Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 5:44:44 PM EDT
Well, it is official...I am now considered a REAL librarian as of this evening!!  I finished my last class and it looks like I will be pulling out an overall GPA of 3.98 for grad school.  Now I can really answer all of your reference questions!

Woo Hoo!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I bow to the superior intellect!  Congrats!  I didn't have the motivation/inclination to go to grad school.  Does this mean you are gonna leave IN like the rest of the college graduates?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bow to the superior intellect!  Congrats!  I didn't have the motivation/inclination to go to grad school.  Does this mean you are gonna leave IN like the rest of the college graduates?

Thanks!  I don't think I'll be leaving, but it is a pretty open field.  Right now I have the only income in the house, so if a great offer came my way, I might!  I could get used to doing reference on the beach or something!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I not finish grade scholl.  I r not a bad with leters but my cyfering not to good.  Good luck with Hi scool!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]
By the way.....Congratulations!  I finished in 1999 and it was a great relief.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]
3.98? Good job.
Congratulations

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
By the way.....Congratulations!  I finished in 1999 and it was a great relief.  

Congratulations to you!  I can't believe I'm finally done.  Poor QuietShootr is certainly going to ask me to go back to school when he figures out what a PITA I can be!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
3.98? Good job.
Congratulations

Yeah, I got a $#%^%^ B+ in a 1.5 credit hour class.  I was a little miffed to say the least.  Oh well.  Even the person who graduates last in the class is considered a librarian, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats.  I've got 9 more classes till I'm done with grad school.   I can't wait.  Congrats again.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations.

I've still got a year left for my Masters, and then on to Doctoral work in Electrical Engineering. Fun stuff.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the Dewey Decimal System really just a Zionist plot like what I read in www.arabnews.com?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is the Dewey Decimal System really just a Zionist plot like what I read in www.arabnews.com?

Well, as they teach us in library school to ask: "Is this a credible source?  Might there be bias?"  Whaddya think??
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Congratulations.

I've still got a year left for my Masters, and then on to Doctoral work in Electrical Engineering. Fun stuff.

Jonathan

Ugh...I feel your pain.  I am sort of thinking about a PhD, but I would have to go more than an hour away to the closest school.  Not sure if it is worth in this case.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congratulations.

Jonathan

Ugh...I feel your pain.  I am sort of thinking about a PhD, but I would have to go more than an hour away to the closest school.  Not sure if it is worth in this case.

Thankfully I've maneuvered myself into the position where I've completed work on a year of 18 hours of tough courses, now I have a year with 6 hours of easy courses and 12 hours of thesis work. And everything is paid, so I'm not racking up debt. And I live only 10 minutes off campus.

Taking the summer off to keep my sanity after this past month of hell (and I do mean hell). Last final of the semester is Wednesday, and I have one project report left to turn in which went from being due tomorrow at 5, to being due Thursday at noon.

I wish I could boast a 3.98 GPA. I'm sitting on a 3.83, and am estimating it to stay or drop to a 3.75 from this past semester.

I should be able to continue right on through onto PhD work in the same area (Digital Electronics Design), and keep the tuition waivers, assistanceships and fellowships.

Trying to play my cards right...

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congratulations.

Jonathan

I am in the same boat.  The MS allows me to teach as an Adjunct when I am away from my real job.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#19]
!!!!!!Congrats MARIAN!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
!!!!!!Congrats MARIAN!!!!!!

As the king would say, "Thank you, thank you verra much!"
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well, it is official...I am now considered a REAL librarian as of this evening!!  I finished my last class and it looks like I will be pulling out an overall GPA of 3.98 for grad school.  Now I can really answer all of your reference questions!

Well congrads! I bet that was a lot of hard work. And overal GPA of 3.98!!? What happened a prof got pissed and gave you a B right?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well congrads! I bet that was a lot of hard work. And overal GPA of 3.98!!? What happened a prof got pissed and gave you a B right?

Pretty much...I got a B+ in an online class this summer.  I was about pissed to say the least.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't worry, those nightmares about waking up late for a final and not studying at all will subside in, oh, about 10 years. Had more bad dreams about undergrad than gradschool.

Congratulations. Grad school will take you far if you stay way from social service jobs. I got a 3.98 too. A-hole Harvard-educated bs instructer had to give me a 'B' for disagreeing in class too often.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#24]
[montyburns]Excellent.  My plan to phase myself out of the workforce is almost complete.[/montyburns]

Good job, sweetie!  I love you and I'm VERY proud of you!

QS
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Doctorate?    Future student....  

Yep.   I've directed many a person through their doctorate....

"Grad School.....the snooze button of life"

......hit the snooze button again....we need work.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Good job, Marian!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats...

I think the girlfriends of some arfcom member did too.... oh wait you said grad... not grade
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats!  I left school without writing my thesis, and that was 3 years ago almost to the day.  It's amazing how quickly life gets in the way of things like trying to write.  Of course, after 5 years of undergrad and 3 years of grad I pretty much had my fill of school at that point.  Now I need to clear up a couple of "incompletes" before I can even try to write my thesis.  It sure is funny the excuses we come up with.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#29]
dewey decimal
what is it
quick now!
T or F
Library of Congress is in whichita.
3.98 ha!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:31:33 AM EDT
[#30]
congrats  marian, now its time to dump the husband and get a younger guy, or an  older biker guy with tatts

how well did you do in the class that teaches you how to sush people talking???

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#31]
congrats!

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
congrats  marian, now its time to dump the husband and get a younger guy, or an  older biker guy with tatts

how well did you do in the class that teaches you how to sush people talking???

I think that was the class I got a B+ in...being quiet is NOT my strong suit!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:29:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
dewey decimal
what is it
quick now!
T or F
3.98 ha!

Well, the 623s are weapons and military related items, of course!  Did you know that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
dewey decimal
what is it
quick now!
T or F
3.98 ha!

"Donnnnn't you knooooow the dewey decimal system?"

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dewey decimal
what is it
quick now!
T or F
3.98 ha!

"Donnnnn't you knooooow the dewey decimal system?"

students.ou.edu/W/Eric.D.Webb-1/02.jpg

That is really scary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top