Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2004 1:44:57 PM EDT
For the experts out there. One time I took an overnight bag to my friends cottage and I have a whole bunch of ammo and guns in there.  Later I took a trip and I took the same bag.  As I was standing in line I noticed the guys taking swabs for the explosives.  Why didnt it pick up the ammo?  Or at least the residue?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The "sniffer" might be able to, but it's the "fluffers" who do the real work.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats strange.
I sold my boss a case of 9mm that was too heavy to take to Gunstock.
He laid his briefcase on it for a few hours and they hit on the briefcase later that day.
The briefcase had never been around a gun or ammo before and in fact was almost new.
Go figure!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Pre 911 . I flew thru Detroit . I had used my range bag when I did it . The stoped me pulled out everything I had in there and took apart my Gameboy, CD player , and Laptop computer .
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe because the smokeless power was sealed inside the cartridge?

Bomb sniffers, mechanical and canine, sniff for the vapors of nitrated substances I think.  Smokeless powder falls under stat category.  Maybe you should have said something?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top