven mitt.  I hate that guy.

I'm also so glad that "Dude you're getting a cell" Steve is gone.  Of course, the interns aren't much better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#24]
DITEC.COM
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Those "Truth" anti-smoking ads...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#26]
mmmmmm....hardee's thick burger......i'm hungry now
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Did you know that cigarettes have rat poison?
Also, nutmeg has hallucinogenic drugs.

What is that number that they use?  Something like 1,400 people die per day?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
mmmmmm....hardee's thick burger......i'm hungry now

Hmm, I guess the ad did work on some people...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I hate those dumb-assed "blah, the anti-drug" commercials they play on the radio.

I don't watch TV, so I can't complain about tv ads
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'd pay big $$$ to kick that annoying motherfucker in the nuts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.whotokill.com/Marks/Billy_Mays.jpg

How much would you be willing to pay to kick me in the nuts?

Maybe we can work a deal...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it just me, or does that guy actually scream every time he opens his mouth on TV?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#33]
1-800-SAFE AUTO.
Minimum coverage for maximum cost to me (who's never made a claim on any of my cars)
for "Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance".  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Placid scene of woman riding a bicycle with a guy...
"Living with genital herpes can be..."

SHUT THE FUCK UP, WHORE!!!!!!

I wonder if she told the guy she has herpes...
Scott
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it just me, or does that guy actually scream every time he opens his mouth on TV?

No, it's not just you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
www.world-of-collectibles.com/images/advert/whereb.jpg

I once had a girlfriend ask me that question. I was 15 or so and was puzzled by it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.world-of-collectibles.com/images/advert/whereb.jpg

I once had a girlfriend ask me that question. I was 15 or so and was puzzled by it.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you hear me now?

Yep...I only figured out recently that the idea is that he GETS a signal wherever he goes.  

TERRIBLE idea for an ad campaign.  And they've stuck with it too.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I hate the Ford slogan, "If you haven't looked at a Ford lately, look again."

It's as if they're saying, yeah we know that our cars sucked in the past, but there not as bad as before, so check us out one more time before you completely write us off.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#41]

I get angry every time I see the commercial for SafeTouch home security systems, where a burglar breaks a window, and the husband fearfully clutches the children in the hallway while the woman takes charge and gets on the horn with the security company.

You friggin sissy!!  Grab a gun or fireplace poker or SOMETHING and go take care of business!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I get angry every time I see the commercial for SafeTouch home security systems, where a burglar breaks a window, and the husband fearfully clutches the children in the hallway while the woman takes charge and gets on the horn with the security company.

You friggin sissy!!  Grab a gun or fireplace poker or SOMETHING and go take care of business!

That is typical media propaganda with the sole intent to "pussyify" the American male.  We aren't supposed to be aggresive anymore, passive is much more chic.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

My kids laugh their asses off at commercials like that.  The second time they see them they "shoot the bad guy" when he shows up.

I don't know where they get it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#44]
beer wars anyone?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I really enjoyed the "broken glass freeze-pop" ad.

"... and remember, broken glass freeze-pops are only for adults."

Of course, I immediately light up a new smoke as soon as the ad comes on...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#46]
That new Miller Beer commercial with the guy debating the Horse is pretty good. "It's a Travscamockery!!!".

Also that Dairy Queen one with the front loading papoose pack where the toddler nails dad with a kick to the nuts and a head butt makes me laugh!

Any of the Wachovia or Geico commercials suck really big ones in my book. And that annoying British-accented gum chewing snooty 60's retro commercial look makes me want to change the channel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Way too many damned annoyinh commericals on.  I dont own a Tv and my radio doesnt work so I dont get much exposure.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#48]
The only thing Oxi Clean removes is money from your wallet.  Somebody ought to bitch slap Billy Mays.

On the other hand, I love those identity theft commercials where the oriental dentist sounds like a lounge lizard.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#49]
The latest ford commercial where the guy parks the focus and it starts that whiny screeching tirade about it is meant drive and how great it is. I swear ford commercials have done more to turn me off to ever consider buying another one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The only thing Oxi Clean removes is money from your wallet.  Somebody ought to bitch slap Billy Mays.

On the other hand, I love those identity theft commercials where the oriental dentist sounds like a lounge lizard.  

That commercial is just freakish!!!!

But, you just can't turn away....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top