Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 4:22:55 PM EDT
Skil router, 1 3.4hp with table and plunger.  Not the best but a good start.  $99

Now, let's see how long it takes before I get blood on this thing...

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a D-Link 802.11B
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
i got a new ridgid radial arm saw and a ridgid oscilating sander this weekend.
on clearance at home depot for a grand total of $335.
if you are buying tools check your local home depot for ridgid closeout of there gray models.

next on my list is a 3 h.p plunge router and a router cabinet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I got me a couple cisco 7206vxr's.  Cost about $50,000 for the pair.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It's very rare to draw blood with a router.   Damned good thing, too, because what a router touches,
you don't get back.

I just got TWO free Delta table saws with Biesemeyer fences.   The younger of the two saws is at least 20 years old and is all cast iron and heavy gauge sheet steel, and the older one is so old that even the legs of its stand are cast iron.

Also got a free Milwaukee-Delta 6" jointer, all cast iron construction, also probably around  fifty years old like the older of the two table saws.

This makes my life easier.  I no longer have to think about moving my table saw from the garage to the shop, because the new tools are already at the shop.

My router is a 3 and 1/8th HP Hitachi TR-12.   To say it's powerful is an understatement.  

Use caution with all power tools or you're chunk style.  

CJ
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Put that router on a cheap router table with that blade spinning on top with no guards and you can see a lot of blood real quick
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Want blood? Go buy some cheap carbide bits. Don't bother putting them on the router, just skip that part and go ahead and break a piece off with a hammer and shove it in your eye. That's what's likely to happen anyway.

Seriously, don't screw around with cheap bits. They're disappointing to work with and dangerous. Bosch and Freud are both pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Still using the ole Westell 2200    Although it seems to be working alot better than the efficient 5667 I had on here.    Saving my pennies for a Cisco1721 with a 1enet WIC.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You actually wrote "WooT"???

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Want blood? Go buy some cheap carbide bits. Don't bother putting them on the router, just skip that part and go ahead and break a piece off with a hammer and shove it in your eye. That's what's likely to happen anyway.

Seriously, don't screw around with cheap bits. They're disappointing to work with and dangerous. Bosch and Freud are both pretty good.

I've bought a fair number of inexpensive carbide bits from www.woodbits.com and I've been pleased with the quality.   They seem to be very nearly as good as the more expensive brand name bits, but at a small fraction of the cost.    I've had no troubles with them and some have been used a great deal.

I have some bits in my bit box that I got from woodbits that would have cost me HUNDREDS of dollars in a brand name, but were about 38 bucks each.     The quality of them is quite good and woodbits has a very good no BS warranty.    I noted that one of  these big 38 dollar bits was slightly out of balance, and when I asked woodbits about it, they sent me another one free of charge and didn't even want the old one back.      It's hard to complain about service like that!

CJ
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top