User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/4/2004 3:37:45 PM EDT

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL !!
Look at the driver, she's not even aware she hit that guy !!
How the hell can pedestrians be so freakin blind to the world around them.  I know when I cross the street I am always looking at traffic.
She's probably a blind old fart that shouldn't have a license in the first place.
This looks european, perhaps they should ban cars.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
DAMN, that must of hurt
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a "Photoshop" job to me .
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't tell if he still has his shoes on. They usually get knocked right out of their shoes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at the faces of the people in the other cars!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I can guaran-fucking-tee you it isn't.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No look in the windsheild of the ar on the left . You can see the look of shock on the chicks face .
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Those Mercedes are fine automobiles. Not a scratch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still say it looks "Photoshopped".
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]

You can't even see her cell phone!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Not here, L plates too long and narrow.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, it IS photoshopped, check out the removal of license plate info.

But I think the EVENT happened exactly as depicted.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a little old lady driving the Mercedes.

What do you want to bet the victim is an Englishman accustomed to looking to his right for oncoming traffic?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Reminds me of the "Grey Dawn" episode of South Park.

She must be headed to the European version of the Country Kitchen....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Germany.

For Mr Idler:
www.rasender-killer.de/bilder/post-15-1083344636.jpg

Have a closer look, it's definitely not a 'chop. All the other cars, except for the VW Passat kept moving, the pedestrians moved, the passengers in the cars are aghast...staged, possibly, 'chopped, no way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
It looks odd to me.  I see only stubs of arms, legs, and head.  Also, wouldn't his legs be pointing forward, instead of rearward when hit that way?  It looks like he got caught by the side mirror in the second part, and in the first it looked like he was in front of the grille.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]
This amuses you?  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#19]

It looks odd to me. I see only stubs of arms, legs, and head. Also, wouldn't his legs be pointing forward, instead of rearward when hit that way? It looks like he got caught by the side mirror in the second part, and in the first it looked like he was in front of the grille.

I disagree.  She knocked his legs out from under him, and they flipped all the way around, causing him to do an end over.   You're seeing the end result of that.  Just draw a mental counterclockwise circle starting with his feet and you'll see what I mean.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Did his head get ripped off by the A-pillar?

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This amuses you?  

Yea, in a Monty Pythonesqe sort of way, it does.
Tis' But a Scratch !!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Caption this picture...  ==Bob
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It looks odd to me. I see only stubs of arms, legs, and head. Also, wouldn't his legs be pointing forward, instead of rearward when hit that way? It looks like he got caught by the side mirror in the second part, and in the first it looked like he was in front of the grille.

I disagree.  She knocked his legs out from under him, and they flipped all the way around, causing him to do an end over.   You're seeing the end result of that.  Just draw a mental counterclockwise circle starting with his feet and you'll see what I mean.  

still, im suspicious of the lack of appendages.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#24]
did the old guy live?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
did the old guy live?

Nasty bump on the head, some bruises, but otherwise OK. Neither bones nor skin broken.
The driver of the Mercedes claimed to have been unaware of the accident and drove on, but has been apprehended a couple of blocks later. By a couple of very cautious German cops...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#26]
He hit the window. You can tell because the windshield wiper is pulled up in the second pic. And it looks like the glass is shattered where his head might have hit. ouch
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Ouch
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#28]
If you look at how far the Merc traveled (compared to other cars), I'm thinking she ran a red light - so it doesn't REALLY seem that careless on the part of the pedestrian - as someone mentioned above.

Usually, when cars are stopped and you've got a green WALK, you kind of assume that other cars are going to stop as well.

I'm oddly fascinated by the flying briefcase!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#29]
DK-Prof, that's why the red light-camera took the pictures in first place.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#30]
http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/movies/pingpong.mpg
ii know its old but still funny

http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/sick/roadpizza.mpg
sorry, im too dumb to hot link!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
did the old guy live?

Nasty bump on the head, some bruises, but otherwise OK. Neither bones nor skin broken.
The driver of the Mercedes claimed to have been unaware of the accident and drove on, but has been apprehended a couple of blocks later. By a couple of very cautious German cops...

And then she was stood up against a wall and shot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
DK-Prof, that's why the red light-camera took the pictures in first place.

DUH!   I guess, in retrospect, that's perfectly obvious  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Germany.

For Mr Idler:

Have a closer look, it's definitely not a 'chop. All the other cars, except for the VW Passat kept moving, the pedestrians moved, the passengers in the cars are aghast...staged, possibly, 'chopped, no way.

My name is TIDLER and you can stick your "idler" where the "sun don't shine".
I, at least, have the courage to use my real name and I would appreciate you using it.
(And it STILL looks like a "Photoshop" job !)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Oh .... shit! I swear I didn't mean to insult you or make fun of your name! I've always wondered what the handle "Wet Idler" stood for And yes, I'm serious. Please accept my apologies!

Kar"It's still not photoshopped, though"98
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Kar"It's still not photoshopped, though"98

I love this man.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Germany.

For Mr Idler:

I, at least, have the courage to use my real name and I would appreciate you using it.

I know how you feel.  A lot of folks think I give a sermon on Sunday's...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Germany.

For Mr Idler:

Some folks use a term other than courage....

Second pic shows windshield caved in, that had to hurt.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The plates are white because of the reflective coating and the flash from the camera.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The plates are white because of the reflective coating and the flash from the camera.

If so, it woudln't be a particularly USEFUL red-light camera!  

I'm guessing they've been blurred fore privacy reasons - if these pictures were released to the media.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#40]

AZ-K9 said:
Some folks use a term other than courage....

I don't care what "term" anyone here uses as I know why I use it. As this is "just the internet" that is all that really matters to me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm going to go out on a limb and point out that this victim was to a large part at fault too.

Look at his face in the first pic.  Not even watching traffic.  No situational awareness whatsoever.  No cognizance of the direction from which the greatest threat to his safety might be expected to come.   Just a blind trust that the "system" will keep him safe.

The butch looking woman with the short hair, on the other hand, looks like she saw the whole thing coming.  you can see she's already stopped and is watching this scenario unfold.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Germany.

For Mr Idler:

Decaf?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Germany.

For Mr Idler:

I know how you feel.  A lot of folks think I give a sermon on Sunday's...

... including me.  I woulda sworn your nik was D P R E A C H E R.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
... including me.  I woulda sworn your nik was D P R E A C H E R.

No kidding, so did I until you pointed it out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#45]
I must confess that until I saw (or maybe noticed) a post signed "Bill Tidler, Jr." I too thought the nick was "Wet Idler." I just assumed that it was based on a funny story that had been retold a hundred times before I got here, so I never asked.

I knew Dpeacher had only one "R", but I suspected a typo.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:11:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
did the old guy live?

And then she was stood up against a wall and shot.

The German Polizei aren't known for being too subtle, beat first, ask questions later seems their mantra!

Rule #1: Don't walk in front of oncoming traffic and expect them to stop!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still say it looks "Photoshopped".

Here's a neat idea. How about explaining what part of the pictures you think has been Photoshopped? That's usually the next step in these types of discussions.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Didn't the man know that she was in a hurry?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb and point out that this victim was to a large part at fault too.

Look at his face in the first pic.  Not even watching traffic.  No situational awareness whatsoever.  No cognizance of the direction from which the greatest threat to his safety might be expected to come.   Just a blind trust that the "system" will keep him safe.

The butch looking woman with the short hair, on the other hand, looks like she saw the whole thing coming.  you can see she's already stopped and is watching this scenario unfold.

So if you were crossing a street in a city (keep in mind, in most European cities everyone walks everywhere, so you cross streets ALL the time all day long) and the predestrian light is green, and cars are already stopped at the light, you would STILL be carefully walking out, and not assuming that cars were going to stop?

You might, but I think most people would just start walking across like that guy did - I bet I would.

I hear what you're saying, and I guess people could always be MORE careful, but this just doesn't seem like a case where a guy was careless.  To me, that's a little like saying that those people in the  Santa Monica market who got mowed down and killed by an old confused dude who drove down a closed street should have been more careful and should have looked out for people who are terrible drivers and don't obey the law.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#50]
No damage to the car?

TRG
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top